Joe Willock

21 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Was it just me or was he pretty much playing up top in a 442?

Aye, I thought that we’d switched to a 4-4-1-1.

Mad how much he comes alive after HT. Was absolutely non existent in the first half and then everywhere in the second. Needs to learn how to anticipate a flick on mind, nearly always static when the ball was aimed at Wood.

Aye. Thought it was the balls timing that stumped him. Watching it back, no, it was just the header that was balls. Should have done a bit better there but a hell of a performance again. Especially after switching to the new formation with him as a 10. 

He's been really good lately, like a few others he's been transformed under Howe.

Whilst he isn't scoring as much as he was in comparison to that end of season run he went on he's actually playing much better and getting involved in the game

He kept nicking the ball off them and then that block at the end, superb. 

Started slowly and he infuriates me how sloppy he is with the ball at times. Miscues simple passes and wasted some promising positions. 

But the more the game was stretched and the longer it went. The more it suited him. He has that canny knack of getting a toe on the ball when seemingly second favourite. Deceptively fast, but good with the tempo of his runs. Like he’ll slow it down ever so slightly to draw the tackle and then he accelerates and is usually off and away or he gets fouled. 

Some engine on him. He spent most of that second half off of Wood for knock downs. Yet somehow comes up with a block 8 yards out in the 90th minute. How the fuck did he get there?! Must have teleported. 

He’s deceptively good at nipping the ball away from the opposition and playing it into space. As his block showed yesterday as well, he reads the play very well. I hadn’t realised there was as much of a defensive side to his game until recently

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

He’s deceptively good at nipping the ball away from the opposition and playing it into space. As his block showed yesterday as well, he reads the play very well. I hadn’t realised there was as much of a defensive side to his game until recently

He's only started getting credit for it recently, but it's well deserved. I don't think anybody else in our squad could close down the defenders as effectively with the exception of Joelinton maybe.

Guest neesy111
7 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

They don't have to self isolate though right? Or do they? 

Not sure.

PL rules are different to public health england one's.  Suspect they just need to test negative and then they are fine.

• 3 weeks later...