Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Well, the results went for Elliot and our gas friends today. Salford 2 Mansfield 2, then Port Vale 1 Newport 2, meaning that Rovers are ahead of both Mansfield and Port Vale heading into the final day, and if they win at home to relegated Scunthorpe, they don't need worry about those two.

3) Northampton, 77 points, + 20

------------------------------------------------------

4) Bristol Rovers, 77 points, + 15 (plus goals scored advantage)

Northampton are away to lowly, but safe, Barrow. It's a shame the GD wasn't slightly closer because if Northampton won by 1 goal, you could maybe see Rovers winning by 3 or 4, but to win 6-0 or 7-0 is less realistic. Still, they just need to win their match, and see where it takes them. A couple of early goals won't harm them.

Port Vale were odds on for automatic a few weeks ago, but after 3 straight defeats, they may well miss out on the playoffs altogether now with title chasing Exeter away their last match,

21 hours ago, Paullow said:

Well, the results went for Elliot and our gas friends today. Salford 2 Mansfield 2, then Port Vale 1 Newport 2, meaning that Rovers are ahead of both Mansfield and Port Vale heading into the final day, and if they win at home to relegated Scunthorpe, they don't need worry about those two.

3) Northampton, 77 points, + 20

------------------------------------------------------

4) Bristol Rovers, 77 points, + 15 (plus goals scored advantage)

Northampton are away to lowly, but safe, Barrow. It's a shame the GD wasn't slightly closer because if Northampton won by 1 goal, you could maybe see Rovers winning by 3 or 4, but to win 6-0 or 7-0 is less realistic. Still, they just need to win their match, and see where it takes them. A couple of early goals won't harm them.

Port Vale were odds on for automatic a few weeks ago, but after 3 straight defeats, they may well miss out on the playoffs altogether now with title chasing Exeter away their last match,

As the Dad of a football analyst I took a leaf out of my lads book today and had a closer look at Barrows home form against the current top 7, they have lost twice at home in those 7 games.

Phil Brown can become a gas legend if he can motivate his players to at least a draw on Saturday, in the same way that Dean Windass did scoring for Hull and preventing our neighbours reaching the premier league. 

It's all a bit weird as last time we got promoted from league two it was against Dagenham & Redbridge, a team at the bottom of the league and Accy Stanley above us choked it on the final day and we snuck in through the back door so to speak, with Stanley heavily backed to gain promotion in the previous weeks.

After the 98 minutes of drama at Rochdale on Saturday not sure how much more this ticker can take, for anyone who likes a little bet on the weekend, putting a couple of quid on Billy getting the final say may be worth a punt.   

One thing is for sure, the moment Elliot Anderson arrived in BS7 our season went from obscurity to guaranteed play offs and possible 3rd spot, and it's been a real pleasure to witness his ability and talent in our colours.

No doubting he returns to St James's a better player for this experience, he's a Gas legend for life now.

Edited by North Somerset Gas

Let's just hope our Geordie Sensation (Billy) is celebrating his first promotion for Bristol Rovers on this coming Saturday about 5pm.......🕔 

If it wasn't for Newcastle United we wouldn't be where we are now! 

Appreciate this lads, so much

UP THE GAS & UP THE TOON

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

Let's just hope our Geordie Sensation (Billy) is celebrating his first promotion for Bristol Rovers on this coming Saturday about 5pm.......🕔 

UP THE GAS & UP THE TOON

Rooting for yous!

15 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

UP THE GAS & UP THE TOON

Mag.

12 minutes ago, Gashead 73 said:

UP THE GAS & UP THE TOON

I love that you refer to him as Billy Elliot :aww: 

It's wonderful to see one of our own go away on loan and gain such favour with the supporters through his contribution. Hopefully he can stay with Rovers next season as I believe that supportive environment and how integral he has become to the team is fantastic for his development.

That said, I'd be very interested to see what he could do in a Championship team.

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Fatty wants him at Albion next season according to Mark Douglas, fuuuuuck that.

This is bad news because I can actually see him going there if Bruce wants him. Shola connection and all that. I’d honestly be tempted to give him another season in league two, over sending him to that tub of lard 

Just now, Rafalove said:

This is bad news because I can actually see him going there if Bruce wants him. Shola connection and all that. I’d honestly be tempted to give him another season in league two, over sending him to that tub of lard 

I'd rather break his legs and tear up his contract than send him there.

If I could put a fiver on him being in our squad on the opening matchday PL fixture next season, I would. If it turns out he's not quite there yet after a few sub appearances, he can still go on loan somewhere up until the end of August.

