Steve Bruce (now unemployed)

Yorkie

howay, have a heart guys. people getting a chance to go to a home game after more than a year. get to see wilson and willock in action for the first time. ASM in action.

you really cant have a go at those wanting to attend.

i would have gone as i qualify for the ballot but will return my ticket if i get one as it doesnt feel the same going without my kids.

16 minutes ago, huss9 said:

howay, have a heart guys. people getting a chance to go to a home game after more than a year. get to see wilson and willock in action for the first time. ASM in action.

i would have gone as i qualify for the ballot but will return my ticket if i get one as it doesnt feel the same going without my kids.

giphy-2.gif

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Why? 

Because of the abuse we gave him after yesterdays interview, currently have a Newcastle fan on that has "a lot of time for Bruce"

8 minutes ago, Ben said:

Because of the abuse we gave him after yesterdays interview, currently have a Newcastle fan on that has "a lot of time for Bruce"

:lol: I only know what was said on here but I'd love to know why Newcastle fans are 'cowardly' for being irritated at the manager: only putting his head above the parapet the moment the firing has finished, patronising the fanbase, attempting to bury expectations, digging up old arguments unprompted, and slapping his own back in the process. 

57 minutes ago, huss9 said:

Nope.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: I only know what was said on here but I'd love to know why Newcastle fans are 'cowardly' for being irritated at the manager: only putting his head above the parapet the moment the firing has finished, patronising the fanbase, attempting to bury expectations, digging up old arguments unprompted, and slapping his own back in the process. 

The stupid wanker went on national radio and spun the shittest cliche going about the supporters of the team that he is the supposed coach of.  If this is the narrative that he's going with then I choose to believe that this overfilled charity bag took his dog to a fireworks display. Fat Catherine wheel loving cunt.

39 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't forget constant digs at the previous manager.

Fan protests may force me to leave, says Bruce

Steve Bruce has thrown his future as the Newcastle United head coach into doubt after suggesting that he could be forced out by supporter protests.

Bruce insists that he retains the full backing of the club’s owner, Mike Ashley, but refused to confirm whether he will remain in charge next season. He revealed this year that he has received death threats from online trolls, in addition to a barrage of abuse from fans unhappy at what has been a season of struggle for the club.

Bruce will face fans in the dugout for the first time in 14 months when Newcastle host Sheffield United in their final home game of the season next Wednesday. He suggested that he would consider his future if he felt that the abuse aimed at him began to hamper the performance of the team.

“When you get battered from pillar to post you need some reassurance,” he said.

“I thought the easy thing would be to say I am not enjoying this any more and I will walk away. It [my future] is for others to decide. Most clubs will have discussions and review the season. I am a football person and it is still too early to retire. But that is a conversation other people will have.

“We are always one dip away from that situation [with the fans] and it is something I will have to think very long and hard about. You have to accept criticism, it is part and parcel of it, but I think at times it has been unjust. It’s difficult managing the expectation that is obviously still there.”

The 60-year-old, who was appointed by his home-town club in July 2019, will hold an end of season review into Newcastle’s Covid-19-hit campaign with Ashley and Lee Charnley, the chief executive, this month.

Bruce’s side have lost only two of their past ten games, with Friday’s 4-2 win away to Leicester City easing any lingering relegation fears.

In an interview with talkSPORT, Bruce added: “I wanted to batten down the hatches and make sure we are safe this season. The vast majority of people you speak to on the street wish me the best of luck and tell me to take no notice of the rubbish.

“I’ve always said to judge me when I have a fully fit squad. Mike Ashley has been steadfast in his support and when you are up against it, you need that. As a manager, that is what you want.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/fan-protests-may-force-me-to-leave-says-bruce-n9fb9jp6m

Get the protests started lads.

The nerve of this cunt. You would think after finishing on a high he would have the sense to let it lie and bask in some good headlines, but no, he's used it as a base to launch an attack on fans the fat cretin. 

On 10/05/2021 at 18:16, Dancing Brave said:

"I am delighted we chose Graeme and he has helped us enormously but the other staff, the two Steves, Steve Harper, Ben Dawson - they have helped enormously.

Harper - :okay:

'Sorry Steve, you can't be one of the Steves.'

14 minutes ago, TRon said:

Get the protests started lads.

The nerve of this cunt. You would think after finishing on a high he would have the sense to let it lie and bask in some good headlines, but no, he's used it as a base to launch an attack on fans the fat cretin. 

Let's go lads.

giphy-3.gif

5 hours ago, neesy111 said:

Not too sure about that on the 50k, I know quite a few ST's who didn't even bother trying to get tickets and are giving up.  

Yep my dad for one. Had a season ticket since the days our season ticket numbers only numbered a few thousand and he was eligible to apply but said he couldn't be bothered.

I think people might be surprised at the crowd numbers next season. A big chunk of the crowd go purely out of habit and have done for years. It's been broken now. If it's still the Ashley/Bruce shit show, numbers will be sub 40k. They were heading that way until Ashley shit himself and issued 10k free tickets to plug the gaps.

Is there any other manager in the league that whinges about 'fans expectations' as much as him?

Moyes might have earlier in the season, but he's had enough good results to not have to fall back on it any more.

Don't even recall Mourinho bitching about Spurs fans as much as our resident gimp does. Arteta might have had the odd one this season perhaps?

It's a shame that those behind the wonderful sackpardew.com don't have the same gumption to go after Bruce, just purely from a facts-checking perspective. I can cope with him being shit at his job, but what I don't accept is the never-ending lies and exaggerations that he is never challenged on, which the media just repeat and thus the fans of other clubs then in turn think about us. And yes, I do care what other fans think of our club, it's our reputation. And when our reputation is based on  this cunt's bullshit, it boils my piss.