Elliot Anderson (now playing for Nottingham Forest)

joeyt

Just now, McCormick said:

Ugh. I’m usually quite upbeat about transfers but this lad is pony (was shocking for Benfica). Looks like a favourable deal as a thank you for overpaying on Anderson.

It’s a quid.pro quo deal

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

Ugh. I’m usually quite upbeat about transfers but this lad is pony (was shocking for Benfica). Looks like a favourable deal as a thank you for overpaying on Anderson.

Unless we are paying £25m I guess it's ok?

Anderson - He's played his part, I like him and it's a shame to lose a local lad, but what has he done? He was never going to nail down a starting position and would just slip further away from the bench as we get better. I think this a good deal for us and him while he's still worth something.

Vlachodimos - Don't know enough about him but he's been first choice for a good European team and he's likely 3rd choice replacement for Karius so it's not really worth flapping about as I doubt we'll see much of him at all.

2 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Am I reading that Romano tweet correctly? Is he claiming Forest are paying 35m for Anderson? That's insane.

Yes but we are buying forests third choice keeper for a fee which hasn’t emerged yet. 

36 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Imagine Eddie waking up this morning to all this news. 

He’ll just be waiting for the phone call from the FA when England get knocked out of the Euros later. 

I am lost with this comment. This is clearly a PSR driven deal.

PSR headroom is one of the most important assets this club can buy. View this deal in that context. 

10 minutes ago, Menace said:

So we've basically swapped Anderson for Bruno in terms of costs?

That's insane.

If you think selling Anderson for 35m is insane goodness knows what you’ll think of the fee being forked out for this goalkeeper…

1 hour ago, Bunk Moreland said:

Forest fans don't seem to rate him but he appears to have been Benfica's starting keeper until last season. Can he really be that bad?

In fairness Forest’s first choice keeper is the worst keeper I’ve ever seen for Newcastle and I’ve seen Mike Hooper & Jack Anwick. So he must be pretty shit

Edited by gdm