Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Ben said:

I thought Man U played with the shackles on last night, its how I think England will play this summer, no commitment to attack and with a midfield that sits to deep  relying on great players performing on the day.

Tbf both manyoo and inglund have shite midfields :lol:

Attacking players in abundance but not the players behind them to make it work.  If Southgate had any bollocks he'd go full Pep and just try to kill teams with possession playing Grealish and the lot of them, leave Rice to try and defend with a back 4.

12 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Tbf both manyoo and inglund have shite midfields :lol:

Attacking players in abundance but not the players behind them to make it work.  If Southgate had any bollocks he'd go full Pep and just try to kill teams with possession playing Grealish and the lot of them, leave Rice to try and defend with a back 4.

Southgate isn't Pep Guardiola. :lol: That would end in disaster.

13 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Southgate isn't Pep Guardiola. :lol: That would end in disaster.

Instead of a whimper, good I'm all in.

back 5

greal rice mount

sanco (or whoever) kane foden

that'll beat most of the shite in the euros hands down just by being better than them, would rather take my chances it works against the better teams than play safe like we do every fucking time and still fail

4 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

back 5

greal rice mount

that'll beat most of the shite in the euros hands down just by being better than them, would rather take my chances it works against the better teams than play safe like we do every fucking time and still fail

But you need to shoehorn Henderson in because he’s Henderson and plays for Liverpool.

5 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

back 5

greal rice mount

That’d be my front 6 I think, depending on the opposition might need to sacrifice Grealish or Sancho for Henderson or even Bellingham. 6 months ago it’s have been Ward-Prowse for me but not sure what his form’s been like when Southampton turned to shit.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

That’d be my front 6 I think, depending on the opposition might need to sacrifice Grealish or Sancho for Henderson.

Maybe, maybe.  I think you'd have to see how the system worked and decide but I'd be tempted to let it play out myself, that front 6 could beat anyone on the planet on their day, why should we make the assumption that their day won't be the day we need it?  It's why we're perennial bottle-jobs.

A couple of years back, we had very few players who were decent on the ball, but Rice and Phillips have come on a lot as DMs this year. You could play Mount beside one or the other and if you wanted to be more offensive.

9 hours ago, Kaizero said:

He'll be having the time of his life with these reactions, he's fishing in a barrel filled with fish :lol: 

Just throwing it out there, but perhaps other posters are enjoying the reactions they are getting from him? Suppose it just depends which way you want to look at it?

I've actually come around to the thinking that Ole is better than people originally thought, but it's sweet watching him bottle the final, I can't disguise that.

@Froggy if ole gets the boot would you like to see the club appoint another club legend? I never saw ole lastings this long in all honestly given his record at other clubs so fair do's. But Steve Bruce has tons of experience knows the club inside out and Gary/Ole/Keane love his style 

3 minutes ago, astraguy said:

@Froggy if ole gets the boot would you like to see the club appoint another club legend? I never saw ole lastings this long in all honestly given his record at other clubs so fair do's. But Steve Bruce has tons of experience knows the club inside out and Gary/Ole/Keane love his style 

Wishful thiniing

5 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Just throwing it out there, but perhaps other posters are enjoying the reactions they are getting from him? Suppose it just depends which way you want to look at it?

I've actually come around to the thinking that Ole is better than people originally thought, but it's sweet watching him bottle the final, I can't disguise that.

Nah, that's the beauty of it. They think they're riling him up, yet are in fact riling themselves more and more up. Obviously doesn't count for everyone but you can clearly spot the ones Froggy succeed with :lol: 

4 hours ago, astraguy said:

Wait, what? This is fishing, right? You got a bite if so. 

18 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

OGS is still clearly learning his trade as a manger. Man United could do far better, but he's not been the disaster I thought he would be.

Tempted to agree, I'm not convinced he's got what it takes to progress them where they want to go but until they get a competent and competitive central midfield and help for Maguire it's hard to judge.  Rest of the squad is decent but that's two big areas where they're short.

I think we can use our own useless cretin as an example that given the right resources the manager doesn't have to be a world beater for the team to simply exist. Moving on to the next level requires a bit more though.

At one time I didn’t mind too much any English team winning the European trophies. Now though I get great satisfaction in seeing them (the super league 6) all lose and when there is two of these teams in the final it comes down to which one I dislike the most. Is it jealousy, bitterness or the fact that the league, media and tv channels kiss their arses and actively make it that no other club exists. Fuck them and a belated well done to Villarreal last night.

Edited by et tu brute