Joe Willock: Out for the remainder of the season with Achilles injury (Hope)

1 hour ago, Jaqen said:

We'd be stupid to agree to 3 years mind. Im not sure what he's got to be worried about on a long term deal to be honest. He covers himself if things go tits up and if he performs well we'll undoubtedly be looking to sell him on. 

If the deal here goes sour, looks like he will be getting a lot of bench time as no other club seems interested at the price. Looks like Arteta wants to utilise the cash also as it’s obvious he doesn’t want him. Maybe a last minute loan deal to one of the bottom half clubs or abroad to try and get the cash deal next summer. Just have to wait and see I suppose as Ashley won’t agree to demands if he thinks they’re too high. 

Edited by et tu brute

46 minutes ago, Disco said:

Length of deal is potentially mitigated by putting a release clause (fee or what the club achieves) in you’d have thought.

Be interesting to see if Arsenal have put a sell on % to any future sale as that would cause a massive issue with any release clause.

26 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Normally a percentage of profit aren't they?

They are, but if Willock (or his agent) is wanting to keep the release clause relatively low, then that's when the issues occur. Just can't see Ashley accepting that.

Edited by et tu brute

End of the day he's not getting £60kpw, a low release clause and a 3 year deal, not when we're paying the thick end of £25m for him. I don't see any other team doing  so either and this may be why other clubs just haven't bothered with him. 

30 minutes ago, Nobody said:

We're just taking a random twitter rumour of the three year thing as gospel then? 

"Journalists" reckon it's not wages don't they?  You'd imagine it can only be things like release claues & length of contract in that case

14 minutes ago, Ben said:

If I was a top player I would want at least one free transfer to try and maximise my singing on fee 

He’s not a top player atm.  If he has a leg break, he’s toast (financially). 

4/5 year contract.  £50m release clause, higher if Arsenal have sell-one.  First team wages. 

I think is fair for all parties. 

if he does well here, we’ll look to sell him anyway.  The club sees itself as a stepping stone. 

he would be a fool to stay at Arsenal imo.  Maybe a loan would be in his best interests if he thinks he can outlast Arteta but I’m sure Arsenal are demanding a sale. A poor 12 months and his value is entirely destroyed.  

18 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Get ready for the undisclosed transfer for an undisclosed contract length :lol:

That was the advantage of being on the stock market before Ashley. Every transfer fee had to be announced for the shareholders. Remember Shepherd taking particular delight at announcing Damien Duff only cost £5m.