Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

A shame he's away, but I think it opens the path up for Miley a bit more who clearly has a much higher potential ceiling. The injury early last season definitely slowed his progress after that excellent pre-season and since then he's filled in and done a job rather than nailing down a place.

If this sale means we can flex our muscles and strengthen key positions then it's worthwhile, although obviously the PSR stuff stinks to high heaven and we should be able to do that anyway with him still on voyage if we wanted him to be.

Hope we get a good fee and that he can use the move to nail down a position and kick his career on at Forest. 

I think Anderson has talent but we can’t say he hasn’t had enough chances to make his mark here.

Hopefully this is the end of this PSR guff and we don’t end up in this position again. 

Agree with many on here. Not sure he was ever going to be a regular first team starter but very sad to see a local lad with obvious talent sold off cheaply without giving him more time. He would have been a dependable and positive squad player for a few seasons. Never let us down but maybe lacked the pace to really cut through. That aside, the last few days have been bleak in regards what the game represents now - it's a fucking sham and pretty depression the only way you can spend is by selling on your own young talent.

Rules made up by the few to suit the very few. The games going to shit.

Edited by Oregon_Geordie

14 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

We have to sell everyone to spend. Something is amiss.

aye. complete fuck up.

heads are gonna roll tomorrow (not literally).

dummet being brought back in to help pad out the squad.

1 minute ago, vexred said:

Sad to see him go. Hopefully this is the start of a big reshaping of the squad. If we can get rid of Longstaff, Almiron, Wilson, and Trippier, it’ll have been a successful summer.

Well yes, if we buy upgrades on Longstaff, Almiron, and Wilson. Be delighted to give Tino all the minutes he can handle.

Honestly this place does my head in.

The club spent big the first year to make sure we didn't get relegated.

The next season they bought botman, Isak, Gordon... Quality over quantity.

FFP, no related party investments, questions on players linked in and out of Saudi have all happened since the first season and nobody here or at other clubs thought it would impact everyone the way it did.

It's not shit management when the rules are being written as they go.. or when the previous owner has cleared out all the family jewellery and left you with no one to bloody sell.

Minteh is our second highest sale behind Andy Carroll... 

We have to get used to the rules they have set us and make sure we have assets to sell to allow us to move forward

How the fuck do Forest have wiggle room to take Anderson? :lol::lol:

Fuck the fucking Premier League, man. :lol::lol:

This day is full on madness. That said, looking forward to the window opening and some other players leaving + new arrivals. Onwards and upwards!

Well shit, that's a shame. Feel like it's actually not quite as bad as Minteh in terms of potential but obviously sucks in the heart more cos he's an academy lad.

Perhaps we'll actually see what he's capable of now. 

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I think people are forgetting that we're going to be constantly buying and trying to bring up young talent. We've bought very highly rated Harrison who from all the noises about him should be pushing for the first team. Now this Pivas. Miley. We have to choose who we develop for the first team and who makes way to allow that to happen. You cant keep all the youngsters, we keep the best. We also want to buy to strengthen the first team so we're going to lose more than we keep.

I know selling good youngsters is an alien concept to us, but we should be happy we're doing that now. In the past they've languished in the reserves or out on loan forever, not good enough to play and not good enough for anyone to want to buy. We can reel off lists of "promising youngsters" that we got nothing from in terms of contribution or resale. We've pissed and moaned about not having an academy, when we get a good one good youngsters will leave, it's happened at good PL clubs for years. It's a positive its looking like its starting to happen to us. 

Mismanagement my arse. 

We’ve sold the best young player in Minteh. 

Im fine with Anderson leaving mind. Probably for the best for him too. 

I’ve been on the drink lads so excuse my French but this lad has been in and out of your first team squad since 2021 and has accomplished what most English gentlemen would refer to as absolutely fuck all, and now you can sell him for PURE PROFIT to the Greek Baron Harkonnen of Nottingham and you are throwing your toys out the pram?

no European football for you lot and Tonali coming back means little to no playing time for this lad anyway. 

it’s a good move for both him and you. 

see ya later lads. 

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We’ve sold the best young player in Minteh. 

Im fine with Anderson leaving mind. Probably for the best for him too. 

Really? You'd feel better about selling Gordon, Tino, Hall, or Miley?

Edited by gazza ladra

£10M does seem crazily low. But if there's some equally low buy back clause option in there or like 30-50% sell on clause I'd be fine with it.

It needs to be done though, he'll probably barely had playes this season with Tonali back and it means Miley can hang around and get some extra experience in the match day squad. (So that he can then be sold  in the next summer or two when we're in the same position again).

1 hour ago, Pilko said:

A shame he's away, but I think it opens the path up for Miley a bit more who clearly has a much higher potential ceiling. The injury early last season definitely slowed his progress after that excellent pre-season and since then he's filled in and done a job rather than nailing down a place.

If this sale means we can flex our muscles and strengthen key positions then it's worthwhile, although obviously the PSR stuff stinks to high heaven and we should be able to do that anyway with him still on voyage if we wanted him to be.

Hope we get a good fee and that he can use the move to nail down a position and kick his career on at Forest. 

Anderson and Miley are completely different players.

Just now, OverThere said:

Anderson and Miley are completely different players.

They are, but Anderson is always going to get picked ahead of Miley when both are fit in one of the three midfield places. I'm talking about a path to game time for Miley rather than the style of each player.

Damn. This escalated quickly. 

Have to say I'm definitely a bit sad for him. As most others have said, it hasn't looked like he has quite got "it" at this point of his career. With a few other youngsters looking like coming through and being signed to the axademy, I guess this is one hit we have to take. 

We look a bit screwed for European home grown though if we qualify next year. We have 3 right now, right? (Gillespie, Miley, Longstaff). Don't think there is anyone else eligible for that that realistically will be ready to contribute. Guess it's only one squad spot we would lose and I'm sure someone in the reserves could fill it.