Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Pleased to have him. Massive sell on potential this lad. 

If the contract is six years are reported and they were haggling over terms I’d be surprised if he didn’t have a fairly low release clause ala Merino. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Finish in the top 10 playing exciting football? Yes please 

I think he means the other bit where they almost go bust, drop down the divisions then fight their way back up with an exciting manager playing great football and bringing their fans moments of joy they'll never forget.

Quite fancy that too tbh.

1 hour ago, loki679 said:

I think he means the other bit where they almost go bust, drop down the divisions then fight their way back up with an exciting manager playing great football and bringing their fans moments of joy they'll never forget.

Quite fancy that too tbh.

All 15 years of it?

23 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

If he's not another Kenedy, aye.

I'm a little lost as to why no-one is competing with us here tbh.

Realistically who is going to pay around £25m for a lad who has played more or less only 11 games on the bounce in the PL?  Can you think of which clubs should be in for him at that price cause it largely rules out promoted teams and none of the top 7-8 would be gambling.

Good signing but has zero excitement attached to it because he has already played for us.

Mind you, we could sign Messi with Bruce as manager and I'd be pretty underwhelmed.

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Realistically who is going to pay around £25m for a lad who has played more or less only 11 games on the bounce in the PL?  Can you think of which clubs should be in for him at that price cause it largely rules out promoted teams and none of the top 7-8 would be gambling.

It makes most sense for us, precisely because we have had him already and know what he is all about. As you say, other sides would be making a bigger gamble.

3 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

I mean, 25m isn't a wild fee these days and I think plenty of clubs gamble that kind of money. Basically anyone other than the top 6 I could see potentially being interested. Everton Villa Leeds West Ham. Plenty of teams that would take 25m punts on promising players imo.

2 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

Villa a decent shout tbf yeah, feel like they need more CM having lost Greal & Barkley. 

Aye my assumption is that no-one really needed his position that much. But obviously far too lazy to look at squads and evaluate that nonsense.