Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

7/1 on SkyBet. Having a few quid on that.

I was thinking the same but i don't care enough about us staying up so it's just not worth it. Losing money on us staying up i mean..

Hmm..If you know what i mean :lol:

To be honest, I also do not understand the "i hope we get relegated" stance.

If we battled our way to an FA Cup final with 1-0 wins against League 2 teams, would people want us to lose the final because it would be embarrassing to win?

Relegation will not get rid of Ashley, 50,000 empty seats will not get rid of Ashley... someone to walk in with an acceptable offer is the only way to get rid of Ashley.

I completely agree that next week should be 90+ minutes of creating an atmosphere followed by a sit-in protest at our season/the way the club is being ran.

I hate the way our club is at the moment, but I certainly will celebrate on Sunday if we survive - I wont clap off the players and blow kisses at them, but I'll be delighted to have came through such an awful period.

Yey!

We survived another season so we get a chance to survive another season again next year. Hurray!! Woop woop.

Against the other option of "yay, we've been relegation so we get the chance to possibly come back up and then have the chance to survive again"?

What do people want? Us to be a Championship club forever?

With the squad we have, we're not going to be fighting for anything near the top 8 spots.

I think people need to get realistic and realise this - it is going to take major improvements for this to happen.

People have short memories, we were a Championship club not long ago - our club has been murdered under Ashley for years. We're not going to be magically fixed and healed the day he leaves.

On this day, we are fighting relegation - forgive me if I am happy that we do.

Stay up and absolutely nothing changes - guaranteed. Manager, owner, coaches, atmosphere, players, ambition - nothing will change. More of the same in perpetuity.

Go down and something positive could unfold. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice and finding out tbh. Taking a few steps back to clean the dogshit off our shoes wouldn't be the worst thing in the world imo. The club will be just fine in the long term, just needs a few uncomfortable years to get rid of it's parasite first.

I agree, nothing will change if we stay up. That's from the top, everything you listed is down to the tosser in charge of our club.

But going down, is more likely to have a negative effect than positive.

When we went down last time, did anything change? Did anything change when we came back up? No, because the same fat tosser is in charge.

Would Ashley sell if we went down? Definitely not, he'd make a bigger loss and he's a business man that only cares about his pocket. He wants £x amount for us and will not sell until he gets offered it. There is no way anybody would pay that for a Championship team.

Even if we go down, we protest, we burn down Ashley's home - we can make him want to sell, but we cant make somebody buy us.

We've in effect been for sale for the past 3/4/5 years, if Ashley was given an acceptable offer for us at any point he'd have snatched their hand off. But he hasn't.

The only possible positive I can see from going down, is the cheaper games and fact we might win a few.

Completely understand where you are coming from, but I guess if we all had the same opinion it'd be boring.

Agree with most of that apart from us being up for sale for the past 3/4/5 years. In effect the club isn't for sale unless somebody is stupid enough to pay way over its market value due to the greediness of Ashley and the way he has the debt constructed. In simple terms it's like me putting my house on the market for £500k, aye it's for sale but I'm very unlikely to find a buyer.

This is the table the Monday after El Pards left.

The f***ing state of it. 13 points clear of Leicester,10 points clear of Hull.

Absolutely shocking by Carver to get in this mess.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/Scotty6682/11_zpsztwzcqft.png

The great escape to championship by Carver...

you know in many other business's (or Italy)  you would come to an "arrangement" with some people to ensure we stay up - might be a few grand out of next years PL money but......................

This is the table the Monday after El Pards left.

The f***ing state of it. 13 points clear of Leicester,10 points clear of Hull.

Absolutely shocking by Carver to get in this mess.

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/Scotty6682/11_zpsztwzcqft.png

Under 18 games with John Carver:-

We've achieved a grand total of 8 points.

Our goal difference has gone from -6 to -25.

We've fallen 7 places in the league.

The team who were bottom of the league, 13 points below us, are now two places and 3 points ahead.

John Carver, a good man who cares about the club.

Wish I didn't care but I'm fucking low about this state of affairs. Furious with the twats at the top for pressing the stop button halfway through the season to save money. Stupid cunts of the highest order.

Wish I didn't care but I'm f***ing low about this state of affairs. Furious with the t***s at the top for pressing the stop button halfway through the season to save money. Stupid c***s of the highest order.

