WBA 0-0 Newcastle United - 07/03/2021

Disco

This game was our Bournemouth result of 2016.

One bad result we just won’t be able to recover from.

Well, Bournemouth was the end of McLaren.

Can't see Ashley fucking this cretin off now though.

Not sure I'm arsed now anyway. We're going down, he might as well stay here.

Watching the game today was soul-destroying.

We're so far behind other teams in the Premier League it's unreal.

We're not even making up the numbers in a semi-respectable way, rather we're actively run to be cannon fodder each year.

If we don't go down this year, we will the next, there's little point in even rooting to stay up when the future is just going to be this.

He deserves to have the relegation on his CV tbh.

SJP was toxic that day. This is when having fans in helps, Bruce has been getting away with murder all season with this tripe.

Agree.

Can't see Ashley f***ing this cretin off now though.

Agree.

Birmingham, Hull, Newcastle  :whistle: Good manager, top bloke, doing a good job, fans expect too much etc etc

He acts like he just picks 11 players in some sort of formation and can't effect anything other than that. If we lose/draw or whatever it's never something he can fix it's down to the players.

He's fucking oblivious that he's the problem and needs to go

The time for sacking the useless bag of shite is long past, we all knew it a long time ago but once again got dismissed by the people that run the club and labelled as deluded by the media. I'm tired now, real tired of football and supporting NUFC, it would be easy for it to be so much more but nobody's interested and yet another relegation will likely kill off any chance of us being anything like competitive any time soon. The fact we'll have had the possibility of ownership by people who could have made us a global power twice, once again snatched away through some fuckwit barrow-boy's incompetence and greed, is more than sickening. We are a nothing club with a parasitic owner, that's all football is now, it's pointless. Along with all the other shit that's gone on in this last year - lockdowns, shit at work, friends and loved ones being ill and nearly dying from covid, idiots in world politics, everything, I don't think I can be bothered anymore, I need to ignore sports because the sham illusion of it is a constant lie. Time for damage limitation in the form of fucking it all off I think.

The time for sacking the useless bag of shite is long past, we all knew it a long time ago but once again got dismissed by the people that run the club and labelled as deluded by the media. I'm tired now, real tired of football and supporting NUFC, it would be easy for it to be so much more but nobody's interested and yet another relegation will likely kill off any chance of us being anything like competitive any time soon. The fact we'll have had the possibility of ownership by people who could have made us a global power twice, once again snatched away through some fuckwit barrow-boy's incompetence and greed, is more than sickening. We are a nothing club with a parasitic owner, that's all football is now, it's pointless. Along with all the other shit that's gone on in this last year - lockdowns, shit at work, friends and loved ones being ill and nearly dying from covid, idiots in world politics, everything, I don't think I can be bothered anymore, I need to ignore sports because the sham illusion of it is a constant lie. Time for damage limitation in the form of fucking it all off I think.

Relegation again, should mean thousands abandoning the club en masse (not going to games), but you just know that when fans are properly allowed back in, there will be 45000+ there.  Those supporters have the club they deserve.

Watching the game today was soul-destroying.

We're so far behind other teams in the Premier League it's unreal.

We're not even making up the numbers in a semi-respectable way, rather we're actively run to be cannon fodder each year.

If we don't go down this year, we will the next, there's little point in even rooting to stay up when the future is just going to be this.

You are so right but what a lot of people don't realise is that we were one of the worst teams last year.  Norwich for example were far superior to us.  We are getting what we deserve with the worst manager ever in the league.  I just pray for a miracle and Wilson, Almiron and St Max come and save us.

The time for sacking the useless bag of s**** is long past, we all knew it a long time ago but once again got dismissed by the people that run the club and labelled as deluded by the media. I'm tired now, real tired of football and supporting NUFC, it would be easy for it to be so much more but nobody's interested and yet another relegation will likely kill off any chance of us being anything like competitive any time soon. The fact we'll have had the possibility of ownership by people who could have made us a global power twice, once again snatched away through some fuckwit barrow-boy's incompetence and greed, is more than sickening. We are a nothing club with a parasitic owner, that's all football is now, it's pointless. Along with all the other s*** that's gone on in this last year - lockdowns, s*** at work, friends and loved ones being ill and nearly dying from covid, idiots in world politics, everything, I don't think I can be bothered anymore, I need to ignore sports because the sham illusion of it is a constant lie. Time for damage limitation in the form of f***ing it all off I think.

Relegation again, should mean thousands abandoning the club en masse (not going to games), but you just know that when fans are properly allowed back in, there will be 45000+ there.  Those supporters have the club they deserve.

They will have the manager they deserve as well as I can see Ashley keeping Bruce next season.

I'm at the point where he deserves to be stood there on last day of season explaining how he relegated us but just know they will probably keep him and he will happily stay.

A lot of chat in commentary about being bad result for WBA but given fixtures coming up not good for us blowing chance at a win there! Obviously loss would’ve been terrible, but big opportunity for three points gone. And they were really s****, not a battling relegation zone side.

This is a key, key point. If that had been a typical Allardyce side full of fight and causing us problems by playing the game their way, not letting us settle on the ball etc then you know what? I would see the logic in saying it's a point gained, given our own injuries and somewhat fragile confidence.

But it wasn't- they were gash, much worse than I thought they would be, absolutely they were there for the taking. It's beyond pathetic, cowardly actually, that we didn't have a decent stab at winning that.