Other games (2021/22)

Yorkie

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Aye not at all. They desperately missed that pace to break the line and offer any kind of positive option for Pogba who had a lot of the ball and a lot of time. They had fuck all in them to break them down and get in by passing through them. 

Pogba was anonymous as usual... 

5 minutes ago, HTT II said:
8 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Aye not at all. They desperately missed that pace to break the line and offer any kind of positive option for Pogba who had a lot of the ball and a lot of time. They had fuck all in them to break them down and get in by passing through them. 

Pogba was anonymous as usual... 

He had fuck all options to be fair to him. Seemingly he was told to get the ball just before or on the half way line and pick a pass to start a move. But he was only able to pass in front of him, and no one in front of him could break them down. No one tried to make a run behind the line for a ball over the top to then get bodies in the middle. It's all they needed to do. Instead the passed their way in to a brick wall. They didn;t even use that opportunity to put diagonal balls in to the box to cause some confusion or get Cavani on the end of. Baffling performance by the whole team tbf.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

This is pretty self explanatory, right? We should be playing Foden and Sancho either side of Kane, right? 

At this stage aye that's probably the best front 3. Rashford will still have his uses coming on as an impact player as his pace is second to none. But for Man Uniteds sake I wish he just didn't play in the Euros at all. 

Guest neesy111
Just now, Froggy said:

He's been shite for ages. Carrying and injury. His pace still allows him opportunities but he needs a big rest. 

He shouldn't be starting for England at the euros. 

Yeah, I can't remember the last good game he had.

11 minutes ago, Disco said:

Rashford doesn’t look fit to me, looked absolutely petrified to have a run at a fairly full back and use himself change of pace. All the Man Utd players looked scared first half mind, particularly of losing the ball and not keeping it safe. Mad when the Villarreal keeper ain’t great. Played right into their hands too.

He hasn't been fully fit in months. We just don't have good options to replace him. Martial has been woefully out of form and Dan James is a championship footballer. The Sancho signing would add serious depth and quality to the squad. 

Ole not making any subs until late tonight is poor, but it also shows his complete lack of trust with the backup players. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

He had fuck all options to be fair to him. Seemingly he was told to get the ball just before or on the half way line and pick a pass to start a move. But he was only able to pass in front of him, and no one in front of him could break them down. No one tried to make a run behind the line for a ball over the top to then get bodies in the middle. It's all they needed to do. Instead the passed their way in to a brick wall. They didn;t even use that opportunity to put diagonal balls in to the box to cause some confusion or get Cavani on the end of. Baffling performance by the whole team tbf.

I do agree, I just thought he shied away from a lot of responsibility a lot which is his stamp these days, the biggest con job was Fernandez, however, so overrated honestly!

1 minute ago, neesy111 said:

Yeah, I can't remember the last good game he had.

He's still scored and grabbed a few assists, but he hasn't played great since before Christmas. 

Just now, HTT II said:

I do agree, I just thought he shied away from a lot of responsibility a lot which is his stamp these days, the biggest con job was Fernandez, however, so overrated honestly!

Bruno Fernandes is the biggest con job since Yorkshire pudding pizzas. 

8 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

On their forum they are all like 4 years without a trophy just isn't good enough.

Poor little lambs.

But on other forums we're being told to sack our manager because we haven't won a trophy in years. It's a hard knock life. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, Froggy said:

Bruno Fernandes is the biggest con job since Yorkshire pudding pizzas. 

In big big big games, they were saying he’s been the second most influential signing since Cantona FFS, sorry, but Eric fucking changed the whole dynamic of that team and era and with massive success, Fernandez, he’s a top player, but not world class. He went missing tonight you have to admit, 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He hasn't been fully fit in months. We just don't have good options to replace him. Martial has been woefully out of form and Dan James is a championship footballer. The Sancho signing would add serious depth and quality to the squad. 

Ole not making any subs until late tonight is poor, but it also shows his complete lack of trust with the backup players. 

Got to hold the manager responsible for that.

Yes James is a level down compared to Rashwood but at least he’d knock it and run which is where the former both got their limited success from. Wasn’t like either were doing well or Villarreal looked like scoring again.

If you sign Sancho and a midfielder it should be boom or bust for Solskjaer. No hiding ground.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

But on other forums we're being told to sack our manager because we haven't won a trophy in years. It's a hard knock life. 

Which forums?

I'm glad you have Ole and the fans love him because though he has improved a bit, he still hasn't won a trophy and better managers could get a better tune from that squad.

So from a hating Man Utd point of view, i hope he stays as long as possible.

On a side note, this format BT and Sky are using of having ex players not doing punditry but actually supporting their former teams is massively disrespectful to the other team, last night was just ManUTV. Sky are the same with Carra and Neville screaming when their team score, more evidence that the big 6 have a total strangle hold on the English game.

6 hours ago, Disco said:

Got to hold the manager responsible for that.

