Premier League punditry

How has Rio Ferdinand not got a mention yet? Absolute arsehole.

Arsehole indeed. I wish he'd stuck in at the boxing so after we'd seen him defeat Steve Cram and Keith Lemon in some daft celebrity carry on we could've watched him get battered by the shittest Fury brother.

I was really rooting for some of the female pundits to come in and shake up the old boys network with some fresh opinions not linked to who they knew or have played for.

But fuck me, most of the ones I’ve heard so far (granted on TalkSport :lol:) have been even more of the same trite opinions and cliches and lack of any research. I’m sorry, I can’t remember any names but I think Jill Scott might have been one of them.

I obviously need to branch out and listen to more female pundits but it’s not been a good start at all.

Karen Carney is another, just awful.

How has Rio Ferdinand not got a mention yet? Absolute arsehole.

Arsehole indeed. I wish he'd stuck in at the boxing so after we'd seen him defeat Steve Cram and Keith Lemon and in some daft celebrity carry on we could've watched him get battered by the shittest Fury brother.

:lol: :lol:

All of the BT lot are fucking shite aside from Humphrey regarding us even though he's not a pundit. Hargreaves is ok from what I can remember though tbf.

Hargreaves seems to talk a lot of sense with none of the over the top nonsense that seems to be part and parcel of the ex-pro punditry gig. Pretty much the way he played football in fairness.

Guest neesy111

Not technically a pundit but I don't mind Jonathan Pearce like

Nah, nah no way. He’s appalling. A right sanctimonious fucker.

This.

Pearce commented during the Palace/Fulham game that there's been a lot of talk about how it's time for Palace to go on to the next level. Then he followed that by saying 'That's what Charlton fans were thinking and look what happened to them'. Aye lads, us, Palace and one or two others will just go on making the numbers up eternally.

Souness.  Just a bitter old cunt who’s clearly jealous of these young lads with their careers still ahead of them.  Offers zero tactical insight.  Doesn’t like saying anything positive unless it’s an obviously great bit of play.  Comes across as the bully who thinks he’s the hardest in the studio. 

Then there’s the fact that, at every given opportunity, he cries about how hard Newcastle fans made the job for him when he was our manager. When in reality he inherited one of the best squads we’ve ever had, fell out with our best talent, and somehow managed to downgrade every single position he signed a player in.  I don’t care if he was a good midfielder 700 years ago, he’s got no place talking about modern football and he’s a complete arsehole.

Jamie getting his pissy knickers in a twist there.

Just demonstrates the extent to which some of these precious little c***s get away with spouting utter s*** week-in/week-out without being challenged.

He came across dreadfully during that exchange :lol: Proper spoilt little prick.

Thought Mark Hughes legit came across well yesterday.  Didn't say much in any great depth, but didn't produce the cliché reem others default to.

He’s the least odious PFM, imo.

Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Callum Wilson. The difficult thing is, you were saying earlier it's now about results, but if Steve Bruce resorts back to defensive, no shots on target, and gets results, people will question it, saying they want to see expansive free-flowing football. So can Steve Bruce win? He's been very unlucky with injuries, we know that, but Newcastle fans - and listen, we've both talked about Newcastle...

Surely, though, three, four or five games ago, that was the situation. If your remit is to stay in the Premier League, and I don't know what Steve Bruce's is, then you're looking at staying in the Premier League. So, if he goes back to no shots on target and the least possession, it's about staying up. However they do that, it doesn't matter if you defend for 89 minutes and score on the counter-attack.

Some words in a row from Robert Savage. Decipher at your peril.

Saint-Maximin, Almiron, Callum Wilson. The difficult thing is, you were saying earlier it's now about results, but if Steve Bruce resorts back to defensive, no shots on target, and gets results, people will question it, saying they want to see expansive free-flowing football. So can Steve Bruce win? He's been very unlucky with injuries, we know that, but Newcastle fans - and listen, we've both talked about Newcastle...

Surely, though, three, four or five games ago, that was the situation. If your remit is to stay in the Premier League, and I don't know what Steve Bruce's is, then you're looking at staying in the Premier League. So, if he goes back to no shots on target and the least possession, it's about staying up. However they do that, it doesn't matter if you defend for 89 minutes and score on the counter-attack.

Some words in a row from Robert Savage. Decipher at your peril.

Now I have a headache