Elliot Anderson

joeyt

Perfect game to come on when he did. Always so positive and finds the space. Such a shame he has missed a lot of game time due to injury, as I felt he could have really pushed on this season and establish himself more in the 1st team. 

2 hours ago, gbandit said:

There’s definitely a player there. I think what’s tricky is figuring out exactly what player he is. He’s very good technically, he’s attack-minded, very strong and good at hold up play. He’s not quick though so a wing role doesn’t seem the perfect fit. I think a LCM role seems the best fit for him but could he play CM or AM? I’m not sure in all honesty because I’ve not seen enough of him. LCM isn’t a perfect fit for us unless Joelinton doesn’t stay or Willock doesn’t get back to full fitness as both are stronger players right now 

Agreed on these points -- I think he'll do well to develop a bit more patience/composure on the ball. He's relentlessly positive, but you get the sense he'll see dividends with more experience as the game slows down for him and he learns to advance play with some more control.

As @Ikon is aware, I am guilty of being overly glass half full, but amongst the piles of injuries it is exciting to have seen young talent get minute this season.

Miley, now Anderson to add to Tino, Hall and Gordon. The future is bright.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

As @Ikon is aware, I am guilty of being overly glass half full, but amongst the piles of injuries it is exciting to have seen young talent get minute this season.

Miley, now Anderson to add to Tino, Hall and Gordon. The future is bright.

I agree mate. Good times coming no matter what. 

Will judge him next year when fully recovered from back injury setback. Cant make my mind up on him still. Just have this nagging doubt about him due to lack of pace despite really wanting him to do well.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Will judge him next year when fully recovered from back injury setback. Cant make my mind up on him still. Just have this nagging doubt about him due to lack of pace despite really wanting him to do well.

Pretty much this for me. I've got Miley in the same bracket but a year or two behind.

Miley’s a bit different to Anderson though. Anderson could benefit from pace with the attacking elements of his game. Miley I think could get by without having pace as he’ll never play on the wing, his game will be a Mikel Merino type role / Cabaye / Bruno where he is receiving balls, shielding and passing rather than carrying the ball. At least that’s where I think his strengths lie, he has very good technique but he’ll mainly use to gain a yard and then spray a pass 

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Miley’s a bit different to Anderson though. Anderson could benefit from pace with the attacking elements of his game. Miley I think could get by without having pace as he’ll never play on the wing, his game will be a Mikel Merino type role / Cabaye / Bruno where he is receiving balls, shielding and passing rather than carrying the ball. At least that’s where I think his strengths lie, he has very good technique but he’ll mainly use to gain a yard and then spray a pass 

I agree. Miley is still growing so will be interesting to judge him over the next year or two if hopefully still with us and in and around the 1st team.

Anderson gives me Rooney with no pace vibes for some reason. Maybe he can morph into a Maddison style player. Next season a big year for him.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

I agree. Miley is still growing so will be interesting to judge him over the next year or two if hopefully still with us and in and around the 1st team.

Anderson gives me Rooney with no pace vibes for some reason. Maybe he can morph into a Maddison style player. Next season a big year for him.

Funny because yesterday the thought came into my head that he reminds me of Rooney. It goes without saying that he's not as good but very similar in style.

Hes built like and Ox, protects the ball very well, has a great ability to wriggle out of tight spaces and reads the game superbly.

I think he's lack of pace is overblown, he's got decent pace and a good engine.

Once he realises that he has the ability to score loads of goals from midfield he will be a real asset. He should be slightly more selfish IMO.

I didn't mean playing styles, more that when they've played there's been a silent "considering they're x yrs old",  throw Hall in there also 

Edited by madras

I was wrong about Anderson, I didn't see much in him to begin with, but his ability to take the ball on the half turn and play in tight spaces is very good.

Edited by The Prophet

He was lively and much better than a half fit Willock. Could even argue that enforced change swung the game a bit more in our favour.

Something I’ve noticed from him yesterday and in a lot of his games. It looks like he quite often wants too many touches.

I mean. It’s hard to fault him when he’s trying to beat players and make things happen. But it feels like he’s having an extra touch or two in areas where he should be moving the ball on again and then losing it when we’re in a good position. It’s pretty frustrating.  

I suppose it doesn’t help when he was regularly up against Paulinha. He must have been dispossessed by him 7-8 times. 

Wonder if he could be converted to LWB more permanently with some good coaching. It seems to fit his skillset really well

15 minutes ago, Pilko said:

He had a great first half. Love his energy and showed a bit of quality too.

His desire and physicality is exactly what we needed when our squad has been decimated.