Joe Willock

3 hours ago, Likelylad said:

Such a likeable player. Think his initial struggles were moving away from London full time and being under that fat waste of space. 

Hopefully continues as he finished. 

The decision to move to the countryside wouldn’t of helped being so remote. Sensible that he moved closer to the City Centre.

• 4 weeks later...

A loose ball or two but on the whole a really good half of running down the left side, drove at them multiple times and got us up the pitch and into good positions. He’s so good at dribbling without using any trickery, just pace and little touches 

Just now, gbandit said:

A loose ball or two but on the whole a really good half of running down the left side, drove at them multiple times and got us up the pitch and into good positions. He’s so good at dribbling without using any trickery, just pace and little touches 

I honestly think he is the most underrated player in the whole league.  When he runs with the ball his strides are massive.  Him and Joelinton have a brilliant understanding.  Neither of them are out and out wingers yet it somehow works.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, andycap said:

Shit myself when he went down with cramp and they broke. 

So glad for him we didn't concede in that moment. Would have been terrible for him.

Thought he was very good today and had some great moments running down the left. Also looks a lot stronger and fitter physically, which is serving him better defensively.

I really do like him, his first half was very bad. He sometimes looks half asleep - he’s nearly unplayable on the left sometimes when he’s breaking with the ball on a counter. Unfortunately we had nobody up there to give him an outlet. 

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Some of those breaks in the second half were outstanding: he is deceptively fast once he gets in stride.

Maxi has said Willock is the second fastest at the club behind him. 

Wish he’d scored that chance when he cut back onto his left from six yards and shot into a group of bodies. Was a really nice move to buy himself the space to get the shot off. I really like him and just hope he can get the best out of himself as he’s exceptionally talented