Newcastle United 3-2 Southampton - 06/02/2021

BlueStar

Reasonably pleasant half, but we've looked very loose at the back and thankfully Southampton have gifted us some goals.

I hate to say it about a young player but Lewis really is poor. He needs to improve significantly if he wants a career at this level, even when considering the poor manager.

Feel like we’re been naive since going 2-0 up and it’s entirely a coaching problem. We sat off despite not really sitting any deeper and before Miggy scored at the end there I felt like we were just waiting to concede.

Hopefully we see this out because if that Wilson injury is serious we’re fucked.

We are very clearly a new team under new leadership.

They start the games knowing what they want to do and have a very positive attitude. However the further they get into the game and if anything goes against them (goals, injuries) they don't know how to respond and it becomes a bit of a mess. Hopefully as they forget the previous 18 months of Bruce 'tactics' and buy into the new tactics (ahem manager) things will settle down as there are some very promising signs

Lewis is twice the player in an attacking team, he defends and plays with so much more confidence. Willock is 3 times the player Shelvey and Hendrick are.

Is Gayle not fit, why did he bring on donkey?

We're playing with a great deal more confidence, like. The second half against Leeds has obviously been a turning point. Even in the defeat against Palace, we were playing like a real football team.

We've basically just had to turn up and press today. Southampton clearly wounded by what happened in the week.

Lewis is twice the player in an attacking team, he defends and plays with so much more confidence. Willock is 3 times the player Shelvey and Hendrick are.

Is Gayle not fit, why did he bring on donkey?

Gayle's a bit shit tbh  :lol: As is Jo, but I can understand the thinking with this sort of right forward role. Gayle wouldn't suit that imo.

Entertaining half, thought it was even but Southampton have gifted us some presents.

Amazing what you could do if you make the opposition defend. I know its cliched but I'd rather get beat playing like this than defending a drab game.

Guest neesy111

Entertaining half, thought it was even but Southampton have gifted us some presents.

Yeah, when you look at the way they lose concentration so often in key areas, it's no surprise they've been hammered 9-0 a few times by quality sides.

Agreed, look at the 1st goal they are all-over the place.