Newcastle United 1-1 Fulham - 19/12/2020 - post match pg15 onwards

Disco

players just walking around. just no concept of pass and move.

at least there was some urgency from the likes of miggy and yedlin even if the end product was shite.

just so many backward passes or slow lobs forward.

miggy is not a winger - much better when he was central.

"NO EFFORTS ON GOAL IN 30 MINUTES AGAINST A TEAM IN  THE BOTTOM THREE WHO WERE DOWN TO 10 MEN, STEVE. WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?" asked no pundit or reporter after todays game.

Guest neesy111

Sourness man, just watched that pile of s**** and said Newcastle fans should be happy with the job Steve Bruce is doing

That's because he's a sour cunt.  We found him out as a manager.

Lee Ryder

Newcastle United flunked at St James' Park and failed to beat a side threatened by relegation.

Without a shadow of doubt, the Magpies would have been booed and jeered off the field after being intimidated by a newly promoted side for the second time in four days.

Incredibly, the Magpies opted to park the bus against a Fulham side that had conceded 22 goals this season and won just twice.

And the tactical mishap by Steve Bruce cost Newcastle two important points as the Cottagers held on for a draw.

The football is regressing so quickly now, it’s embarrassing. Bruce is lucky that their are no fans allowed in the ground, otherwise even the happy clappers would have turned on him by now. It’s probably the worst and most insipid football I’ve watched in my near 40 years of watching NUFC.

We are facing some real hidings over Xmas/New year after Brentford dump us out of the league cup.

Lee Ryder

Newcastle United flunked at St James' Park and failed to beat a side threatened by relegation.

Without a shadow of doubt, the Magpies would have been booed and jeered off the field after being intimidated by a newly promoted side for the second time in four days.

Incredibly, the Magpies opted to park the bus against a Fulham side that had conceded 22 goals this season and won just twice.

And the tactical mishap by Steve Bruce cost Newcastle two important points as the Cottagers held on for a draw.

Surely you have to have some tactics, to complete a tactical mishap ? I think Ryder has given him to much credit here.

We were very slow in attack. Almiron has genuine pace, Wilson is not bad in that respect, but Joelinton, Longstaff, Ritchie, Hayden and Shelvey are all slow.

We don't seem to have a central midfielder who is nimble enough to switch the direction of the attack easily. They seem to play the way they're facing because if they try to turn, they risk losing the ball - as happens a bit with Longstaff.

Young Matty seems to have disappeared without trace. I can remember only one sub appearance this season, and he really struggled. But he's a player who can switch direction.

And PS - I thought we improved a lot when Fraser came on. He has that pace that we generally lacked.

What a pile of stinkin putrid brown stuff yesterday. Worst I have seen us play since the king was on the throne.

Tactics and the way we play is schoolboy at best. With shelvey and longstiff ambling back to pick up the ball, looking in front of them to make 60 yerd passes all of the time, losing the ball in ten seconds flat and repeating ad nauseum... ffs!  Nobody moving, no one twos, no triangles and movement of the team as a block together... utter dogshap!

Only players to come out with a degree of respect yesterday were miggs for his effort and wilson for being our only real football player on the pitch.

Clark: unable to play above leagje one for me.

Feddy: decent but just at that

Yedlin: dont think he made a cross all afternoon. Gets up the pitch then chickens out

Dummet: championship at best. Can defend but slow and doesnt add anything goi g forward

Richie: absolute gash yesterday. Everything he tried failed. Well out of sorts

Shelvey: veeeerrryyyy sloooowww at everything

Longstaff: must be covid fatigue? Caught with the ball loads and huffed and puffed... nowt more

Miggs: ran about a lot and was ok

Linton: ok, but nothing more

Wilson: too good for this team

This was the worst game I've seen us play since, the last time we played Fulham at home in Premier League.  :lol:

0 shots on target and was sooooooooo boring. This was a tiny bit better because of the goal, and the couple of shots we had on target.

Terrible game though.

We were very slow in attack. Almiron has genuine pace, Wilson is not bad in that respect, but Joelinton, Longstaff, Ritchie, Hayden and Shelvey are all slow.

We don't seem to have a central midfielder who is nimble enough to switch the direction of the attack easily. They seem to play the way they're facing because if they try to turn, they risk losing the ball - as happens a bit with Longstaff.

Young Matty seems to have disappeared without trace. I can remember only one sub appearance this season, and he really struggled. But he's a player who can switch direction.

And PS - I thought we improved a lot when Fraser came on. He has that pace that we generally lacked.

Shelvey is quite nimble enough to switch the direction of the attack, he does it every match. He'll get the ball and switch it from the left side to the right, and sometimes from the right side to the left. Somehow that doesn't often lead to goal scoring chances.

This was the worst game I've seen us play since, the last time we played Fulham at home in Premier League.  :lol:

0 shots on target and was sooooooooo boring. This was a tiny bit better because of the goal, and the couple of shots we had on target.

Terrible game though.

That game was horrendous, but there’s been plenty since just as bad (almost certainly worse).

Shelvey is quite nimble enough to switch the direction of the attack, he does it every match. He'll get the ball and switch it from the left side to the right, and sometimes from the right side to the left. Somehow that doesn't often lead to goal scoring chances.

Weeell - not quickly or under pressure. He usually operates from deep.