Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

My mate is a mad Brentford fan and says the owner is a famous gambler (Tony bloom?) and he makes his money by winning bets using a state of the art stats algorithm. This is also how he finds players for the club, not big names but statistically very very good with consistency and form. 

Pretty impressive. It's clearly working. 

Edited by Scotty66

I've always favoured a newcomer or a club who haven't been in the  PL for any play off finals so I'm.glad Brentford are winning here. They have a new ground but would have been nice if they were still at their proper old school and traditional old ground Griffin Park. No complaints though if they do come  through today.

Edited by nufcjb

19 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

My mate is a mad Brentford fan and says the owner is a famous gambler (Tony bloom?) and he makes his money by winning bets using a state of the art stats algorithm.

Ah another football club owner with a proprietary betting system making them incredibly wealthy. Fit and proper test will be applied I'm sure.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It was really unlucky TBH, but also not sure why he was running into the guy from behind at all.

Doubt it would have affected the game anyway. 

Just caught in stride looked like.

We've been bad today, set up wrong from the start. The unfortunate thing we threw away auto promotion by going out to play in fear rather go for wins since the new year.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ah another football club owner with a proprietary betting system making them incredibly wealthy. Fit and proper test will be applied I'm sure.

I’ve posted this video a few times but here’s a Ted talk from one of their owners who also owns fc Midtyland.

it’s actually not really to do with football  but more to do with what he calls outcome bias in business, but he actually uses our 5th placed season under Pardew as an example of how you can think you’re doing really well because you’re getting positive outcomes when in fact you’ve just been lucky

he’s very knowledgeable about football. I’d love it if he owned us.

might want to slow it down to 0.75

1 hour ago, Groo said:

Just caught in stride looked like.

We've been bad today, set up wrong from the start. The unfortunate thing we threw away auto promotion by going out to play in fear rather go for wins since the new year.

Was that a one off poor performance or has it been the case across the season? Considering the importance of the fixture you were completely toothless. Was really surprised.