Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Chrisjraby said:

"We haven't had the rub of the green"

Oh fuck off you fraud.

He's probably correct however Villa would have moved up a gear if we had scored 

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He’ll not be under pressure from Ashley yet but I think if he loses home to Southampton next week he might start getting a bit twitchy.

Ashley backed him when it looked like we might get relegated last season. He's not going to pull the trigger before we are out of August. By now we should know he is desperate to keep Bruce as manager. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Ashley backed him when it looked like we might get relegated last season. He's not going to pull the trigger before we are out of August. By now we should know he is desperate to keep Bruce as manager. 

Sanctioned the Jones appointment… he was worried.

Edited by HTT II

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Sanctioned the Jones appointment… he was worried.

Yet he kept him on. Jones is still there, why would he change anything? Jones as the tactical no 2 doing the coaching stuff, Bruce as the cuddly and cheery front man who everyone and their nan loves because he's always got a ready smile and handshake for the opposition manager. 

The thing about Bruce is if he's got a squad of players who like him (ie the handful he signs everywhere he goes) his one 'tactic' of slapping backs and 'getting the lads up for it' at least has a chance of working. 

When he's got a squad who either are better than him, or just don't look up to him, then it winds up with a side who look completely without heart. 

When we conceded first under him I never felt we'd get back into games because the heart wasn't there and on the pitch there was no organisation other than running fast and what the players could put together themselves. 

Any good that came from that always seemed to me to be despite Bruce, not because of him. 

13 minutes ago, brummie said:

The thing about Bruce is if he's got a squad of players who like him (ie the handful he signs everywhere he goes) his one 'tactic' of slapping backs and 'getting the lads up for it' at least has a chance of working. 

When he's got a squad who either are better than him, or just don't look up to him, then it winds up with a side who look completely without heart. 

When we conceded first under him I never felt we'd get back into games because the heart wasn't there and on the pitch there was no organisation other than running fast and what the players could put together themselves. 

Any good that came from that always seemed to me to be despite Bruce, not because of him. 

It works better the further down the leagues you go I would expect. Shitter players have lower expectations so a slap on the back, and joke with the tea lady will probably make for a happy camp in Div 1 or 2 which is where he belongs IMO. Personally I would't put him charge of a pub side but he's been in top level football for 20 years so maybe it's just me. 

Theres generic football principles and there's targeted football principles which should drive a coherent style of play and what should be used to drive recruitment in respect to ensuring we have the individual players to be able to play the way our football plan is designed to win games. We have absolutely nothing to suggest that there is a plan. FUCK OFF.