Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

Don’t at all believe the sports science thing about 3 days a week. Even if not exerting themselves there is plenty of work that can be done on the training ground when in the middle of a relegation battle

Aye. I'd be surprised if there were any sports scientists at this fucking club. It'll just be big Derek with his magic sponge.

That BBC article of Bruce doing his 'utmost' to find source of leak' sums the man up. Instead of looking for who said what, which is now irrelevant as it can't be changed, maybe trying to right the wrongs highlighted by both the leak of info and the state of the team in general would be the more useful action. That of course requires responsibility and not this finger-pointing attitude that has defined his time here.

Dumb fuck is missing the point.  Yeah, we all know players can get a bit heated on the training pitch and a bit of verbals and jostling but that's between two players in the mix of it so to speak.... he's the fucking manager for fucks sake!!  I'm sure managers and players disagree and have 'it out' but he marched out to seek out Ritchie and shoulder barged him! 

Reeks of when Pardew head butted that guy.  Breaking under the pressure just like the king!

That BBC article of Bruce doing his 'utmost' to find source of leak' sums the man up. Instead of looking for who said what, which is now irrelevant as it can't be changed, maybe trying to right the wrongs highlighted by both the leak of info and the state of the team in general would be the more useful action. That of course requires responsibility and not this finger-pointing attitude that has defined his time here.

Hadn’t put thought to that, any finger pointing is surely only going to cause a deeper rift between him and the players.

Instead he should be getting the whole squad together, letting whoever or the senior pros have their voice and sort out a plan to keep us all up.

Bruce strikes me as someone who has to have control, the big I am - any power in dressing room from senior pros will have to be on his proviso, so seems the type of ego unlikely to want to seed any control in bothering to listen to any complaints.

It’s a bit of a joke, as we don’t have particularly strong leaders on the pitch anyway, not from what I’m ever seeing. Last half against Southampton we showed some balls, but usually we’re soft as shit. Shelvey is forever flapping his arms and pointing when we concede, only ever seen Lascelles and Ritchie show any bollocks about them.

It’s probably amateur hour when it comes to playing for Bruce in comparison to like Hassenhuttl or Nuno, but squad themselves need to take a look. More than enough of them have been shite for long enough, no need to be big time bastards and simply moan and point the finger.

Exactly. Just another allegation about how difficult a job this is, or how sensationalised Newcastle news is, to try and demonstrate how hard done by he is... It's all bollocks. Just fucking shut up and do a better job of being a manager.

“I’ve said it many times it’s the accumulation of points” :lol: this guy is something else. Pathetic questions too

Aye, and the number of times he repeats the same fucking answer to completely different questions is also an indictment of how much the cunt is squirming

Yeah, what came through there was how he kept coming back to the same points again and again. The mole leaking from inside has clearly narked him, and the training programme which seems absolutely bizarre by modern standards. I wouldn't be surprised if he organises meet ups in the pub after training sessions with a couple of his favoured players.

Why would you get so wound up by the criticism unless it's true?

Just waiting for Steve Carpetrash to write his next blockbuster crime novel. Where the evil journalist Craig Humper keeps laying down lies and accusations on the fantastic Steve Barnes.

Only for Humper to get mysteriously murdered and as the good Samaritan Bruce Barnes is, he will will find the murderer himself and bring him justice.

And there will obviously be a traitor in the team too, possibly the murderer.

This has been happening before Jones ever came in, take the ASM story from last year as a point.

The leak about Darlow is interesting because the only people who would have discussed dropping players and team selection were the 3 Steve’s, maybe Lascelles might be included but I doubt it.

I reckon the players know he’s been leaking stuff to his preferred reporters and in turn they have no issue letting the likes of Hope know about outrageous training ground incidents.

It looks like a situation that is beyond repair.

Even if that sports scientist thing was true, can the players not attend for tactical meetings?

Weird how we’re the only PL club that has this advice from sports scientists.

yeah i had that issue too.

he's gonna have to make changes against wba so he (or jones) really needs to drum the new system/shape into them.

Just go Bruce - I would rather get relegated with no manger than you.

Ehh? Where’s the logic in that?

Would rather stay up without Bruce, but defiantly want him stood there hands in pockets when Fulham send us down.

Third club he’s taken down after Birmingham and Hull! Relegated three different clubs, he can shove his 20 odd years and 500 games up his pile ridden arsehole.

Just hit me that he's going to use the international break excuse of not being able to work with all the players, "its been difficult".

Despite having that opportunity now, in his dream job, that's he's over-paid and over-employed to be in - but instead would rather just do nothing.

If the club had anything about them we should be sticking a ban on players joining up with National teams like Klopp is.

Not exactly like our squad is littered with international players as is, at least fit ones, but don’t need Dubravka heading off and getting crocked or coming back with the cuoof and isolating.

Dubravka, Slovenia

Jamal Lewis, N Ireland

Fraser, Scotland

Hendrick, Clark still getting games for Ireland?

Joelinton, Brazilian Paralympic