Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Loved his out to in run from the flank, shame he slipped over when through on goal.

Really promising performance. Not convinced he's got the speed for the wing but hope I'm proven wrong

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I’d still like him to go out on loan next season, preferably a high quality loan to the championship. He needs regular football 

Nah, he’ll get a few good goes this season, wouldn’t be surprised to see him ahead of Maxi

Don't feel it's that essential if we're going to be in Europe next season. Between the 2 domestic and 1 European cup competition, and however much he plays in the league, he'll get plenty of game time next season imo.

Not saying he'll be on the same level, but Saka never needed a loan. Cut his teeth in Europe and in the cups and eventually broke through into the first team. No reason Anderson can't take a similar path.

50 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I’d still like him to go out on loan next season, preferably a high quality loan to the championship. He needs regular football 

We need him more.

52 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

Only if we go out sign Diaby and Kavarodona this summer will that happen. He’s going to be a big player for us and if we’re in Europe next season we’ll need all hands to the pump.

Shame there’s a gap until the next game as it’ll reduce his chances of getting minutes but it’s by far the best he’s played for us and no coincidence it was coming on not playing in CM where IMO he looks a bit lost.

12 minutes ago, Disco said:

Shame there’s a gap until the next game as it’ll reduce his chances of getting minutes but it’s by far the best he’s played for us and no coincidence it was coming on not playing in CM where IMO he looks a bit lost.

He was dynamic there on the left,and made some good runs,looked the part. If he gets the chance to oust Maxi there that would be grand and I think he'd grab it 

So gutted for the lad. Thought the keeper dropped a clanger in real time. But watching the highlights back today. It was a brilliant header. Taken away from him by guesswork and misinterpreting the laws of the game. 

Tierney even looks confused about what he is looking at and what he’s meant to be signalling for and saying when he walks back on the pitch. 

Complete and utter farce. 

Just to add. I noticed Willock was playing really wide and looking to overlap Anderson all the while. Really worked well, the same as the Big Joe/Little Joe combo.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

He has struggled a lot with niggling injuries this season, might just be that he has a clean bill of health and is starting to play at a 100% physical level.

Huge difference for the prem performance requisites

Gotta be worth a start on the left at some point soon with Maxi and Gordon's current fitness concerns, with Murphy/Almiron competing on that right side.

From memory, I think all his starts have been by default than by design, i.e. to fill in for suspension, injury, cups rotation and so on, and  the team's always looked a bit out of sorts as a result because of the drop off in quality from the first XI.

I really want to see him with our regulars around him from the start and see how he does.

On 18/03/2023 at 15:46, Whitley mag said:

Only if we go out sign Diaby and Kavarodona this summer will that happen. He’s going to be a big player for us and if we’re in Europe next season we’ll need all hands to the pump.

What about if we sign Mbappe?

1 hour ago, Likelylad said:

I saw something from Howe talking him at CM again, he looks much more comfortable out wide. 

Ugh, don't like this at all. He was outstanding on the left on loan, he's looked his best on the left for us too. I know we're short in the middle and have lots out wide right now, but LM is definitely his position in my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at him the last couple of games when he came on he looked sharper, leaner and fitter. His football was much more composed rather than running around to impress. I'd guess that Eddie is doing some serious work with him

On 21/03/2023 at 15:56, HawK said:

Ugh, don't like this at all. He was outstanding on the left on loan, he's looked his best on the left for us too. I know we're short in the middle and have lots out wide right now, but LM is definitely his position in my opinion. 

Some players start out wide then move inside with experience, Milner, Gary Speed etc.

Great experience for him last two games. First one Howe having the belief in him to try and win the game at Forest, then putting him on at 1-0 against a top 4 side late on rather than a more experienced player like Ritchie to see the game out. Sometimes little things like this last fortnight will benefit him far more in the long run than if he was starting games and pissing it against the likes of Coventry, Sunderland, Rotherham and Hull in the league below.

3 minutes ago, jackyboy said:

Looking at him the last couple of games when he came on he looked sharper, leaner and fitter. His football was much more composed rather than running around to impress. I'd guess that Eddie is doing some serious work with him

While he didn't impact the game too much yesterday, he still seemed really tidy on the ball, more willing to get on the ball and try to impact things, played a really nice ball to Burn in the dying moments too.

5 hours ago, madras said:

Some players start out wide then move inside with experience, Milner, Gary Speed etc.

Aye but he's got a bit to go before he hits 30 odd

• 1 month later...

He’s an intriguing player.

When I compare him to our other wingers he lacks that same burst of speed. He’s clearly very technical, and at Bristol Rovers he seemed a decent finisher. If the chance to join Luton returns I’d be happy with that. There isn’t one way to develop a young player, but I don’t think sporadic cameos is going to move the needle for Anderson.

Really wish we’d given this lad more minutes this season. In almost all of his cameos he’s looked raw but he’s also had moments of real quality. He’s such a direct player and if he’d had more time I’m sure he’d have been involved in goals both scoring and creating