Elliot Anderson

joeyt

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

All depends on who we get in a who leaves as to whether he should go out on loan. Which I why I suspect he's still here training with thr 1st team.

If he does go out on loan, that club needs to be picked carefully. Ideally it would be a club challenging for promotion but that's not always easy to predict.

Agree with all of this. There was even talk that the club would rather loan him to a top League One team rather than a bottom-half Championship team on the basis that he'd be better served having as much time on the ball as possible.

I'm still in the "loan him out" camp, at least until January. I just think he needs as much competitive football as possible and 90mins a tier or two down is going to help more than 20mins here and there for us.

If he bosses it at Championship/League One level and there's a place for him then bring him back in January.

As an NUFC academy product he’s probably not had a single genuinely elite coaching session in his life before this pre-season. Definitely think he’d benefit massively from at least half a season with the first team.

He's good enough to be in the squad right now tbh, the only reason to loan him out is so he gets regular football rather than sitting on our bench. Would be better to ship Murphy out on loan tbh.

30 minutes ago, PeepShow4life said:

I love how Eddie Howe treats the players and gets the best out of them, total opposite to Bruce. He reminds me of KK in that way.

He's very much like KK, just lacks the worldwide reputation that Keegan earned as a player.

11 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Anderson isn’t really a winger though is he? More like an attacking midfielder. 

It's more a case of looking at which players you wouldn't miss and getting them out so we can keep him around. He seems more of an impact player than Murphy, and he must surely be able to keep hold of the ball better.

20 minutes ago, TRon said:

It's more a case of looking at which players you wouldn't miss and getting them out so we can keep him around. He seems more of an impact player than Murphy, and he must surely be able to keep hold of the ball better.

True, but if you’re playing 433 you do need people comfortable in certain positions. 

58 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Anderson isn’t really a winger though is he? More like an attacking midfielder. 

I reckon its definitely time we move away from the exact positions stuff, you only have to see what Joelinton became in such a short space of time, I'm not disagreeing with you we dont want 11 versatile utility players, but.... the lad looks like he could slot in a few positions, he played a fair few games on the left for Bristol, and in fairness, they have probably seen more of him than any of us lot, they would be the people to inform us.

can't be called Geordie Maradona for nothing😁

32 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

True, but if you’re playing 433 you do need people comfortable in certain positions. 

Rich described his position at Bristol as wide left/CM so it seems like he can operate as part of a front three

Edited by TRon

2 hours ago, TRon said:

He's good enough to be in the squad right now tbh, the only reason to loan him out is so he gets regular football rather than sitting on our bench. Would be better to ship Murphy out on loan tbh.

I’d give him a year at a Championship team where he’d have quite decent assurances of playing regularly.

His only first team football so far has been half a season in League Two, he’d benefit from playing a full season at a better level.

Sitting on our bench won’t develop him at all.

13 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

rock as fuck to get his name into a song as well

We could work on the Billy tag. To tune of ‘Billy don’t be a hero’
🎶 Billy, our local hero, another goal with your right, Billy, our local hero, setting the Premier alight! 🎶