Joe Willock

Would imagine it’ll be controlling his involvement. Two games in 4 days etc. likely sit out this one and play one of the games over the seal cup weekend. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Botman congratulating him on IG?? Personal maybe, thinking engagement. Thought new contract or something at first. 

for the remarkable feat of making it to 25 years of age presumably 

Edited by Smal

13 minutes ago, Smal said:

for the remarkable feat of making it to 25 years of age presumably 

Or beating his appearance record already 

1 hour ago, Collage said:

A fit Willock ( :rolleyes: ) should be in the starting XI, period. I like him very much. Not quite as much as Freddie Ljungberg likes him, but very much.

Unfortunately he plays in the same position as Joelinton.

1 hour ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

All joking aside did he not play wide right forward during his goal scoring loan spell under cabbagehead?

Yes.

I really want to see this lad come back strong this season. He adds something completely different for us in transition. The problem I think for Howe is that he’s going to struggle to get him starting games routinely, going wide right would be amazing if he’s got experience there but Howe’s never even tried it once with him has he?

Just now, Pilko said:

Great cameo today. Need to find a way of getting him into the team as the way he glides past opponents when he's on form is magic.

He has that turn of pace in midfield that we're lacking.

Just now, Pilko said:

Great cameo today. Need to find a way of getting him into the team as the way he glides past opponents when he's on form is magic.

Feel like we haven't seen a CM kick-and-run past a defender on the wing since 2022/23. It's such a big thing to have in your midfield armory, especially if/when the wingers aren't getting any change out of the full-backs.

I'm excited to see him start against Forest this week. He offers something none of our other CMs offer.

I love Big Joe but I think our best midfield pairing when all fit/available are Tonali, Bruno, and Willock.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Feel like we haven't seen a CM kick-and-run past a defender on the wing since 2022/23. It's such a big thing to have in your midfield armory, especially if/when the wingers aren't getting any change out of the full-backs.

Yeah you're going back to that late Leicester winner really.

He sort of did it today with about 10 mins to go although he was very deep where he started and ended up having to check back and pass inside, but it was a glimpse of what we've missed with him.

This lad’s running with the ball is so classy, completely bursts past anyone when he’s at full speed and maintains his balance while doing it to pick his head up and make a good pass / right decision. Needs to be getting more minutes than he is 

So happy to see him come on today and make a difference. Hopefully he can stay fit because his ball carrying and getting into good positions are vital to us.