Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Completely conflicted on this one as I see two options regarding Bruce:

1) Sacked - He is gone by the weekend and there is going to be one massive party at SJP come the weekend, whatever the result.  The atmosphere will be electric. 

2) Still here - Sure it will still be a cracking atmosphere but he will get loads of shit as the result will then far more significant (f we lose or play badly)    

The perverse part of me would like to see option 2, but that will not reflect that well on the new owners (as they must know the sentiment) and it will certainly not be nice for him, which I could not care about and would actually enjoy.. 

I know what I would do if I was them.  Option 1.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Think it depends how much they have listened to his mate Shearer 

There's no chance, honestly. They've done enough background research into what is good for the club, what the fans feel, Bruce's record, to know that they can't keep him. Even Shearer won't say Bruce is the right man for the job.

I think they're just wary of removing a manager and his team 5 days before a premier league match which would leave us with about 3 members of staff to do everything required. The timing of the takeover has caught them out. I do wonder if they'll be some form of announcement saying that he's leaving by mutual decision after the Spurs game tbh.

Just now, Shearergol said:

There's no chance, honestly. They've done enough background research into what is good for the club, what the fans feel, Bruce's record, to know that they can't keep him. Even Shearer won't say Bruce is the right man for the job.

I think they're just wary of removing a manager and his team 5 days before a premier league match which would leave us with about 3 members of staff to do everything required. The timing of the takeover has caught them out. I do wonder if they'll be some form of announcement saying that he's leaving by mutual decision after the Spurs game tbh.

I understand what you are saying, but there is zero benefit in having him around at all anymore. In fact him being there damages our chances for Sunday and will dampen the atmosphere.

10 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I see no reason why Bruce needs to still be in a position without the sporting director roles filled.

We know fine well GJ will carry the club through the build/procurement process. We will have continuity because GJ is the one organising it atm.

Well, to be frank Jones' managerial record is hardly stellar.

It's a case of picking your poison IF they want a sporting director to have a hand in it. 

I think they weren't expecting this to happen so fast and thus alternate plans haven't been nailed down, let's not forget the original plan was for Rafa to be in charge. 

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I understand what you are saying, but there is zero benefit in having him around at all anymore. In fact him being there damages our chances for Sunday and will dampen the atmosphere.

I guess I'm seeing the journey ahead rather than the current situation. One match isn't going to shape our future, the next 10+ years are.

Fuck him, he's done. I don't really care if it's today or next week, he's not our future, just be happy about that.

If Rangnick is interested then just get him in now. If we have to wait due to current contract he can still have a say in who the next manager is. Stay away from x, get one of y. See you in 3 months. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I guess I'm seeing the journey ahead rather than the current situation. One match isn't going to shape our future, the next 10+ years are.

Fuck him, he's done. I don't really care if it's today or next week, he's not our future, just be happy about that.

Again I agree, however my concern is he flukes a win on Sunday and then that’s him here for another couple of games

I just think we need to use the momentum and feel good the takeover bought and really try use it the next few weeks and for me Bruce stops a lot of that.

It obviously doesn't matter in terms of points, but it matters in terms of clearing the decks and keeping the momentum going.

I guess anyone who hasn't watched us in detail might not realise that having no manager is better than having Steve Bruce as manager. 

Still believe he'll be out soon though, although I don't understand what the delay is.

21 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Well, to be frank Jones' managerial record is hardly stellar

Wholeheartedly agree and not what I meant really.

I understand Jones is part of the issue whether that's because of his doing or whatever, but we stand to lose nothing shedding Bruce off with Jones still there.

In fact it'd be worse on Sunday if Bruce was there regardless of result.

Every potential decision to do with the club under Ashley I used to get massively chewed about, because you knew that there was a 90% chance of it ending in disappointment or inertia.  With this, I've never been more relaxed about anything in my life...could be today, could be tomorrow, but he's definitely getting the boot this week.  I'm far more stressed about who they might bring in to replace him tbh.