Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

What do we reckon town will be like tomorrow? Fancy getting out to watch this, are they fairly lax now about standing etc? Imagine its going to be mental busy pre/post match so it'll be the usual scrum in most places right? Not been in for a long time, especially when it's busy so just hoping there aren't any capacity limits in certain places or whatever 

46 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

He and his dad didn't look real happy every time they cut to them in seats.

I hope it was just the football and not the crowd booing the BLM stuff. 

Dear Steve,

If a train leaves Edinburgh at 12:00 travelling towards London at an average speed of 120mph and another train leaves London at 13:00 travelling an average of 100mph, how long could I continuously kick you in the face for without getting bored? 

Andy, Fenham

42 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

On BBC Radio Newcastle now. Dunno whether to listen or not, instead of decent questions he'll probably get asked what is his favourite flavour of crisp. Cringetastic.

“Do you watch Love Island” was genuinely one of them. :lol:

Glad I am at work tomorrow and unable to listen to the hoop licking that Bruce is going to get off our thick as fuck sheeple. 

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

“Do you watch Love Island” was genuinely one of them. :lol:

Glad I am at work tomorrow and unable to listen to the hoop licking that Bruce is going to get off our thick as fuck sheeple. 

I know, I surrendered and listened to most of it. :lol:

Also depends whether the presenters/hosts bottle it. He should be getting pelters or good questions about why he's so shit rather than wondering what sauce he puts on his steak pies.

14 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I know, I surrendered and listened to most of it. :lol:

Also depends whether the presenters/hosts bottle it. He should be getting pelters or good questions about why he's so shit rather than wondering what sauce he puts on his steak pies.

Not a chance will BBC Newcastle allow him to get asked anything difficult.

A randomer who has no prior knowledge of NUFC could listen to it and come away thinking Bruce is well loved, is my prediction sadly. 

We're asking players if they watch Love Island... people are probably a lot different shouting into a void on Twitter after a defeat vs talking directly to Bruce so I expect very little backlash or diplomacy. Just be fair on him as if people do call for his head Talksport etc will pounce on it like they did for the 'death threats' comment (despite a few weeks earlier saying he got loads of fan mail from fans?)

Full transcript for anyone missing it. I wouldn't risk it without an Adblock, so a few of the questions... https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-willock-newcastle-shearer-transcript-21345748

How straightforward was the permanent move from Arsenal?

To be honest with you, it wasn't straightforward at all. It was a big step for me in my career to leave my boyhood club, and move away from my comfort zone. 

I feel the Newcastle fans, the team and the manager made the decision easier. The love I have for Newcastle is immense, so it made the decision very easy for me towards the end.

How hard was it to leave? Was it just a case of getting more football at this stage of your career?

For me, it was all about the whole sort of feeling I got when I played in front of the fans.

The whole feeling when I stepped out at St James' Park, the love I had for the club never left me.

It was always in the back of my mind and in my heart that there was something missing, and it was Newcastle United.

I spoke to my team and my agent and my father, I said it's best for me to make the next step in my career and go back to Newcastle United.

What made you want to move to Newcastle?

The thing that pushed me over to sign was the fans. I have a strong connection with the fans, and I was getting loads of messages from fans on all social media platforms.

They showed me how much they appreciated me, and I felt that connection when I played in front of just 10,000 people in St James' Park.

That was the sort of thing that helped me make the decision.

We've been a region starved of success. It's been so long since they've had anything to cheer, you would absolutely love to give those fans something to cheer in terms of a trophy?

Of course. That's something that when I came here, I said to myself as one of my goals.

I'm coming to Newcastle to help win a cup or something to bring back to the club.

I feel like we have the manager and team to do it, and I'm looking forward to starting that journey.

When you played for us last season, what position did you like best? Do you like midfield or do you prefer a free role?

I like to play in midfield and have the licence to go forward and get in the box.

The position the manager plays me in is probably perfect for my attributes, and the things I can offer.

The number eight box-to-box is my position, and I feel I can offer a lot to the team. 

Do you watch Love Island?

Yeah, of course I do! In my spare time I have now in my hotel, I will be watching Love Island a lot.

It's amazing.

I'm sure you would relish playing in a North East derby. Do you know all about it?

For sure, I've seen the rivalry going on for years. It's something I would love to play in, I'm not saying they should get back in the Premier League!

I support and love Newcastle, so it's not something I'd love to see. But to play in that game would be amazing.

How much of an influence was Steve Bruce in bringing you to the club, and what is your relationship like?

He's a man I respect highly. He had a wonderful career, and a wonderful managerial career.

When he speaks, you listen. When I spoke to him, he's always honest with me and he's someone I respect a lot.

We have a really good relationship, and he was vital to me coming back to the club.

What are his strengths as a coach?

He has good player relationships with each and everyone of us.

He's honest with us, he never beats around the bush and tells you how it is.

He's a man that's very advanced tactically in modern-day football.

How much influence has Graeme Jones had on you too?

He's another staff member I really get on with as well. He's a coach that has a lot of ideas on how to play, and someone I respect a lot too.

What are your long-term ambitions?

I want to continue to help people, whether I can in a few years help young kids with a charity or help kids that come from unfortunate backgrounds to be inspired to live out their dreams in football.

That's a main goal of mine. What Marcus Rashford has done is amazing, and something that can only inspire other players like me to do.

It's something that's an amazing act that helped a load of young kids.

Edited by nbthree3

I mean, players are never gonna slag the manager off on regional radio which will be reiterated to the national media. A lot of players probably like Bruce. 

Because he gives them loads of time off and lets them do whatever they want on the training ground.