Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If we go down, I just don't know what I will do.

Don't get me wrong, I can take the s***. Had a ST in the Championship, stayed until the end today etc. But I mean, it will be just the last few years of progress totally destroyed. Today's probably the first day I have ever entertained even the idea that we could, feasibly go down.

And its a very real possibility, I'm very worried. We won't win another game this season, will be relying on Wigan to do us a favour.

Don't get me wrong, I can take the s***. Had a ST in the Championship, stayed until the end today etc. But I mean, it will be just the last few years of progress totally destroyed. Today's probably the first day I have ever entertained even the idea that we could, feasibly go down.

And its a very real possibility, I'm very worried. We won't win another game this season, will be relying on Wigan to do us a favour.

:( hate hearing this from ST holders. I'm somewhat sheltered since I'm not in or around Newcastle. Must be murder actually attending most/all the home games and having to live in the city.

:( hate hearing this from ST holders. I'm somewhat sheltered since I'm not in or around Newcastle. Must be murder actually attending most/all the home games and having to live in the city.

It's tough. Took my youngest brother (12) today for a change - at 5-0 we had to have a little chat about taking the s*** with the good (as just about everyone else around us walked out). He's seen us lose before, but never in that manner. Stayed until the final whistle, even though he looked upset - sure he will thank me for it one day. Incidentally, for a few years he was a casual Liverpool fan - seem to be quite popular amongst his age group.

Wonder what was going through his head today.

If we go down and Pardew is still our manager I can see quite a few turning their backs on the club until he is gone.

We're fucking shit and yet every game recently has been 50,000+.

If we go down and Pardew is still our manager I can see quite a few turning their backs on the club until he is gone.

You wouldn't see me for dust, that would be it for me until Ashley is gone as well. But more importantly he stays and ill make sure my son grows up not supporting newcastle regardless of what division were in. Means two things, stops the next generation and stops the only real income the club get from me (bar 2-3 games a season if am unlucky) and my family (strips etc) and once he's gone he's gone forever.

That's what I should do anyway.  :lol:

We were probably getting those before we went down last time as well tbf. Getting relegated again and losing a load of our good players because of one man's incompetence will be the final straw for a lot of people, especially if Pardew is still here. I honestly think Pardew could relegate us twice man, it's fucking terrifying to think about how close we are to that happening.

Yup. And he is fucking loving that fact.

http://epltalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/mikeashley_6064662.jpg

We have to beat QPR at their place. It's all balancing on that.

That isn't going to happen. We need Villa and Wigan to not win their games, that's our best bet for me.

Well yeah, but we have no control over that. If we beat QPR, we'll stay up. No doubt we'll go there scared shitless of a relegated side.

Looking at how we reacted to relegation last time, we got so lucky. So many clubs disappear into oblivion but we bounced back straight away, making some great progress and having a great infrastructure. We have a transfer policy people are jealous of, we've added stability and our finances are improving. On the pitch we finished 5th last season, had a great run in Europe and have some fantastic individuals playing for us - it's amazing to think that Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse, Santon etc are here. It's almost like the relegation didn't happen, as we effortlessly got back where we belong.

So to be in this great position 12 months ago and to see we're on the verge of throwing it all away is depressing. These coveted internationals - in demand from all over Europe - are being wasted here. Our stranglehold in France will disappear. All of this progress, all of these memories and banishing our demons....gone. My fear is that if we go down again, we won't be as lucky. I fear we'd be gone for a while.

Cheers, Alan