Joe Willock

2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Yeah - I thought it was going over but it was class. Reckon his goal last week was crucial in giving him the confidence to smash that one in.

It was like prime Sadio Mane. Should be scoring that of course. But he certainly made sure the keeper wasn’t getting it!

Hopefully he scores in every game until the end of the season.

He's brimming with confidence at the minute and it's great to see. We all knew there was still a player in there, but he's actually proving that to be the case now. He seems to have really bought into what Howe wants the squad to do, and Howe deserves a huge amount of credit for giving Willock such a prominent role in the team. 

6 hours ago, NEEJ said:

He's canny as owt, man. 

It was such a bland question, and instead of a glib platitude, he went into a moving monologue. Have to appreciate that. 

Edited by Hovagod

12 hours ago, Thiago said:

Interesting to read what Howe has done for him. It's that kind of dedication and attention to detail we deserve as a Premier League club. I'm glad to see Willock is managing to shake the Bruce off him.

Howe would have nursed the Gallowgate pigeon back to life.

On 26/02/2022 at 07:47, morpeth mag said:

Can you say where he is living without invading his privacy? There is rural and rural when it comes to living in Northumberland.

Eh?

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

Howe would have nursed the Gallowgate pigeon back to life.

He would have had it banging the goals in ala Shearer!

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Eh?

I think he's asking where in rural Northumberland Willock lives. Belsay, Morpeth, Woolsington etc. I was wondering as well fwiw, but I can understand if it's best not shared. :lol:

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I think he's asking where in rural Northumberland Willock lives. Belsay, Morpeth, Woolsington etc. I was wondering as well fwiw, but I can understand if it's best not shared. :lol:

Ah OK and I won’t share it, obviously.

Btw I love that some random former Scouser LFC fan from the States, knows all about our poor deceased pigeon who sadly had to watch while trapped so much crap while decaying high up in the L7 gods :smitten:

13 hours ago, gbandit said:

What a lovely lad, how fucking good is it to actually like our players. Got a hugely likeable bunch right now

Watched the post match interview on .cock and he's endeared the shit outta me. Glad he's scored and found his form, hearing him talk about Howe and the other leaders, you can tell his confidence is back after being well and truly 'Bruced'. I'll even let "up the Maggies" slide, because he's such a likeable young man. :) 

It was clear he was carrying a lot of baggage under Bruce, wasn't sure he would find form again but fair play to the lad he's made himself undroppable. Looking even better than the player that came in on loan we were so desperate to sign.