Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, HawK said:

It's a shame that those behind the wonderful sackpardew.com don't have the same gumption to go after Bruce, just purely from a facts-checking perspective. I can cope with him being shit at his job, but what I don't accept is the never-ending lies and exaggerations that he is never challenged on, which the media just repeat and thus the fans of other clubs then in turn think about us. And yes, I do care what other fans think of our club, it's our reputation. And when our reputation is based on  this cunt's bullshit, it boils my piss.

:pards:

Calling people cowards for criticising Steve Bruce. [emoji38]

if he was a foreign coach they would be all over him asking what he can do that British coach can’t. These mugs have criticised Bielsa more than they’ve criticised Bruce this season.

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

That Farley impressions bloke's done another video, don't think the impression is amazing but he referenced him interrupting every question which was canny funny.

Loved that one he did last year where the interviewer kept mentioning Atsu and Bruce/Farley kept saying 'Bless you!'  :mackems:

6 minutes ago, Pilko said:

That Farley impressions bloke's done another video, don't think the impression is amazing but he referenced him interrupting every question which was canny funny.

I'll take my hat off to impressionist who can replicate Steve Bruce's accent.

Steve Bruce says he can take the criticism as he attempts to build a Newcastle team which plays attractive, winning football.

Steve Bruce has defiantly set his sights on matching the "mighty" Rafael Benitez's top-10 Premier League finish as he attempts to drag Newcastle out of trouble

"I would ask the question what do you gauge as success? I gauge success last year as matching Rafa's tally of points, of where we finished, because that's where we are at this particular moment.

It’s difficult managing the expectation that is obviously still there

Make your fucking mind up you odious prick

It's so fake too. This guy played football in the late 80s and early 90s [emoji38] the fans now are kittens in comparison.

"This job comes with a health warning," he always says. Since when did he start caring about his health? 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Is there any other manager in the league that whinges about 'fans expectations' as much as him?

Moyes might have earlier in the season, but he's had enough good results to not have to fall back on it any more.

Don't even recall Mourinho bitching about Spurs fans as much as our resident gimp does. Arteta might have had the odd one this season perhaps?

Most managers would consider the fans an asset. The mighty Rafa considered it a huge factor in the pull towards Merseyside and then Tyneside. 

Bruce seems to think we are the biggest problem, spends more time whining and bitching about Newcastle fans despite supposedly being one himself. Just fuck off back to Manchester man, then everyone will be where they belong. 

10 minutes ago, TRon said:

Most managers would consider the fans an asset. The mighty Rafa considered it a huge factor in the pull towards Merseyside and then Tyneside. 

Bruce seems to think we are the biggest problem, spends more time whining and bitching about Newcastle fans despite supposedly being one himself. Just fuck off back to Manchester man, then everyone will be where they belong. 

If you accept that fans have unrealistic expectations (it's false but lets go with it being true)...

Keegan, Bobby, Hughton, Rafa

Souness, Pardew, McLaren, Bruce

One set of managers embraced this and used it as a weapon, one saw it as a threat. One set were good enough and confident enough in their own ability to say it's a good thing, the other group aren't.

We know which group were more successful

10 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

If you accept that fans have unrealistic expectations (it's false but lets go with it being true)...

Keegan, Bobby, Hughton, Rafa

Souness, Pardew, McLaren, Bruce

One set of managers embraced this and used it as a weapon, one saw it as a threat. One set were good enough and confident enough in their own ability to say it's a good thing, the other group aren't.

We know which group were more successful

Yep. Because big clubs come with big expectations, that's part of the deal when you take up the mantle as a manager. If you can't handle that, then really you should stick to small town clubs where football doesn't matter as much. I'm sure Bruce would be happier at Hartlepool -  or Oldham which would suit him location wise as well. 

Pardew's main fault was that he was quite obviously on the narcissistic spectrum. I fully buy that Pardew thought he was the king and thought he could do anything even if he clearly couldn't. Liking Pardew was essentially impossible, but I always had a minute sense of pity for him in that I didn't believe he actually knew any better due to his mental state. Pardew saying the stuff he did felt like he actually meant it no matter how insane what he said was, which is down to me believing he's a narcissist.

Bruce is just a genuine asshole/bully that insults the fans with intent. I have no pity for him and genuinely dislike him.

Edited by Kaizero

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Do you think Ashley has told him to hang on till he's gone for his payoff ?

It's possible. But it's also quite likely that Ashley doesn't care at all and has appointed whatever standard old football manager he could get on the cheap, and has no reason to sack him.

He seriously needs to apply for the Salford job. Taxi ride from his house, at his ability level, fans onside from the off due to his MUFC history and connections. It’s a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Do you think Ashley has told him to hang on till he's gone for his payoff ?

I don't think he wants paid off. He considers himself to be a top manager and thinks he's done a fantastic job under the circumstances. He's bitter that the Saudi people won't let him be the man to march us back up the league. If project zebra happens he'll be highlighting Rafa's spending every chance he gets.

Oh, and he's probably never even met Mike Ashley. Mike probably wouldn't recognise him if he walked past him at the Milburn canteen.

Edited by Candi_Hills

I mean imagine doing on an interview and playing the victim about how badly you’ve been treat by the fans, knowing it won’t be any different next season and then not resigning. 

I mean surely he has too.

Guest reefatoon
4 hours ago, TRon said:

Get the protests started lads.

The nerve of this cunt. You would think after finishing on a high he would have the sense to let it lie and bask in some good headlines, but no, he's used it as a base to launch an attack on fans the fat cretin. 

It's just a shame the 10,000 fans going will be the loyalist football supporters the world has EVER seen. They'll chant his name for 90 minutes.

50 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

I mean the good news is that surely he can’t be here with comments like that next season.

That went through my mind as well. Almost seems like he's preparing the ground for his departure before the start of next season. Although more likely he's just trying to win sympathy and ward off any boos in the final home game of the season where fans will be allowed in. 

3 hours ago, HawK said:

It's a shame that those behind the wonderful sackpardew.com don't have the same gumption to go after Bruce, just purely from a facts-checking perspective. I can cope with him being shit at his job, but what I don't accept is the never-ending lies and exaggerations that he is never challenged on, which the media just repeat and thus the fans of other clubs then in turn think about us. And yes, I do care what other fans think of our club, it's our reputation. And when our reputation is based on  this cunt's bullshit, it boils my piss.

Not sure what collating facts and stats would make.

You would've thought letting go of a world class manager for having too much ambition would've been the final straw, but instead they'll be more than happy to turn up against Sheff United to support the lads instead of their failing marriage.