Players We Saw Way Too Much Of

Astroblack

18 hours ago, Beth said:

He wasn't as bad as some make out on here but being an ex mackem and ginger he was always onto a loser.

After scoring 'that' goal and 'that goal celebration he should never have been signed the horrible ginger mackem c***. i booed him on his debut and booed him every game.

48 minutes ago, Boo Boy said:

After scoring 'that' goal and 'that goal celebration he should never have been signed the horrible ginger mackem c***. i booed him on his debut and booed him every game.

I'd never have guessed, Boo Boy.

17 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Went at the right time. Not often we sign a player in their peak, we got the 3 of the best years of his career. He’d just turned 30 when he left. Was probably the right time for him to go regardless of the fact Souness was the one that finished him.

You missed da joke.

On 14/04/2021 at 05:02, HTT II said:

Apparently Mike Williamson was first in last out and the hardest working player at the club during his time here, I wasn’t a fan of him at all, but as Gateshead FC manager I’ve spoken to him/met him a few times and he comes across really well and saw his time at NUFC as something he was immensely proud to be part of. He’s been coaching my boy these last few days along with Ben Clark and Matty Pattison at Gateshead’s Easter footy camp. He did play far too many games for us, however, than his ‘talent’ belied...

I always respected him for his attitude and workrate. Bet he’s a good role model for the bairn.

But yeah, he got far more appearances than any serious PL club should’ve allowed.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

On 14/04/2021 at 06:07, LV said:

Oh yeah, Obertan too. I’d erased him from my memory. Shocking. Fergie pulled a huge fast one on us with him. Think he phoned up our manager at the time (?Pardew) and highly recommended him and owld Pards’ ego fell for it 

Obertan was comically bad. :lol:

Obertan always reminded me of a Xenomorph and seeing him sprinting down the wing (without the ball) had all the grace of one scurrying up an air duct. Was like a Xenomorph birthed from Wayne Fereday.

Kevin Dillon was my first experience of someone we saw way too much of for some completely indicipherable reason.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Colback and Butt, I have a long standing aversion to immobile central midfielders, and those two are prime examples. Butt was worse in a way because he got a pass from the managers on account of having a great pedigree with Man U, despite the fact they flogged him to us as a dead horse. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just came in to say Obertan. I'll never forget his debut where he got the ball and you could feel the energy from the crowd, excited to see their new man. He ran the ball straight out of play. Nobody was within 10 foot of him.

I hated Obertan too. He had an inflated opinion of himself and was angry at not getting picked. He was lucky he got picked at all. A proper manager would've rather chucked Hatem's owld undies onto the field rather than play Obertan or Sammy Ameobi.

19 hours ago, Froggy said:

Just came in to say Obertan. I'll never forget his debut where he got the ball and you could feel the energy from the crowd, excited to see their new man. He ran the ball straight out of play. Nobody was within 10 foot of him.

Vs Blackburn [emoji38]

Yep. :lol: They were knackered and he had 4/5 chances to either lay a goal on a plate or score himself and he fluffed them all. I initially put it down to being nervous on his debut, but that was probably his best game.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Yep. :lol: They were knackered and he had 4/5 chances to either lay a goal on a plate or score himself and he fluffed them all. I initially put it down to being nervous on his debut, but that was probably his best game.

I just watched the whole 'highlight' reel on Youtube with the backing track of Tinchy Stryder. So good. [emoji38]

Edited by Rocker

I remember his debut for us v Arsenal. Sagna seeing a loose ball out for a throw-in near their corner-flag. Obertan randomly sprinted 50 yards diagonally from the other flank when just about everyone else were about to set up for their throw-in, played it off Sagna and won the throw-in our way. Massive ovation, his career peaked at that.

Edited by Optimistic Nut