Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Even saying "the black guy" is out of order.

Obviously yes. By Western multicultural standards it isn't great at all. But living in Korea I experienced 'the white guy' and 'the foreigner'. 'The black guy' would certainly be used commonly too I have no doubt.

In a post-communist country with probably less than 0.1% of the population being black there are different standards in terms of use of language and what counts as acceptable. It's churlish to ignore cultural relativism when incidents like this happen.

UEFA however should surely be vetting their officials on stuff like this to make sure every one of them are singing from the same hymn sheet if they're going to ref on the biggest stage.

Must be nearly that time of year where a Spanish player goes to a Christmas party as one of the wise men.

Only seen bits and pieces of Barca this season. I know their results have been shocking. But I couldn’t believe how shit they were tonight.

Pjanic was swill. Griezmann was utter dog. De Jong never seems to impose himself on games the way he did at Ajax. He was the same tonight. The defence was just a jagged line and regularly over-matched all game. The usual pretty passing in the final third without threatening. Juve just let them have it in the wide areas and they never looked to work an overlap or cross it. Juve won at a canter.

Koeman is going to have them bottom half soon if this keeps on :lol:

I honestly think their bad season is down to poor coaching - having watched them in pretty much every game this season I have come to the conclusion they have their version of Bruce in charge - biggest mistake Koeman made was not starting Puig - he is exactly the player they need - he has overused Busquets when he should be being brave and playing Pedri - FDJ and Puig in midfield to give Barca control - then you have a forward line of Messi, Griezemann, Fati, Dembele, Trincao to pick from which isn’t bad - granted they need a number 9 - but if he was tactically astute he would have used Fati or Griezemann in that role - even Braithwaite can do a job for one season - everything Barca do is so narrow and slow that it is easy to defend - I have even forgotten about Coutinho

Guest neesy111

Only seen bits and pieces of Barca this season. I know their results have been shocking. But I couldn’t believe how shit they were tonight.

Pjanic was swill. Griezmann was utter dog. De Jong never seems to impose himself on games the way he did at Ajax. He was the same tonight. The defence was just a jagged line and regularly over-matched all game. The usual pretty passing in the final third without threatening. Juve just let them have it in the wide areas and they never looked to work an overlap or cross it. Juve won at a canter.

Koeman is going to have them bottom half soon if this keeps on :lol:

I honestly think their bad season is down to poor coaching - having watched them in pretty much every game this season I have come to the conclusion they have their version of Bruce in charge - biggest mistake Koeman made was not starting Puig - he is exactly the player they need - he has overused Busquets when he should be being brave and playing Pedri - FDJ and Puig in midfield to give Barca control - then you have a forward line of Messi, Griezemann, Fati, Dembele, Trincao to pick from which isn’t bad - granted they need a number 9 - but if he was tactically astute he would have used Fati or Griezemann in that role - even Braithwaite can do a job for one season - everything Barca do is so narrow and slow that it is easy to defend - I have even forgotten about Coutinho

You've missed one big issue.  They can't defend at all.

That’s true - but their lack of possession dominance means they are over exposed at the back - they don’t even bother pressing these days which you would have thought with the youngish players they have, they should be doing  it in some form

Having a bit of an argument with a mate about the incident last night.

I said the fourth official should have called Webo by his name and he said calling him the black guy is just a quick way of identifying him.

Surely a fourth official should do some research on who the coaching staff are he'll be dealing with. It's not like Pierre Webo is an unknown

I said the fourth official should have called Webo by his name and he said calling him the black guy is just a quick way of identifying him.

Surely a fourth official should do some research on who the coaching staff are he'll be dealing with. It's not like Pierre Webo is an unknown

If only I had a pound for every time I've read in comments sections "it's no different to saying the tall guy, the ginger guy, the fat guy (should you be saying that :lol: )"

Additionally, football players have numbers. For purposes of quick identification.

:lol: :lol: You're friends with such minds? :lol:

Additionally, football players have numbers. For purposes of quick identification.

Not to mention their names are written there, too. :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

People refer to people by way of skin colour, or bald, or fat, or ginger almost naturally without menace or prejudice, the key here in terms of battling racism, however, is when you look at another individual whatever their skin colour, you see NO colour and that’s important.

Referring to someone as a black guy is not racist and those who do shouldn’t be punished, but it’s about educating people and looking outside of the box that the true real and best way to beat racism is to stop, again, looking at each other based on skin colour or ethnicity even.

Long way to go. My kids are mixed race and I hate them being identified as such, they are fucking kids, young bairns, Geordies in fact and proud Geordies, not white, not brown, not chocolate, or British or English even (we are part of a worldwide race), we are humans, the human race and we all all the same. Or should be.

It’s the fucking 21st century FFS man and this shit needs to end, same with all forms of prejudice and looking at people as belonging to some other totally different and alien race based purely just on race, ethnicity, religion, body type, sexuality, sexual preference, weight, hair colour or whatever else.

My oldest son wears glasses now, he’s 8 and he got referred to a month back as the specky kid by another kid, I nearly lost it not with the kid but the parents, I get it especially at that age but fucking howay man, give this shit up and jog the fuck on.

I once heard a lass  refer to my youngest as a darkie kid when he was playing footy, he was 5 at the time, she actually said that darkie kid is a canny player. Her son was in goal, a fat kid wearing glasses, I said how would you react if I said that fat specky kid in goal was decent man.

It’s not just about race, it’s about everything in between too which can be the most damaging to a person and certainly to how we evolve as a race of people, as humans. Well done wor Demba anyway  :love:

Klopp is playing Salah and Jota. Mane, Wijnaldum, Firmino, Henderson, Matip all travelled and on the bench.

What a joker.  :lol:

Moaning non-stop about the time between games, and not being allowed 5 subs, and he plays Salah and Jota in a total dead rubber. Top spot secured, Midtjylland can't finish 3rd.  :lol:

Efan Ekoku is a low key very decent co-comms.

He's great. Used to be on the world feed for Premier League games all the time around the early- to mid-2010s. Easily one of the best then. Hadn't heard him for a while until earlier this year but it's refreshing to have him back.

Efan Ekoku is a low key very decent co-comms.

Knows his stuff, that’s why he’s so good - Don Hutchinson isn’t bad either - does a lot of European games and knows his players

Shame his accent is atrocious