Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Bruce came in on a wave of "I'm a Geordie" and then fed into stereotypes held elsewhere of us fans being deluded, just to save his own neck. Ashley himself said the same thing, that "I'm not rich enough to compete with Man City" interview, as if any of us expected that, but he was an outsider. I do not want to get deeply into the psyche of Northern working-class areas, but its a given that you do not slag your own. Bruce also claimed his hands were tied in spite of getting way more money in transfers than Rafa ever did. Rafa had to play a season with Joselu, a Stoke reject, and then wheeler-deal to get Rondon in on loan. Bruce shipped out our best defender and then played Matt Ritchie and Jacob Murphy as full backs with actual full backs on the bench.

We have had several very poor managers over the past twenty odd years, but Bruce is also up there amongst the most unlikable. Right next to Kinnear and Souness for me. I'm old enough to remember Souness as a domineering midfielder, a fantastic been-there, done-that footballer, and Kinnear knocked it out of the park with the "c#nt" press conference, a real-life voyage into the surreal, so I probably dislike Bruce more than both of them. Pardew had some rogue charm about him, shagging players' wives and "the King eats your dinner" malarky, and Carver was clearly a drowning man out of his depth, but I really stuggle to find anything redeeming about Bruce. He's fake twat who winds me up. Today is the twenty-fifth anniversary of Howay Five Oh, our greatest result in modern times, and as a pundit at that game, supposed Newcastle fan Steve Bruce could not have looked any unhappier. I seem to remember his half time analysis focusing on Man U not getting a penalty.

16 minutes ago, Facundo Ferreyra said:

718FrCX2hnL._AC_SL1055_.jpg

That can only be a real quote  if it has an x at the end followed by you ok hun x

Was out walking the dogs and listening to a nufc podcast (back on them since the takeover) and was thinking about the press coverage.   Was imagining what it would be like if Rafa and bawbag bruce swapped places.  I mean, what if was 'local boy' bruce that had left due to lack of trust etc and it was Rafa that had replaced him and said and acted word for word they way bruce has he wouldn't have lasted 1 season before the press would have been slaughtering him and wanting him gone.

The hypocrisy/agendas these kunts have is unreal!

Edited by ScottishMagpie

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Get in Craig Hope. Brilliant stuff.

I bet him and Puke sit apart in the media seats. You can tell he loves pulling apart Edward's articles at every opportunity.

Edited by et tu brute

Bruce had one more game in the Premier League than Rafa had right?

One inherited a team in disarray and in the relegation zone and with miniscule backing left them midtable looking upwards

The other inherited a team in midtable and with reasonable backing left them in the relegation zone in total disarray.

So rests Rafa v Bruce 2016-2021

Edited by Wolfcastle

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Said on here loads but used to play footy with him and he’s sound as hell. Class player too 

My brother in law used to work with him at NUFC and speaks highly of him, he used to write for the main site too, delighted he’s doing well for himself.

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Said on here loads but used to play footy with him and he’s sound as hell. Class player too 

Likewise, the clips of him on sky has been fantastic and spot on. Fantastic to see parts of the media actually sticking up for the supporters and club. Funny its those with zero actual insight or just buddies with Bruce peddling the garbage. Been a nice, know who your friends are experience lol.