Yes James is a level down compared to Rashwood but at least he’d knock it and run which is where the former both got their limited success from. Wasn’t like either were doing well or Villarreal looked like scoring again.

If you sign Sancho and a midfielder it should be boom or bust for Solskjaer. No hiding ground.

Oh we do. It's boom or bust for Ole anyway next season. He's had his time. We need trophies now or at least a challenge on all fronts. 12 points behind won't cut it next season, but this season was progress once again.

Get in Villarreal. 

Can’t stand Man Utd, even if they were playing the Jimmy Savile Celebrity Nonce XI I’d still want them to lose.

Sorry Froggy, you seem like a canny lad but I despise your club. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

5 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Get in Villarreal. 

Can’t stand Man Utd, even if they were playing the Jimmy Savile Celebrity Nonce XI I’d still want them to lose.

Sorry Froggy, you seem like a canny lad but I despise your club. 

:lol: You're well within your rights to. Doesn't bother me at all. I would be a little bit worried if anyone except Man United's didn't want Villarreal to win that.

Anyway, on reflection:

The importance of Maguire can't be understated. He has had his wobbly moments over the last couple of years but for the last 6 months or so he has a giant in defence for us. The games he has been unable to play our defending has been Championship standard and has been brutally exposed. Right wing isn't the priority anymore, centre back is. Bailly and Lindelof are OK when partnered with a leader like Maguire, but together they are a joke. 

Ole's game management has been under scrutiny for a while and the evidence is clear he needs to work on it. Tactics I generally think he gets spot on, but some of his decisions over subs has been baffling this season. It's one things to not trust your bench, but you can't expect players who've already played 50-60 games to be as effective after 100 minutes. Rashford was shocking anyway, but became completely non-existent when they freshened up their full backs. After they made 5 subs, they started controlling the game, and that was to do with fitness and fitness alone. It was almost like Ole was afraid to make a change after dominating the second half. In extra time the tenacity was completely gone and we seemed happy to play for pens, which is ridiculous given how superior we were/are to Villarreal.

De Gea? Do me a favour. 375k a week and had the worst penalty performance I've ever seen. He doesn't even commit to the dive. He just flops to one side. Embarrassing.

We don't deserve Cavani. A 34 year old who hadn't played football in 6 months before we signed him was showing the most desire on the pitch. If it wasn't for him and McTominay we'd have had a team full of 2/10's.

It would have been nice to win a trophy, but at least our champions league qualification wasn't riding on that. Would have been beyond angry if it had.

7 hours ago, neesy111 said:

That pen shoot out though... Top quality, even de geas pen wasn't that bad.

Even defenders were pinging them top corner. Surprised at the high quality of them.

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Anyway, on reflection:

The importance of Maguire can't be understated. He has had his wobbly moments over the last couple of years but for the last 6 months or so he has a giant in defence for us. The games he has been unable to play our defending has been Championship standard and has been brutally exposed. Right wing isn't the priority anymore, centre back is. Bailly and Lindelof are OK when partnered with a leader like Maguire, but together they are a joke. 

Ole's game management has been under scrutiny for a while and the evidence is clear he needs to work on it. Tactics I generally think he gets spot on, but some of his decisions over subs has been baffling this season. It's one things to not trust your bench, but you can't expect players who've already played 50-60 games to be as effective after 100 minutes. Rashford was shocking anyway, but became completely non-existent when they freshened up their full backs. After they made 5 subs, they started controlling the game, and that was to do with fitness and fitness alone. It was almost like Ole was afraid to make a change after dominating the second half. In extra time the tenacity was completely gone and we seemed happy to play for pens, which is ridiculous given how superior we were/are to Villarreal.

De Gea? Do me a favour. 375k a week and had the worst penalty performance I've ever seen. He doesn't even commit to the dive. He just flops to one side. Embarrassing.

We don't deserve Cavani. A 34 year old who hadn't played football in 6 months before we signed him was showing the most desire on the pitch. If it wasn't for him and McTominay we'd have had a team full of 2/10's.

It would have been nice to win a trophy, but at least our champions league qualification wasn't riding on that. Would have been beyond angry if it had.

I thought your defence was alright on the night on the whole. Seemed the inability to turn possession and dominance in to goals was the fatal blow. You're right about the right wing, you just avoided it. Seemed all night the threat was Shaw and Rashford on the left, and Cavani in the box alone. Fernandes was quiet, didn't really feel he did enough and similar with Pogba, seemed to be deep and not really fussed about winning it. Rashford should have scored his golden moment. Greenwood seemed a bit out of ideas and impotent too.

Credit to Villarreal, they defended very well and made it hard in the final 3rd. They intercepted and cleared a lot of things. Just seemed Cavani was the only player that had the ability and confidence to do damage for Man Utd. There wasnt enough hunger, ideas or quality from the rest to kill the game.

I thought Man U played with the shackles on last night, its how I think England will play this summer, no commitment to attack and with a midfield that sits to deep  relying on great players performing on the day.