Crystal Palace 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 27/11/20 - Post match from page 17

BlueStar

Yeah, what Shearer said was OK, but at the same time there's a lot that goes unsaid. The avoidance of criticising Bruce is definitely there.

If he said 'Bruce is bad, there has been no plan or tactics at all, but Ashley is the real problem', it would be more honest and more worthy of respect.

Bit harsh calling your mate shit, mind :lol:

Well, don’t work as a pundit if you have conflicts of interest.

He's not going to set about his mate on live TV, can't expect much different there. People saying "fuck off Al" etc need to get a grip.

Nah that's pathetic. It's Steve Bruce ffs, managing us in 2020. Call it what it is.

People have such low expectations of football punditry. You’re meant to be there to add some expertise, to give the fans an insight into something they might not know about. If you can’t honestly analyse what’s happening you shouldn’t be doing it.

Plenty worse examples than Shearer of course, it’s not personal to him.

Yeah, what Shearer said was OK, but at the same time there's a lot that goes unsaid. The avoidance of criticising Bruce is definitely there.

If he said 'Bruce is bad, there has been no plan or tactics at all, but Ashley is the real problem', it would be more honest and more worthy of respect.

I think he could and should go in a bit harder on him. Choose his words carefully. I just don’t expect him to say Bruce is ‘bad’ as you put it. Can’t really think of any prominent pundit or journo that has properly got stuck into him? That’s the problem with the whole old boys network.

Pretty much every match punditry team has a conflict of interest by design as it makes for both relatability and entertainment.

The alternative design is ones that can actually add value by giving decent opinions and adding tactical insights.

Do away with it all like a lot of the foreign feeds do. It’s just a device to keep the football fraternity in work for those to lazy, shit or ambivalent about management.

I really miss the days of Alan Hansen on MOTD. He wasn't always right, but at least he wasn't scared to give an opinion, and by that I mean a genuine opinion, not trolling patter like your Robbie Savages and co.

True Faith podcast if fucking AIDS, people giving credit to Bruce and saying what a good win it is. Purely fucking result based, we were utter shite for 87 minutes ffs. Then you add fucking Penn on there, the utter utter twat. Sounds like such a smug cunt, he's the absolute fucking worst. Think I might hate him just as much as Ashley these days.

I really miss the days of Alan Hansen on MOTD. He wasn't always right, but at least he wasn't scared to give an opinion, and by that I mean a genuine opinion, not trolling patter like your Robbie Savages and co.

Aye. He had something about him. Savage is thick as pig shit

Quite surprised given they absolutely slaughtered him before the match.

They’ll blow which ever way the wind (and money being made to feather their own nests and further their own aspirations) is strongest. Hence why they infest NUST all of a sudden.

They’re professional, which is half decent compared to Mick Martin and isn’t hard, but they’re dubious at best when it comes to leading fan discussion and manipulation.

What platform has the smallest delay for Amazon Prime by the way? I was watching ‘live’ via Virgin Media TiVo box and I was getting texts saying 2-0 as the first goal had went in. Big issue if they’re serious about getting in to live sport.

I saw 2-0 on here just as the first one went in 😂

What platform has the smallest delay for Amazon Prime by the way? I was watching ‘live’ via Virgin Media TiVo box and I was getting texts saying 2-0 as the first goal had went in. Big issue if they’re serious about getting in to live sport.

Yeah I can't take them seriously until they fix that. Already get a sinking feeling when I see our games scheduled on Amazon rather than Sky.