Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

we will at best limp over the line by the skin of our teeth, sell a promise to the fans and continue over.

or limp and fall short ,drop, sell a promise to the fans and continue.

If we do survive.  There will be no money spent in summer. It's being spent now

we will at best limp over the line by the skin of our teeth, sell a promise to the fans and continue over.

Yeah, this would be one of my biggest worries. You've got to get the transfers right.

Swansea's win at Everton shows just how difficult it will be to escape the drop now. It looks as if the club have little intention(or idea)of obtaining a proven striker so its hard to see how they can finish above even clubs like Norwich and Swansea who are both showing the right spirit ; although Norwich lost on Saturday, they were 3-1 up at one point and have made a good signing in Naismith - I am willing to bet that we will lose heavily at Liverpool even though we might give a spirited performance because we cannot score the goals we should.

If we don't sign a striker, I shall stay with 9....

We beat Liverpool at home.

It was early in Klopp's management - do you think we would do it now..?? Or when we got to Anfield..??

Swansea's win at Everton shows just how difficult it will be to escape the drop now. It looks as if the club have little intention(or idea)of obtaining a proven striker so its hard to see how they can finish above even clubs like Norwich and Swansea who are both showing the right spirit ; although Norwich lost on Saturday, they were 3-1 up at one point and have made a good signing in Naismith - I am willing to bet that we will lose heavily at Liverpool even though we might give a spirited performance because we cannot score the goals we should.

It was early in Klopp's management - do you think we would do it now..?? Or when we got to Anfield..??

No, we'll probably lose at Anfield. But Norwich just played them at home. That was my point. You made it sound like their valiant loss to them was better than we could do.

Not really bothered about that at all, I would far rather have the players in now to try and rescue this season. Plus it will give the squad more time to gel for next season which hopefully won't be a train wreck like this one.

If we do go down, I don't think there'll be a fire sale. Think Sissoko and Janmaat would leave for sure but could see us keeping the rest

Those two, Ayoze, Wijnaldum and Krul for sure.

There'll be some like Anita and Haidara who may not have other clubs interested. Possibly even Mitrovic.

We wouldn't take cut price deals. It's the whole reason there tied down to 6 year deals when they sign. We're in the black year on year. No one would pay what we want as they'd think we're being unreasonable while we wouldn't see a need to sell  (ashley demonstrated last time he'll keep the wage bill miles above the rest of the league in order to go back up)

No, we'll probably lose at Anfield. But Norwich just played them at home. That was my point. You made it sound like their valiant loss to them was better than we could do.

Because we beat Liverpool at SJP and Norwich lost to them at home is no guide how the 2 teams will finish - we used to beat Leeds - the best side in the country then - regularly at SJP in the 70s but we still finished below lots of teams who lost to them at home.

What the Norwich game shows is that Norwich DO have goals in them and as you know, we don't....unless we sign a decent striker we are not going to win the crucial games we need to win to avoid relegation

If we do go down, I don't think there'll be a fire sale. Think Sissoko and Janmaat would leave for sure but could see us keeping the rest

Those two, Ayoze, Wijnaldum and Krul for sure.

There'll be some like Anita and Haidara who may not have other clubs interested. Possibly even Mitrovic.

Absolutely this... no way Wijnaldum is going to stay with a Championship side.

Because we beat Liverpool at SJP and Norwich lost to them at home is no guide how the 2 teams will finish - we used to beat Leeds - the best side in the country then - regularly at SJP in the 70s but we still finished below lots of teams who lost to them at home.

What the Norwich game shows is that Norwich DO have goals in them and as you know, we don't....unless we sign a decent striker we are not going to win the crucial games we need to win to avoid relegation

Not at all what I was saying.

Thoughts on our chances if we don't get any more players in?

Without a goal scorer we are in big trouble. Be good to think Saviet will come good and help us control games more, but it's hardly the perfect time to join us. We need everyone hitting the ground running. I'm hazy on how we will use Sissoko if Townsend is taking that right midfield spot, but it's good to have quality options.

Guest palnese

Think we're going down regardless of who we sign. The club is riddled with incompetent losers from top to bottom. Signing s few new players isn't going to change that.