Arsenal 3-0 Newcastle United - 18/01/2021 - post match from p22

Disco

A manager with any reasonable idea about the modern game would get more from this team. It’s easy to blame the players and that’s all these pundits do

Despite some clear weaknesses in certain positions; there's more than enough for a competent manager to work with in the squad.

“They’ve got poor players, they’re poor defensively and poor going forward, it’s tough for Steve”

He is right as I’ve said we are largely a squad of championship players, the likes of Joelinton, Almiron, Murphy etc are not decent premier league players and I would argue we don’t have a single serviceable central midfield pairing at the club. Any new manager would have a huge job on their hands still and it would still be shit to watch. And I’m the biggest Bruce hater going. New owner is the only answer as the club is a shambles top to bottom.

We had world class manager given fuck all to spend and eventually walks because of it.

Bruce comes in and being the spineless cunt he is goes along with spending £40+m on a player a world class manager didn't think was good enough, all the while giving it the big in the media that he's not a puppet.

The state of the squad is on Bruce.

“They’ve got poor players, they’re poor defensively and poor going forward, it’s tough for Steve”

He is right as I’ve said we are largely a squad of championship players, the likes of Joelinton, Almiron, Murphy etc are not decent premier league players and I would argue we don’t have a single serviceable central midfield pairing at the club. Any new manager would have a huge job on their hands still and it would still be shit to watch. And I’m the biggest Bruce hater going. New owner is the only answer as the club is a shambles top to bottom.

Yeah, I find it difficult to think of a midfield that isn't going to struggle. Our more skilful players - the Longstaffs and Shelvey - are slow and don't defend well. Hendrick and Hayden are poor in possession. Murphy tries hard, but his better role is probably wing back. Joelinton is too cumbersome for the Premiership. Almiron and ASM can make things happen, but we end up hoping for a flash of individualism rather than a good combination - which is perhaps our best bet.

I had hopes that Fraser might do well, but injury and now suspension has kept him out of the picture.

I’d love to see an analysis like this about 90 minutes of shelvey. Amazing how he has no concept of where to be on the pitch.

Watch him for the third goal. He just stands still, it’s beyond belief. He then makes a cowards run at the last minute to pretend that he is running for the team, what a dick

It's easy to see the players as championship standard when they are so disorganised, off form and without confidence. We have enough on-pitch ability to finish a season in a comfortable season... with a competent manager.

Neville talking utter fucking shit.

Stating the bleedin' obvious saying nowt will seriously change until there's new owners.

We've known that for over a decade ffs.

We're "managed" by a waddling, waffling, gasping pork scratching right now. A takeover won't happen overnight. You can bin off the cretin in charge immediately, bring in someone with a degree of competence and give yourselves a fighting chance.

Yeah, I find it difficult to think of a midfield that isn't going to struggle. Our more skilful players - the Longstaffs and Shelvey - are slow and don't defend well. Hendrick and Hayden are poor in possession. Murphy tries hard, but his better role is probably wing back. Joelinton is too cumbersome for the Premiership. Almiron and ASM can make things happen, but we end up hoping for a flash of individualism rather than a good combination - which is perhaps our best bet.

I had hopes that Fraser might do well, but injury and now suspension has kept him out of the picture.

Weird how S. Longstaff and Almiron (along with Lascelles, Schär, Lejuene & Dubravka) looked like top 6 players under our previous manager.

Neville did do us a disservice there. But he was very stern and clear about us needing new ownership.

Are you forgetting that he was part of the EFL owners who wanted to give the likes of Man Utd powers that would allow them to block takeovers like ours?

Him saying that is like putting out your windows and saying you could with some double glazing.

Has cabbagegheed spoken yet?

After the break on Sky.

Hope he’s rattled.

He’ll be interrupting questions and going back to basics. “Look, no doubt about it, we weren’t good enough, but I asked for a reaction, did I get one, that’s not for me to say”