Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 12/03/21 @ 8pm - Live on BT

Gayle for Hendrick as the only change is grim.

what is even grimmer, is it seems like we're keeping the same system with Gayle on the right hand side or the false 9 role. Mentioned it earlier this week that the system does not suit the current players, you now have to seriously question Jones also if he can't see that and doesn't have another way of playing.

If he’s the one picking the team I agree.

I agree that he may not be picking the team, but it's his system and that system is not suited to the current players available.

Should’ve ditched the system as soon as Wilson was injured. To be running it now without the other 2 is absolutely insane.

Aye. It was refreshing at first because it was a brand new and effective set up, a world away from what had come before and - arguably - for the first time in 1.5 seasons, it showed evidence of some practical thought from the dugout regarding an attacking gameplan. But it was all about Manquillo and Wilson. We've already seen Gayle is utterly incapable of playing that wide striker role so surely to God it won't happen again.

what is even grimmer, is it seems like we're keeping the same system with Gayle on the right hand side or the false 9 role. Mentioned it earlier this week that the system does not suit the current players, you now have to seriously question Jones also if he can't see that and doesn't have another way of playing.

Surely it will be JoeL on the right and Gayle up top?

Surely it will be JoeL on the right and Gayle up top?

Probably, but with this setup I wouldn't discount it.

Is Manquillo still injured?

Anyway, unless their lot have been on the drink all day they’ll have plenty to see off the fat c*** in the dugout

Nah he’s fucking not another example of Bruce’s incompetence.

How the fuck can you pick Krafth over Manquillo, Bruce is clueless he really is. Krafth is fucking terrible offers nothing in either defence or attack.

Laughable that Krafth keeps his place. If Manquillo isn't fit then fair enough, but when you're as bad as Krafth, you just put a square peg there. The lad can't do anything at all. Can't pass, can't cross, isn't quick, can't stop a cross from even the most limited of wingers.

The team's just in a horrible state, like. Think there's literally about two - maybe three - players there in that entire squad who I'd be sorry if they left. We're in such a mess with contracts as well like. The three missing attackers are all good lads but don't really work together, really.

If we survive this season we're gonna be in exactly the same position again in the next one if nowt changes.

He will play Gayle at outside right again  -just watch!

Even if he's playing in the centre role, if you look at last week when he came on (and under instruction by Jones on the touchline before he did), he spent more time in his own half than he did in the West Brom half

If he actually plays Gayle as an out and out striker it would be a decent change IMO. He'll give us more of a goal threat, and I doubt it will make much difference to Joelinton's contribution.

If he actually plays Gayle as an out and out striker it would be a decent change IMO. He'll give us more of a goal threat, and I doubt it will make much difference to Joelinton's contribution.

I don't think he will play as an out and out striker, it will be the same role as previous. Also Gayle totally relies on service especially from the wing. He's not going to get any on the right hand side with Joelington and Krath that's for sure.