Joe Willock

Very good yesterday. He is talented and can play very well when he is in a game like yesterday. Very open game despite them being a man down and for some reason not sitting back. 

His strengths shows most often when there’s tons of transitional play and some space. I think after next summer window he will be a good squad player to bring on when we are defending a lead late on and look to counter more. He won’t be good enough to start week in and week out for where we are going. A more possession based football. Even more so further ahead.

Edited by Ikon

I think it'll come. He was a Wilson tap in and a very good save away from scoring on Saturday, and still bagged a couple of assists. 

If this is his supposedly poor start and we're due for his form to pick up in the second half of the season then I'm looking forward to it. 

Probably been the most vocal in my dislike of his continued selection, but Howe's continued belief in him is beginning to pay dividends. He's so much more than a player we look to, to score. He's actually pivotal to how we play. It's a big responsibilty for a youngster and he's rising to the ask.

6 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Thought he contributed very well today. He's not excellent player but he showed he can be a good one. 

Yes, but we work to a system these days and it's so relentlessly successful that we don't need the best in the world in each position for it to work.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I love him. So much of the good that we do involves him.

I've always loved him and wanted him to become a hero for us. He's getting there. I know to some that will sound negative but I'm looking at the next 3-4 years before we see the complete player. I think he's more than the average footballer, intelligent and sensitive [or maybe more like the average future footballer] who will benefit from Howe's methods. Now that we've moved away from looking to him to be the goalscoring hero I think ther's every chance he'll become the often unsung hero.

55 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Yeah he's very underrated imo, his driving forward opened up the space for Bruno's second. Needs a goal though.

He can't buy one at the minute, they just refuse to go in. Good thing is, his all round game has come on leaps and bounds under Eddie, so he's not so reliant on them. He's still getting chances though, so they will come. Maybe seven games in a row when the dam breaks.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

He’s such a lovely lad, really doesn’t come across like most footballers, has no ego and seems really mature for his age

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/15/joe-willock-newcastle-united-eddie-howe-marcus-rashford

He’s such a sweet kid, man. I remember the sideline post match interview last year when he kept repeating “the gaffa…my gaffa” line about the impact Eddie has had on him. Had some father-son vibes to it. :lol:

15 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

He’s such a sweet kid, man. I remember the sideline post match interview last year when he kept repeating “the gaffa…my gaffa” line about the impact Eddie has had on him. Had some father-son vibes to it. :lol:

I suppose gaffa is more endearing than jabba.