Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Micah Richards on 5 live now basically admitting that he won’t say anything against Bruce because he’s his mate. 

I think one of the NUST guys is on that show tonight. 

Oh he’s on now. 

Edited by St1pe

3 minutes ago, Mattoon said:

Yeah Alex said he'd been invited on Twitter earlier, what's being said?

I missed it but saw on Twitter he came across well. Going to listen later but would also like a jist of what was said if anyone caught it. 

18 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Micah Richards on 5 live now basically admitting that he won’t say anything against Bruce because he’s his mate

At this point I would at least respect someone for saying it like that.

The compendium of shite we've been served up about Bruce is on a different level from anything I've seen before.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Does any other clubs fans get as much scrutiny when wanting the manager out? 

Villa and Everton for Bruce and Allardyce respectively is the last I can remember. For us though, we kept being told the same drivel just like we were about Allardyce, Pardew and tbh Ashley.

What fucks me off there with Micah Richards talking about personal attacks on social media etc and saying 'if it's just about the football then that's ok but it shouldn't be personal' then why the fuck are all of his mates not just keeping it to 'football' and taking their fucking personal friendships out of the way of it all?

One rule for one.............

Also, Collymore had his card marked from day 1 too btw.

Crouch has just came out and said "I came out and defended Steve Bruce because I like him". So much for impartial punditry, sticking up for mates even if they are driving the club they're managing into oblivion. Fucking despise English PFMs getting defended to the hilt because they're English, and white and have a laugh with other English white PFMs. Just fuck off.

At least its all coming out in the wash now, the Bruce sycophants have nowhere to hide, turning to ad hominem to prevent admission of fault. Listening and reading what's been said since the Brighton game there seems to be a sea of change for all but his most avid supporters. It won't change a thing but I'm glad of it nonetheless.

Why are pundits and fans clutching their pearls over these 'personal' attacks on Bruce? :lol:

It's just part-and-parcel of the game, similar happens at every club, in every league throughout every season.

Managers, players, referees and fans get absolute dog's abuse in the majority of stadiums they play in, crowds are a cauldron of animosity and elation in equal measure.

That frenetic emotional energy is a signature element of the sport.

Now there's definitely lines that shouldn't be crossed of course (racism in all forms etc.) but calling Bruce a fat cabbage-head cunt is just typical football terrace soundings. 

Fucking hell, the amount of grief even Ayoze got in the Gallowgate back in the day for instance would make these pundits eyes water [emoji38]

Presumably this is just another example of Newcastle fans being held to an exclusively higher standard for no other reason 

I tried to think of the reasons Ashley would stick with Bruce (https://cfbfootball.com/2021/03/22/dave-black-why-stick-with-steve-bruce-5-potential-reasons-why/amp/?__twitter_impression=true) and using Ashley logic, the two times he has changed the manager we have been relegated. He stuck to his guns over Pardew and Carver and we ultimately survived. Ignore things like the improvement under Benitez and the probability that had he changed manager sooner we might have survived, in Ashley’s mind not doing anything works