Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 12/03/21 @ 8pm - Live on BT

Got to get rid of the current system with the players we have available as it doesn't suit them. I'd be tempted to go 4-4-2 with Frazer and Murphy (wingers), Manquillo and Dummett (full backs), Hayden and Willock (midfield) and Carrol and Gayle up front ( :undecided:  but better than Joelington up top). Don't know if Grealish is playing as he is the one that makes Villa tick and runs the show every time I see him play.

Think we will keep the same system and same players as we did on Sunday though and meekly lose by a couple (expecially if Grealish plays). 

Needs to stick Murphy in for Hendrick and shift Fraser down the middle, or even Joe.

There’s no excuse to be starting Hendrick again after another nothing performance. Didn’t even do anything to play s***!

Bruce bottled Sunday having that extra man in midfield and taking a man off the front line. Wouldn’t have been so bad if we pressed and imposed ourselves, and made use of four in central midfield but it was just same old square pegs, round holes.

He’s totally lost and inept of winning football matches moment he’s missing individual key players. However we set up will never suit or match how we actually play - no joined up thinking from him in formation, players roles and instructions.

Typical that all of our injuries have happened to our good players and not Hendrick.

He isn’t just a shite footballer but a complete and utter coward and not the type of player you want in a relegation fight. Not that we have much “fight” in us mind.

0-2.

Talk down here Grealish may be on the bench depending on how this weeks training goes, he's only started jogging again and with Villa comfortable in the table they are a lot less likely to take a risk with him.

Playing for a 0-0 is about as best as we can hope for. We’re toothless up front.

Part of me just wants the team to crash and burn because I want Steve Bruce to have another relegation on his cv. But actually when I think of it, he’s going to have a list of excuses why it happened, none of which “were his fault” - injuries, Covid, the fixture list, social media abuse, a media agenda etc etc.

Things which only conspired against him of course, not the teams who will pip us to safety.

The idea of him slithering away from any criticism makes my blood boil. He’s the worst of them, someone who plays the Geordie card but actually despises his roots.

I’m struggling to comprehend how he has so many “friends” in terms of ex players and media folk. How can they not see through his absolute self pitying horseshit persona he’s cultivated.

And then I remember “football people” aren’t all that bright really.