Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

The league looks so much better for now.  Liking the look of our goal difference compared to the others in the relegation scrap as well.

see what it's like after man u, liverpool, chelski and arsenal...the goal difference that is

best we'll get from those games is a point, if we're lucky, league might look very difference by then

The league looks so much better for now.  Liking the look of our goal difference compared to the others in the relegation scrap as well.

see what it's like after man u, liverpool, chelski and arsenal...the goal difference that is

best we'll get from those games is a point, if we're lucky, league might look very difference by then

i like the difference way you use words mojo75... :snod:

:lol:  yes!  half cut...the road to good spellage

:lol:  yes!  half cut...the road to good spillage

fyp.

:lol:  yes!  half cut...the road to good spillage

fyp.

25ml steps ahead of you bonny lad!!!

A lot of the teams around us also have those same teams left to play.  Also you might be surprised at just how much we might have to lose to drop down into the bottom three.

Six games ago we were 12th in the league but only two points above the bottom three teams.  We then went on a run of five games without a win which gained us only two points, yet we were still 15th and one point above the bottom three.  Now our first win in 7 and we're in a better position then we were before the poor run, four points clear.

A lot of the teams around us also have those same teams left to play.  You might be surprised at just how much we might have to lose to drop down into the bottom three.

Before the West Brom game we'd only taken 2 points from our previous 5 games.  We started that run 12th in the table but only 2 points above the bottom three.  We ended it 15th, still a point above the bottom 3.

yesterday has increased my confidence a little, i have to say...we appear to be able score which a few other teams can't say, trouble is as i see it (like last season) we have a set of fixtures that could combine into a long bad run if you see what i mean

oh, that and the fact that :kinnear: is the worst manager in the league...sad as it is to say it if he can't return i think we'll stay up

yesterday has increased my confidence a little, i have to say...we appear to be able score which a few other teams can't say, trouble is as i see it (like last season) we have a set of fixtures that could combine into a long bad run if you see what i mean

oh, that and the fact that :kinnear: is the worst manager in the league...sad as it is to say it if he can't return i think we'll stay up

But if he didn't return who would manage us?  Hughton?, he lost 5 games straight when he took over.  Fair enough we won yesterday but that team was picked and trained by Kinnear.  The man's not the best, but surely you realise his record is infinitely better then Hughton's.  Had he not come in and we'd continued the way we were going we'd already be mathematically relegated.

But if he didn't return who would manage us?  Hughton?, he lost 5 games straight when he took over.  Fair enough we won yesterday but that team was picked and trained by Kinnear.  The man's not the best, but surely you realise his record is infinitely better then Hughton's.  Had he not come in and we'd continued the way we were going we'd already be mathematically relegated.

christ you rate kinnear that high huh? 

I don't rate him highly no, its just a fact that his record is infinitely better then Hughton.  Hughton lost every game when he was in charge, we were hopeless and even lost to the Spuds.  If that had continued we'd be relegated by now.  Kinnear might not be good, but at least we've gained points under him and moved out of the bottom three.  You should remember that we were 2nd bottom when he arrived with far less injuries then we have now).

Guest Howaythetoon

You can't really condemn Hughton for those defeats really, the players were demoralised after the loss of KK to such an extent it wouldn't have mattered who was in charge, we'd have still lost the games we did and to be fair results haven't exactly been great under Kinnear either have they. I do agree however that with Hughton in charge for more games, we'd have kept losing.

I'm sure Keegan leaving had a big impact on the players but I just don't think Hughton was capable of bringing them out of it.  Like you say if Kinnear hadn't come in we'd probably have kept losing for at least a while longer.  Either way I certainly wouldn't want Kinnear to go leaving Hughton in charge like mrmojorisin75 is wishing for.  To me that's an amazing risk to take, there's nothing what so ever to say that Hughton would do any better, in fact there's some evidence to say he'd do worse.  Better the devil you know in my opinion, at least under Kinnear we've gone from second bottom on 5 points to 13th on 27 points despite having the worst injuries in the league.

I'm no big fan of Kinnear but some people go overboard IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

If our performances are similar to that of todays, we will definately stay up. Todays performance against sides like Bolton, Boro and Pompey is 3 points. Thank God we have Boro and Pompey at home aswell :) Getting players back now aswell, feeling very confident about our chances now, id say its a 3 :D

If you estimate that you need 40 points to stay up, then we need to average a point a game.  If we can beat Bolton, that gives us some margin for error against the top 4 sides we have yet to play.  I'm still up around 6 or 7 on the Relegationometer because I've suspected since around Christmas that our Premiership status is going to depend on our last three games - specifically Boro & Fulham at home.

We needed a minimum of a point today and we got it. I'd say it still in the hands of those below us whetehr we stay up or not. Specifically smoggies, baggies blackburn and Stoke. I don't think Pompey and Spurs will go down... but then they are horrible and pompey in particular seems in freefall.

Today doesn't really change anything from a mathematical perspective, but they deserve a lot of credit for the last couple of matches and it's signalled a bit of belief. There's some players coming back aswell.

But there's still a fair chance we'll lose four of our next five games, with Villa away on the last day of the season too. Still squeaky-bum time for me like.

We've got Fulham, Boro and Portsmouth to play at home. We'll survive.

If we lose atleast four of our next five, and the Villa game too - that little cluster might need to be nine points minimum.

It's gonna be so very fucking tight.