Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

I just associate West Brom (a) with managerial changes.

I think Kinnear's heart attack was on the morning of a match there, then Hughton was sacked after one too.

Aye, it’s an actual thing...

Hughton 2010

Mick McCarthy 2012

AVB 2012

Di Matteo 2012

Di Canio 2013

Ferguson’s last game for Man U 2013

Roberto Mancini 2013

Hughton (again) 2014

Craig Shakespeare 2017

I'm not going to press play on that, because I know I'll just get pissed off. But who's on Soccer Saturday now? Is it still Aw' Merse, Skitty Nicholas, Phil Beak and Libertarian Matt? I dont know how anyone chooses to watch it, they got so embarrassing I couldnt stand the constant cringe.

It's Sherwood so don't worry, feel free to watch, s'all good.

I just associate West Brom (a) with managerial changes.

I think Kinnear's heart attack was on the morning of a match there, then Hughton was sacked after one too.

Aye, it’s an actual thing...

Hughton 2010

Mick McCarthy 2012

AVB 2012

Di Matteo 2012

Di Canio 2013

Ferguson’s last game for Man U 2013

Roberto Mancini 2013

Hughton (again) 2014

Craig Shakespeare 2017

Yes

I'm not going to press play on that, because I know I'll just get pissed off. But who's on Soccer Saturday now? Is it still Aw' Merse, Skitty Nicholas, Phil Beak and Libertarian Matt? I dont know how anyone chooses to watch it, they got so embarrassing I couldnt stand the constant cringe.

It's Sherwood so don't worry, feel free to watch, s'all good.

:lol:  Not a fucking chance.

I don't understand how he's even a pundit, you hear lots of players who were able to give insightful analysis in post-match interviews after a game, are we sure he's one of the best we've got?  "Well, this is a complex situation which requires some thoughtful discussion. Paul, you've spent the best part of three decades turning your brain into Swiss cheese with a steady diet of booze, cocaine and head injuries and, let's face it, you were hardly fucking Oscar Wilde in the first place - what do you think?"

Merson's suggestion was to put Ritchie - yes, the notably faint-hearted and gutless left-winger Matt Ritchie - in at number 10 when the fans were back in: "and then see who's the coward."

:) :thup: Pundit.

Merson's suggestion was to put Ritchie - yes, the notably faint-hearted and gutless left-winger Matt Ritchie - in at number 10 when the fans were back in: "and then see who's the coward."

:) :thup: Pundit.

Its ridiculous, to think and then say that Ritchie would be scared to play number 10 shows how much Merson and his fellow pundits have their head in the sand, only to pop up for a few hundred quid for a lazy soundbite

Such pundits are becoming parodies of themselves but I do wonder if Bruce has pictures of them naked or something (not something I try to think about mind). I’m sure Bruce has genuinely convinced some people he’s a nice bloke, but I really doubt he has enough time on his hands to be bessies with them all. I doubt many of them really know him. Simon Jordan actually said he didn’t speak to Bruce for four years after he ditched Palace (he is a nice bloke though) and still weirdly sticks up for him. The reluctance to criticise an imbecile and terrible manager is just a bit weird to be honest.

Merson’s harmless enough. People getting annoyed with anything he says are making the critical mistake of taking him seriously; once a season he might say something salient, but I find it usually amusing to see what he’s going to come out with next.

That cock spot Richard Keys on the other hand is totally intolerable. He knows full well what he’s doing, these dorks like Paul Merson and Tim Sherwood are just amusing.

When Bruce eventually goes the fans will get the blame for forcing him out, Bruce will do nothing to dispel this myth just like he did with the social media abuse he recieved off every single Newcastle fan.

Merson’s harmless enough. People getting annoyed with anything he says are making the critical mistake of taking him seriously; once a season he might say something salient, but I find it usually amusing to see what he’s going to come out with next.

That cock spot Richard Keys on the other hand is totally intolerable. He knows full well what he’s doing, these dorks like Paul Merson and Tim Sherwood are just amusing.

Merson’s a selfish wanker, fleeced the majority of his friends over the years. Yeah he’s had his addiction issues but he’s proper fucked some good people over. Cunt of the highest degree.

Yeah I try not to see it as a big issue. It’s more weird. These guys are pretty irrelevant and it’s uncommon for fans to be singing their praises for their punditry. I agree about Keys also but he’s far and away the biggest laughing stock of them all and widely considered an awful bloke.

Did Merson actually say in that clip that Ritchie should play number 10 in front of a crowd but then follow it up with Bruce shouldn't play him for what he did?

How the fuck do these twats keep getting contract renewals at Sky.

When has Merson ever said anything that has gone viral with people saying "wow, he's absolutely spot on, and that's a great piece of insight"

I mean why on Earth would you bin off the others (correct decision) and not him?! He can't even pronounce players names correctly most of the time which is a basic requirement for a TV pundit?

Did Aston Villa fans get accused of forcing him out? Was any of the stick they gave out harsh, disgusting etc. being as they were doing it online as well as actually in the stadium (something Bruce has not experienced a lick of here).

They certainly didn't get accused of expectations, 'what do they want?' etc. Why?  Why is it okay for Villa to want rid of a failing manager and to give him stick including actual real-life stick but not us? 

If he wasn't good enough for a team in the championship and that was largely fine why's he being defended to the maximum now when he's ever more out of his depth.

Because we’re a shitty little northern town full of thick Jordys who don’t know our place.

Bingo.

The same reason Sunderland fans DID get a bit of stick for hounding him out. (despite the upturn in results straight after he left, much like Villa)

Such pundits are becoming parodies of themselves but I do wonder if Bruce has pictures of them naked or something (not something I try to think about mind). I’m sure Bruce has genuinely convinced some people he’s a nice bloke, but I really doubt he has enough time on his hands to be bessies with them all. I doubt many of them really know him. Simon Jordan actually said he didn’t speak to Bruce for four years after he ditched Palace (he is a nice bloke though) and still weirdly sticks up for him. The reluctance to criticise an imbecile and terrible manager is just a bit weird to be honest.

There’s a Trump/Merson/Keys pisstape somewhere

Keep seeing people say that Ashley will only sack him if we go into the bottom 3. Maybe there's a clause in his contract that he can be sacked with no/reduced payoff if it happens while we're in the relegation zone?

I think a defeat here would only force a change if we concede 3+ goals. A narrow defeat and he'll be fine. Even if we go into the relegation zone he'll probably still get the next game to sort it.