Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

We'll pick up points to stay up, of that I'm sure. But today was frankly unforgivable given the position we find ourselves in, not least because it gives the Mackems a vital morale boosting win which they'll use to propel themselves to safety.

Stoke, Villa and Wigan have far more to worry about imo. We'll have another lucky win and fluke a point to see us safe. Then we can sack off the useless cunt that got us into this position.

We have to get something off Arsenal and/or Liverpool.

Forget about away games.

Exactly.  It's now looking extremely difficult.

It's not helped by how tight it is down there, you've got 5 teams on 34-36 points and 1 team in Wigan who you'd expect to get to that level of points in their 2 spare games given their recent form and general tendency for picking up points towards the end of the year.  I think this might be the first year in a while you'll need more than 40 to stay up.

I've had my worries a long while but thought we'd scrape safety, today is when I'm genuinely concerned we've fucked it and might well go down.

Our next game will be a massive indicator as to whether we will stay up or not. We've just lost to Sunderland. The 3 points on offer would have gone a long way to ensuring our Premier League survival. Our away form this season has been appalling. If we don't get a massive reaction against West Brom (who aren't far off mathematical safety and, in theory, don't have as much to play for) then I'll be hugely concerned.

We have to get something off Arsenal and/or Liverpool.

Forget about away games.

Why? not like we haven't got any points away all season, don't see why we can't get a point here and there or even all 3 against QPR who will most likely be gone anyway.

Personally think we will just scrape though, due to Stoke not being able to get a point to save their lives.

Dragged into the shit again and looking awful in the process. Winning a derby can often act as a springboard and re-energise the place and the reverse applies if you lose one.  We've got 2 tough home games and our away record is one of the worst in the country. We need 4 points but I honestly don't know where they're coming from.

Yay Pardew.

Today was fucking horrific but I still don't think we will go down.

Aye I still think others will drop enough points. The depressing thing is that a win today would have virtually guaranteed safety and we could have genuinely looked forward to playing with a bit of freedom in the remaining matches.

As it is we'll be scratching away for another two or three points and god knows where they'll come from.