Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Just a gut feeling that we'll go down, like. We're solid and generally defend well but we still lose.

The results of the past few days have killed us, the only potential positive is that it may panic the club into some transfers. But of course not, what a silly suggestion :lol: :lol:

Don’t give a fuck anymore

The fact this lot haven’t come from behind once this season to get a result speaks volumes. Add into the mix the desperate collection of shit we have playing for us and it all seems as though it’s going one way

No fight no ability no goals inability to get anything at home just nothing there positive we are fucked. We don't belong in this league as we just can't compete. This is what happens when we have absolute sub standard shite playing for us. Not 1 decent player in the squad just Championship standard plodders

We concede first we may as well pack up and go home

Guest covmag

This side is kinda ok, however it’s inability to fashion chances and keep clean sheets at home is in danger of sending us down.Set up to play on the counter will mean we are going to struggle nearly every game.

We are heading for tradgedy unless we pull our fucking socks up.

Howay lads

I'm still here (because I've never subscribed to the relegationometer anyway :pow: ). Do I think we'll go down? No. It'll be closer than last season but Rafa will be the difference.

A couple of signings, even if they're smart loans, could make a huge difference again. There was virtually no outlay on Dubravka, Kenedy and Slimani last season but - cumulatively - they made a massive difference. Christ knows if there's any hope of even that amount of paltry investment.

I think we'll be okay, but only because we are relatively well organised. We are a one man attack basically so we will be relying on clean sheets to pick up a few 1-0 wins between now and the end of the season.

Guest covmag

Saying we've got 'no fight' just isn't true at all and basically an insult to a group of players who've put every sinew into getting us promoted and keeping us up.

We have fight but it’s weak, we don’t come back, ability is just limited.

They are trying but we are pretty ordinary in truth and are about ahead of where I expected, it’s not gonna get much better soon mind.

I care, but fuck me only just.

Guest covmag

All depends on this window. So expecting the worst. So frustrating when we are 3/4 decent players away from transforming the team to solid mid table.

If you are banking on this window I wouldn’t mate.

Kenedy, shelvey and lascelles were our best players last season. Add diame’s form in the second half of the season and you can see how much trouble we’re actually in now. The only difference is rondon, but i’m Not convinced he’s good enough to keep us up.

Even when we play the ‘weaker’ teams we still have to play on the counter to have any chance of getting 3 points. The squad is a decent top half Championship squad and I for one never thought I’d get to the point wher I’d sit down to watch a live game and never felt any nerves or apprehension to the point where i just accepted that we weren’t going to win, let alone compete to a point where we look like getting a result.

Whether we do or not, we deserve to get relegated because it has the same tin pot Stench that his garbage, desperate shithouse shops has. Championship football for me till he’s gone if only to smile once in a while on a Saturday night

Saying we've got 'no fight' just isn't true at all and basically an insult to a group of players who've put every sinew into getting us promoted and keeping us up.

They are trying but we are pretty ordinary in truth and are about ahead of where I expected, it’s not gonna get much better soon mind.

I know plenty of posters make this point all the time but honestly, whilst Rafa is here I still care just-about as much as I ever have. For about the whole of 2014 I actively wanted us to lose every single game because I thought it might see Pardew removed. And whilst it was easily more a soul-destroying experience, it was arguably less painful because, at the moment, it still feels like we're so close to something cherishable.

I honestly think the sun shines out of Rafa's arse; I absolutely love the man. Yes yes yes - I know he's got his faults; he's made some poxy signings and his subs can be iffy. But I love how he is both a student of the game as well as a teacher... you can see from the way he whispers into his players ears at full-time, and the way he operates on the touchline, and in the clips from the training ground, and at his press conferences: the man doesn't just manage a team, he teaches football, and he's done it for decades. He's a disciplinarian without being showy or tedious and you can see his tactical nouse rubbing off on players. You have to believe in the long game with Rafa; it's seen us right two years in a row.

He can build a squad too. Aye he's made mistakes in the transfer market; Sels, Lazaar and Jacob Murphy probably being the most questionable. But, thanks to the sales that first summer, he had a short amount of time to decorate a blank canvas. He quickly built a squad basically in his image... they won the league then finished 10th in the Prem. Graft, stamina, discipline, intelligence, just enough flair. Imagine the version of that with proper financial backing... we'd be mint.

If he leaves without ever having had the opportunity to build something in this division, having more than earned the opportunity, it will be a total tragedy. Nights like tonight, where everyone's played pretty-much to their max, but all we've done is slip closer to the relegation zone... this is where it really hurts for me. It shouldn't be like this. We've got a miracle in having a man like Rafa in the dugout, and we're wilfully squandering it. It fucking kills iz!

All depends on this window. So expecting the worst. So frustrating when we are 3/4 decent players away from transforming the team to solid mid table.

If you are banking on this window I wouldn’t mate.

Only one guy banking on this window.

I know plenty of posters make this point all the time but honestly, whilst Rafa is here I still care just-about as much as I ever have. For about the whole of 2014 I actively wanted us to lose every single game because I thought it might see Pardew removed. And whilst it was easily more a soul-destroying experience, it was arguably less painful because, at the moment, it still feels like we're so close to something cherishable.

I honestly think the sun shines out of Rafa's arse; I absolutely love the man. Yes yes yes - I know he's got his faults; he's made some poxy signings and his subs can be iffy. But I love how he is both a student of the game as well as a teacher... you can see from the way he whispers into his players ears at full-time, and the way he operates on the touchline, and in the clips from the training ground, and at his press conferences: the man doesn't just manage a team, he teaches football, and he's done it for decades. He's a disciplinarian without being showy or tedious and you can see his tactical nouse rubbing off on players. You have to believe in the long game with Rafa; it's seen us right two years in a row.

He can build a squad too. Aye he's made mistakes in the transfer market; Sels, Lazaar and Jacob Murphy probably being the most questionable. But, thanks to the sales that first summer, he had a short amount of time to decorate a blank canvas. He quickly built a squad basically in his image... they won the league then finished 10th in the Prem. Graft, stamina, discipline, intelligence, just enough flair. Imagine the version of that with proper financial backing... we'd be mint.

If he leaves without ever having had the opportunity to build something in this division, having more than earned the opportunity, it will be a total tragedy. Nights like tonight, where everyone's played pretty-much to their max, but all we've done is slip closer to the relegation zone... this is where it really hurts for me. It shouldn't be like this. We've got a miracle in having a man like Rafa in the dugout, and we're wilfully squandering it. It fucking kills iz!

Very well said. :thup: