Joe Willock

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think he'll end up here on loan for another year, it suits all parties.

Same.  If there is a buy clause, it'll be big now.

Bloody get him signed up. Pay the fucking fee over many years if needed, just get it done. He’s what we’ve been crying out for ages. We’ve not had any mobile CMs in our time. Sissoko, Wijnaldum, then like nobody for ages? 

33 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Good player, seems an even better lad. Wish him all the best.

I think he'll have a good PL career - he's got a decent amount of attributes that could work well in a few different set ups. Don't think he'll find that at Arsenal though...

Think you’re right about Arsenal not suiting him. Must admit the times he’s played for Arsenal he hasn’t looked half the player he has here. Be interesting to see what Arteta’s mindset will be with him concerning his future. I will be surprised if he’s here next year unfortunately.

Remains to be seen how Arsenal will treat him once pre season starts, he’s definitely good enough to get in most PL teams though.

As I said before, some players (and managers) just click with a certain club. It’s lightning in a bottle and doesn’t come around too often, well not like this. He’s perfect for this club.

25-30 million should see Arsenal snap our hands off. Before his goal scoring exploits I’d have said under 20 million but it is what it is now.

The issue is our budget.

9 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

More chance of him playing for Arsenal regularly next season. They’ll not spend any money and Arteta has already shown he’s willing to bed in younger players.

We probably could sign him though, but we’ll never place a bid close enough.

Doubt they keep him, doesn’t suit their ‘style’ , think they cash out on him. Hoping we can get him near the £20m mark

7 hours ago, Kanji said:

Bloody get him signed up. Pay the fucking fee over many years if needed, just get it done. He’s what we’ve been crying out for ages. We’ve not had any mobile CMs in our time. Sissoko, Wijnaldum, then like nobody for ages? 

He reminds me of Parker & Bowyer in their Charlton & Leeds days, raw goal scoring ACMs.

Hope we sign him & a new manager (:cheesy:)

I’ve said it before but I think he’d be a really good option off the bench for England in the Euros when chasing a result with his energy, positioning and finishing (both aerial and shooting).

he is not as good as the other midfield options to start games but sometimes with a substitute you need a different dimension

I honestly don’t know if this bombing into the box is his normal game or if it’s just what he’s been doing here because we needed someone to save our season.

He might be viewed completely differently at Arsenal. Did anyone see him much before he came here? 

Sometimes players just fit with a team and that's the case here. Arsenal are too much of a passing side for Willock. He plays better in a counter style team, where he can drive forward or arrive in the box. We really need to get this deal done. Sign Willock, keep our players, few more quality additions and new manager, and we are looking in good shape imo.

3 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Sometimes players just fit with a team and that's the case here. Arsenal are too much of a passing side for Willock. He plays better in a counter style team, where he can drive forward or arrive in the box. We really need to get this deal done. Sign Willock, keep our players, few more quality additions and new manager, and we are looking in good shape imo.

Don't think any of that will happen anytime soon.  Plus we have a load of shite, including Bruce, to get rid of before anything will happen.  Oh and we new a new owner and CEO as well (or what ever his is called). 

5 hours ago, samptime29 said:

Think that sums it up nicely. 

Guest HTT II
22 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It probably doesn't help Arsenal pack the final third too. It stifles any kind of run beyond the strikers.

This too. Obviously we don’t fully know what kind of player Willock really is, he’s profited from how we ‘play’ really well, but has shown he’s more than just the type of player we are seeing. I’m not so sure, like others, however, that he’s ideally suited in any way to a game of pass and move or possession football that Arteta is trying (and failing at) with Arsenal. It would stifle the kind of game we’ve seen him flourish here at playing, from deep, running, late breaks into the box, attacking the final third etc.

8 hours ago, gdm said:

We reportedly got £17m to spend in summer. Even if arsenal wanted to sell there’s no chance he’s coming here. Pretty gutted actually 

£12m + money for finishing 12th in league, so £29m or so