I was fucking foaming yesterday like. Still am today to a lesser degree.

All those saying nothing will change if we stay up don't know that anymore than those saying nothing will change if we are relegated. It's conjecture on both sides.

Mike Ashley seems to have never heard the saying "Don't spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar". The tragedy of our situation is that Nufc wouldn't be that hard or (relatively) expensive to run successfully. All he had to do was employ people who were qualified for their jobs. The costs would easily be covered by the increased revenue from finishing higher up the league. You'd think that man was an utter cretin if it wasn't for the fact of how successful SD is. He could have been loved (or at least liked) but his stupidity and tight fistedness have made him hated.

All those saying nothing will change if we stay up don't know that anymore than those saying nothing will change if we are relegated. It's conjecture on both sides.

Mike Ashley seems to have never heard the saying "Don't spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar". The tragedy of our situation is that Nufc wouldn't be that hard or (relatively) expensive to run successfully. All he had to do was employ people who were qualified for their jobs. The costs would easily be covered by the increased revenue from finishing higher up the league. You'd think that man was an utter cretin if it wasn't for the fact of how successful SD is. He could have been loved (or at least liked) but his stupidity and tight fistedness have made him hated.

he runs nufc by the same model as SD.  Run the club on the bare minimum, buy cheap assets (players). Move any asset on that looks to be increasing in value and repeat.  Why chase titles or cups when by purely existing in the league brings in silly money.  All that has to be done is avoid relegation.

Mike Ashley seems to have never heard the saying "Don't spoil the ship for a ha'peth of tar". The tragedy of our situation is that Nufc wouldn't be that hard or (relatively) expensive to run successfully. All he had to do was employ people who were qualified for their jobs. The costs would easily be covered by the increased revenue from finishing higher up the league. You'd think that man was an utter cretin if it wasn't for the fact of how successful SD is. He could have been loved (or at least liked) but his stupidity and tight fistedness have made him hated.

:lol: has anyone?

:lol:

To paraphrase Blackadder: -

"don't spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar", sir? It is a common phrase down our way. I'm anispeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/spoil+the+ship+for+a+hap%27orth+of+tar

spoil the ship for a hap'orth of tar

to spoil something big or important by refusing to spend a small amount of money or make a small amount of effort. They spent millions on a wonderful architect-designed building, but they've bought really cheap furniture. It's just spoiling the ship for a hap'orth of tar.

Quite funny to find this when I put the phrase into Google: -

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/dont-spoil-the-ship-for-a-hapenth-of-tar.803343/

re the table when Pardew left.

I know I keep saying this, but from the point of view of one supporting a team that has struggled all season, I find your descent into the abyss absolutely staggering. I barely noticed you around the relegation zone till relatively recently, and certainly considered the chances of you getting into the struggle to be pretty much zero not that long ago.

I know things were far from great before you started this descent, but I genuinely think that it is such a descent, and so fast, that it actually looks like someone at the wheel of the ship has deliberately set course for a massive cluster of rocks.

It is all so inept, I start to wonder whether it is possible for something like that to happen without someone actually making it go that way, as if there is someone actually masterminding the stupidity.

I know football is built on rivalries and petty partisanship, as well as a mountain of schadenfreude, but sometimes you see a situation so bizarrely fucked up, so horrific, that it actually transcends all that shit and people start to feel genuine sympathy.

I think a lot of neutrals will be thinking that looking at you now. It is utterly bizarre. It looks like someone - and it's not hard to guess who - is actually punishment fucking you, regardless of the cost to themselves.

I don't think you'll go down, that's Hull's spot now, they have too much to do, but fuck me, the fact you're in this situation now is beyond bewildering.

i'm firmly of the belief he's got virtually no involvement in the club day-to-day or week-to-week and expects it to be run by the people he appoints

sadly he seems completely addicted to appointing people who are not qualified for the jobs they're doing

Interesting theory brummie, but I'm afraid this is (yet again) a case of utter incompetence rather than outright malice, although Mike Ashley is definitely no stranger to the latter.

I think you're right, it's just that there is a point at which something looks *so* incompetent, so arsewarpingly horribly stupid, that you start to think, surely, surely this can't be an accident, all this stupidity? Surely it is being driven by some malevolent spirit?