Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Please explain how it is?

We were in moon 50 years ago, VAR isn't drawing the lines manually and the camera angle doesn't matter.

The camera is probably suitably placed to determine where the lines go, but is it in the right place/does it have a frame rate quick enough to determine whether or not the ball has been played yet? Is the call made from when the passer makes contact with the ball or the nano-second afterwards when it leaves his boot? What has changed in that time at the other end, ie is Chilwell's shoulder/sleeve in a different position? 

IMO, the fact we're so much as asking questions like the above, or having debates about sleeves and advantage and body parts, only proves that the rule is now being overzealously applied, thanks to the ridiculously high standards of VAR. Standards that are measured with potentially unreliable devices. 

Can't help but feel that any team being denied that goal yesterday should rightfully be fuming, and it's a shame that the daftness of it - and the opportunity to really expose VAR again for its ills, given the significance of the occasion - was missed due to the distraction of Leicester's brilliant win. I dunno if it's just because of my generally poisoned outlook towards football now, but if that was us lifting the trophy, I might feel that the shine had been taken off due to the opponent wrongfully having had a goal chalked off. Aye mistakes happen and normally you take them when they go your way - no fuss, but they're a lot harder to put to one side when it's via such an imposition, rather a lino missing half a beat and no one else noticing until the second or third replay, like back in the good old days. 

The "stupid" thing why VAR can't possibly be that accurate is judging the exact time the ball leaves the players foot.

#shit, new page and worse  post wanker than the previous one seconds earlier#

Edited by Ben

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

To think Vardy could have pissed it all away after Leicester’s title win by going to Arsenal as well. Would have probably been at a lesser Premier League club or the Championship if he’d left. Love that he’s stayed there.

Fucking love Vardy like, absolutely incredible player and some mentality to achieve what he has. 

Guest HTT II

Delighted for Leicester, a proper top 6 club. Chelsea can go and fuck themselves, I hope they get smashed against City in the CL as well.

Guest HTT II
Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I hope they cling on to top 4 now.

Aye definitely, same here. 

49 minutes ago, Pata said:

We were in moon 50 years ago, VAR isn't drawing the lines manually and the camera angle doesn't matter.

VAR uses five cameras for offsides, it’s impossible to get a definitive perfect angle to conclusively make a decision unless the camera (which is used to draw the lines) is exactly in line. They’re drawing the lines using the best possible can really angle, not the exact one.

I’ll go back to the original point, VAR is trying to judge things exact, when it’s impossible to do so due to a variety of reasons (including not getting the exact moment the ball is played and camera angle).

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

It's obvious by the eighteen yard line he's off.

I find it bewildering this one has provoked such discussion when it's so easy to see he's offside. There's been at least a dozen this season where you don't know what the decision is going to be while they're messing about with the lines, like the Mane one I posted. This one was obvious with the naked eye from the moment they put the first freeze frame up. 

Magnitude of the occasion I suppose but to me it was an example of a system I hate actually working. :lol:

1 hour ago, Fantail Breeze said:

If we have to deal with VAR, they should look at it without lines and unless it’s clearly offside to the naked eye - the original decision should stand. 

I completely agree with you and this was.

Just now, astraguy said:

I wonder what Chelsea will do if they don't win the cl or make the top 4.sack or back 

Tuesday is a massive game for them now. Will be interesting to see how Leicester play, they’ll inevitably have been celebrating last night but can’t really rotate and have a huge game in two days.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Not sure how it can be ‘obvious that he’s off’ when the lines were about 2mm apart :lol:

The gap between the lines where you can see grass is a pretty big giveaway.

Chilwell is level with the edge of the area and Soyuncu has daylight/grass/whatever you want to call it between him and it.

9 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I completely agree with you and this was.

I reckon if they insist on this shite they should use the same technology, but have the lines 'wider' to estimate the inaccuracies of the technology, then if both these lines touch each other then the original on pitch call stands as it can't be an obvious error.

Just now, Jimburst said:

I reckon if they insist on this shite they should use the same technology, but have the lines 'wider' to estimate the inaccuracies of the technology, then if both these lines touch each other then the original on pitch call stands as it can't be an obvious error.

I believe, though stand to be corrected, that's the system used in the Netherlands.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

This is where I think the offside law is crap. I reckon it should be a goal if part is onside. That should be a goal to me but in the current rules, it’s off. Start the lines from Chilwell’s right heel and Soyuncu’s right shoulder.

Totally agree. Like I say daylight should be where offside starts. I want to see more goals. Simple.