Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

So are qpr and reading officially down? Surprised ssns didn't make a big deal of it.

They're not. 36 points is the maximum both teams can get. Wigan are on 31 and Aston Villa are on 34. We are on 37 so we are 'safe' from finishing 20th or 19th.

Honestly cant see where we would get the points we need to be safe from the games remaining

especially with this tactically inept douche as a manager

arry is probably bending remy over the settee in front of the telly watching our games and busting a nut at the prospect of giving us a thrashing

fat sam is doing a gay love train with nolan and carrol just itching to give us a hammering(no pun intended.... ok maybe a little one)

Honestly cant see where we would get the points we need to be safe from the games remaining

especially with this tactically inept douche as a manager

arry is probably bending remy over the settee in front of the telly watching our games and busting a nut at the prospect of giving us a thrashing

fat sam is doing a gay love train with nolan and carrol just itching to give us a hammering(no pun intended.... ok maybe a little one)

Its going to be close and it will come down to maybe wigan having to much to do...but the fuckers have a habit of pulling a paul daniels every season...

QPR's loss today could work both ways for us, they are virtually down now, they know that that was a game they had to win today, in their minds now surely they are down and all they have to play for is try not to finish bottom. That could make our game a little easier against them or it could have the reverse effect of freeing them from all the pressure.

So are qpr and reading officially down? Surprised ssns didn't make a big deal of it.

They're not. 36 points is the maximum both teams can get. Wigan are on 31 and Aston Villa are on 34. We are on 37 so we are 'safe' from finishing 20th or 19th.

I hate that song.

I hate that song.

Inochi and Stu will be gettin' their groove on tonite  :pimp:

There's always one team that looks safe at this stage but then sinks like a stone to the bottom at the end of the season. let's hope it's not us this time.

Reckon if anybody does that this year it will be Stoke, how they have dropped since the new year is ridiculous really.

Teams like that usually bully their way to a good result when the going gets tough though. I can't see them going down tbh.

It'll either be Stoke or Norwich, both have been dropping down alarmingly for several games already where as we've being picking up enough points to keep us in a similar position in the table.  Teams don't usually look safe with 5 games to go and then drop like a stone, in fact no team has ever been relegated from the Premier League after being 13th at this stage in the season.

Ouch! Stoke and Norwich both won :lol:

I said IF any teams that looked safe drop like a stone it would be one of those two, not that those two were definitely going to be relegated or couldn't win a game.  Maybe you should read the post you replied to initially for context.

I did think Stoke were probably in worse shape then Wigan though, and I might have been wrong there.  Though Stoke still only have two wins this year, that's their first away from home, let's hope this is a blip :D.  I certainly didn't expect them to beat QPR, arry's mob might have given up, hopefully that's the case.

Anyway,  full of shock results today, I mean Newcastle got a point, apparently people couldn't see where the next point was coming from, mystery solved.

Notice its started again already though "where's our next point coming from?" :lol:

2 or 3. Pretty unlikely that both Wigan and Villa will take over us, while also remaining below Stoke and mackems who we're level on points with, in just 4/5 games. It could happen, but I think a mathematician on it would give it pretty slim odds.

Depends if they'd seen us play. :lol:

Guest ItalianMagpie

Unfortunately we're different from any other normal team, Stoke were in a horrid form and still went down to already-on-holiday QPR and beat them, as expected (or maybe not). We go to already-on-holiday WBA and we can't do better than a fucking point :neutral:

We simply can't win away games, it's even ridiculous still hoping for that.

I'm terrified at the thought of us not winning any other game till the end of the season.

9. Our only hope is Wigan don't do their usual great escape.

Come on man, we are 6 points above (7 with goal difference) with 4 games to play. Wigan have just been beaten off west ham away and still have Spurs, Arsenal and Villa to play.

They have a game in hand we are not looking like we'll pick up any points with the way we're playing. Like I said it's all reliant on them not being good enough as we're clearly incapable of helping ourselves.

But we are picking up points. We're just inconsistent. As for the ' can't see where our next points are coming from' theory, surely the mackems and stoke thought the same until the last 2 weekends, after being on terrible runs. Still feel constantly nervous thinking about how things will pan out though. Maybe i'm just trying to convince myself.

9. Our only hope is Wigan don't do their usual great escape.

Come on man, we are 6 points above (7 with goal difference) with 4 games to play. Wigan have just been beaten off west ham away and still have Spurs, Arsenal and Villa to play.

They have a game in hand we are not looking like we'll pick up any points with the way we're playing. Like I said it's all reliant on them not being good enough as we're clearly incapable of helping ourselves.

But we are picking up points. We're just inconsistent. As for the ' can't see where our next points are coming from' theory, surely the mackems and stoke thought the same until the last 2 weekends, after being on terrible runs. Still feel constantly nervous thinking about how things will pan out though. Maybe i'm just trying to convince myself.

To me Sunderland and West Brom were the games I saw us possibly getting wins from. Now we have two extremely hard home games and we've only won 1 away game all year. It's very hard to see where the points will come from especially with teams below us showing their ability to pick up points home or away. Only QPR maybe if their mercenaries are already on holiday mode.

Sunderland got rid of the negativity within the club when they sacked the manager, we haven't done that.

I reckon the max Wigan will get is 6 points from their remaining games, so my optimistic self is saying to me that we're a point away from safety in my opinion. My pessimistic self is wondering where the next point will come from