Joe Willock

5 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Gutted for him as he'd be a great alternative to Joelinton against bottom half sides. 

I’d play him ahead of Joelinton in midfield tbh, though I always liked them as a double act on the left

I was just thinking how fucking good this guy is, not even the goal just his movement and pace and everything, he's electric, and then fuuuuuuck.

I don't even want to hear the prognosis at this point, it's just going to be another season of 6 weeks off 2 weeks on. Gutted.

Third quickest goal in our history?

Shearer v City around 10 seconds.

Almiron v WBA around 20 seconds. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Third quickest goal in our history?

Shearer v City around 10 seconds.

Almiron v WBA around 20 seconds. 

According to .com, 2nd quickest in the PL era.

Stats:
We think that Willock's goal is the fastest ever by any Newcastle player in the League Cup and the fastest away from SJP in the Premier League era. 

It's also the second fastest by any Magpie in the Premier League era:

Jan 2003 Manchester City (h) Alan Shearer 10 seconds
Aug 2024 Nottingham Forest (a) Joe Willock 18 seconds
Dec 2020 West Brom (h) Miguel Almiron 20 seconds

3 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’d play him ahead of Joelinton in midfield tbh, though I always liked them as a double act on the left

100% he’s twice the footballer Big Joe is. Unfortunately we need him to get fucking fittttt. 

Tonali, Bruno, Willock is the best three we can put out if everyone is fit (and sticking with 4-3-3). 

Edited by cubaricho

Twice the footballer Big Joe is :lol: 

Can’t beat the internet for a big slice of hyperbole. 

I’m a fully paid up member of the Willock fan club, TBF. Need him fit as an option. More direct and pacey than any of our midfielders. 

Seems like his body isn’t holding up too well in this system, though. 

Looked more like an impact injury, my first thoughts (Dr. Nick Riviera School of Medicine) was that it was a dead leg, fingers crossed for that. 

5 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Twice the footballer Big Joe is :lol: 

Can’t beat the internet for a big slice of hyperbole. 

Very aware that I’m not in the majority here. Joelinton has the crowd favorite momentum. 

I just know who I’d rather the ball fall to on any given Saturday/Sunday. 

Didn't matter in the end but was it just me who thought he put the ball out for a corner on purpose so he could get treatment? And we didn't get the ball back

Would have been furious with Forest had they scored from it

37 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Very aware that I’m not in the majority here. Joelinton has the crowd favorite momentum. 

I just know who I’d rather the ball fall to on any given Saturday/Sunday. 

Not really. He was crap on Sunday and by all accounts not good last night.

Little Joe had a great cameo against Bournemouth, comes back with a start and shows us what we’re missing and then everyone feels sorry for him with the injury. It’s the other way round. 

Different players for different games/scenarios. Also, I know it’s just a figure of speech ‘but twice the footballer’ is a laughably shit take and demeans all the good work Joelinton does for us. We forgotten Southampton already?

1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

100% he’s twice the footballer Big Joe is. Unfortunately we need him to get fucking fittttt. 

Tonali, Bruno, Willock is the best three we can put out if everyone is fit (and sticking with 4-3-3). 

Wild shout, I think people forget Joelinton did enough to get a call up to the Brazil national team, he was outstanding and he'll get back to that form, no doubts about it, he has shown it already v Southampton. 

15 hours ago, KDT said:

Looked more like an impact injury, my first thoughts (Dr. Nick Riviera School of Medicine) was that it was a dead leg, fingers crossed for that. 

It was his standing leg and not the one the other player ran into which, with no medical experience whatsoever, seems worse to me

The fact he was still able to run around a little while he was testing it out is hopeful. I mean if you have torn your quad or something then I guess you wouldn't be able to even stand. 

Having said that, didn't Joelinton play on for awhile against Sunderland and then he was out like 3-4 months?

Fingers crossed for Joe. He is a really important cog in our squad. Could see the heartbreak as he walked off, but hopefully that was just the fear of another injury rather than knowing it was definitely serious.

28 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Great news if proved correct. Feared he’d done something similar to what Joelinton did last season.

1 minute ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Can't say I'm reassured. If his thigh muscle can almost pop after only a couple of sprints, his body isn't really cut out for the top level game.

It was an impact injury, someone's hip crushed into his thigh, at the time it looked like a dead leg, so glad that's the case.

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

It was an impact injury, someone's hip crushed into his thigh, at the time it looked like a dead leg, so glad that's the case.

Really hope that's all it was, looking at it at the time, I was convinced it was a dead leg but then Howe was saying yesterday that it wasn't looking too good.

Even more important because while he was on he absolutely uplifted our game with his pace and running.