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

No way mate. Would result in Shola's immediate firing. The new club is not the old club :)

It would be awful if he did end up there. Aside from the 'tactics', fitness, and general regression, since the end of Jan / start of Feb, there will have been a lot of Newcastle fans looking out for Bristol Rovers and WBAs results, positively and negatively respectively, whereas a week prior neither club would have been on radars, so if he did go there it would be that weird feeling of wanting him to do well, but not too well, haha. 

Hopefully it doesn't happen, and there are a lot of legit sound alternatives. I'd possibly even prefer he ended up at Sunderland.

Edited by Paullow

Today could be Billy's last appearance in the quarters.

It's a strange feeling wanting it to be his last game for us as that spells a promotion party and the buses rerouted of Gloucester Rd for a big p1ss up!

Come on Barrow you can get a point against that rugby side.

Still thinking that Elliot will have a big say today or if we don't do it then he has 2 or 3 games to make an even bigger impression.

Whatever the outcome this lad will always be well thought of at Bristols orginal and finest FC.

Time to get up the M5, get the ale on board, make some noise and hopefully party time.

Up the Gas and Howay the lads!

Been popping over here regularly to read the interactions between the Gas posters and the Mags. Nothing more to add about his performances on the pitch, as mentioned by others he has been superb for us and I especially love how much effort he puts it for the team despite just being a loaner. Whether he is ready for game time for you guys next season remains to be seen, but he has bags of potential and from what we have seen week after week, i'd be amazed if he didnt have a serious future in the game. Suspect that if our season ends today (and hopefully it will) it may be the last time we see Billy in the quarters, but I can say for sure that regardless, he's developed a fan club of Gasheads who will now follow his career closely and cheer every goal and achievement. He has been a massive part of the turnaround at the club over the past few months, bringing a bit of excitement and passion back to the terraces, and I think that legacy will remain after he comes back to the toon for the next step in his career. Its been a brilliant loan which I think has worked out for everyone - It rarely works out that way. Very geateful to NUFC for taking a chance and letting us have him for half a season. All the best guys, and HTL.

17 minutes ago, BumbleGas said:

Been popping over here regularly to read the interactions between the Gas posters and the Mags. Nothing more to add about his performances on the pitch, as mentioned by others he has been superb for us and I especially love how much effort he puts it for the team despite just being a loaner. Whether he is ready for game time for you guys next season remains to be seen, but he has bags of potential and from what we have seen week after week, i'd be amazed if he didnt have a serious future in the game. Suspect that if our season ends today (and hopefully it will) it may be the last time we see Billy in the quarters, but I can say for sure that regardless, he's developed a fan club of Gasheads who will now follow his career closely and cheer every goal and achievement. He has been a massive part of the turnaround at the club over the past few months, bringing a bit of excitement and passion back to the terraces, and I think that legacy will remain after he comes back to the toon for the next step in his career. Its been a brilliant loan which I think has worked out for everyone - It rarely works out that way. Very geateful to NUFC for taking a chance and letting us have him for half a season. All the best guys, and HTL.

I'ts been humbling to be honest, to read such heartfelt messages from fans of another club. We don't get many young-player loans incoming to Newcastle, so it's hard for me to guage what the experience must be like to have so many young players just turn up for a few months or half a season and just disappear all the time, knowing that they won't be staying. Last ones I can actually recall are Saha and Rossi.

The way you guys are describing Billy (thank you for coigning that as well!), it's almost like he's the second coming of Beardsley or Gascoigne with the way he controls a football. I think I might have jumped on the bandwagon more than most, as I'm advocating for him to be given a run in the first team squad in August, during which he can be fully assessed after a pre-season here and some substitutes appearances before deciding whether to loan him out again.

If he doesn't end up back at yous for next season, best of luck. I think more than a few of us might be keeping an eye out for how the Gas are doing now.

1 hour ago, North Somerset Gas said:

Today could be Billy's last appearance in the quarters.

It's a strange feeling wanting it to be his last game for us as that spells a promotion party and the buses rerouted of Gloucester Rd for a big p1ss up!

Come on Barrow you can get a point against that rugby side.

Still thinking that Elliot will have a big say today or if we don't do it then he has 2 or 3 games to make an even bigger impression.

Whatever the outcome this lad will always be well thought of at Bristols orginal and finest FC.

Time to get up the M5, get the ale on board, make some noise and hopefully party time.

Up the Gas and Howay the lads!

Good luck mate. UTG!