Joe Willock

46 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Joelinton is now a full fledged midfield monster. Almiron's transformation to a right wing menace is now pretty much complete.

More convinced than ever that this guy's got next. He's going to be the next big story for Newcastle by becoming a beautifully well rounded goal scoring midfielder.

Welcome aboard 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Welcome aboard 

Indeed!

Was never anything personal with the guy. I have a good friend that is quite familiar with a number of Arsenal players going back a bit and by all accounts Willock is a top guy. Just wanted to see more from him.

Looking back over it all. I think a big part of his continued improvement has been physical fitness related. Think he looks like his stamina and fitness are way up and he is benefitting from it massively. Far more involved from start to finish of games now. Very excited about him going forward. Really happy for him.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, HaydnNUFC said:

MOTM tonight. Fucking class. Love this lad. Been great this season, so underrated 

He was fantastic for sure. Big Joe's fantastic assist and great finish seal the deal for me but Little Joe was all over it.

I'm still not sure how he manages to block the pass, then instantly move the ball away from the defender before Burn scores. Has really quick feet and serious gas, hope he's here for a long time.

15 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm still not sure how he manages to block the pass, then instantly move the ball away from the defender before Burn scores. Has really quick feet and serious gas, hope he's here for a long time.

Noticed that too! The block and the shield were redic quick 

On 11/01/2023 at 02:03, nemtizz said:

No greater sight in football than him knocking it on and bursting past the oppo.

I've never seen a player so fast, that doesn't look like they're running fast.  Always looks like the defender has him and they're getting up to full speed quicker than him.  Then he just strides away from them.  Looks like he's jogging.  Must be well annoying to play against. 

It can be frustrating, at times.  But it is also clever from him that he will check back, pass and keep possession 30-40 yards further up the pitch than where we started.  He doesn't always look to get to the byline or drive to goal.  Usually because nobody else on our team can keep up with him to support :lol: 

I still don’t know what his best position is. He gets through so much running and is great getting forward on and off the ball. But the same as Longstaff, the quality is often lacking in the final third. 

Unlike Longstaff, he doesn’t seem like a typical midfielder. In the sense that he doesn’t put a foot in or have much of a passing game. 

The same as Joelinton. He’s just a bit of a hybrid, who really suits Howe’s system. You could replace him and Longstaff in the XI and I think we will in time. But anyone coming in wouldn’t necessarily have the same intangibles or fit in so well with our high intensity game. 

I think as the team evolves. Willock and Longstaff will become rotation players and not starting every game. 

I love him. He’s possibly my favourite player, TBH. But I think whilst he gets about and pressures well. He’s never going to go crunching into tackles and often feels like he shirks challenges at times. 

Not even a massive criticism, plenty of players do that from kids football up to the top. 

Everyone has an opinion and I don’t ever want to be too harsh to anyone as it’s not like we’re dealing with objective truth but I find it odd that anyone could look at this lad and think he’s nothing special. He’s got enormous talent, if he develops more consistency in his final delivery and finishing then he’ll be one of the better wide players / AMs in the league