Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

If the current bottom 3 go down then the PL is losing 3 massive clubs like. Combined 17 League titles, 15 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a European Cup.

And it's hard to argue that all 3 don't thoroughly deserve it too. Absolutely appalling the way these 3 'giants' have been run for the last few years, f***ing criminal. 

All that counts for nothing - look at clubs like Wolves and Sheff Weds, once giants of the game, now viewed as perpetual yo-yo material between Championship and Lge 1. Sunderland's last title in the 30s, ours in 1927 - they at least won the FAC in the last 40 years, we haven't won a domestic honour since 1955...compare that to Villa, who won the European Cup in 1980 and the LC under Brian Little - so some would say that NUFC and SAFC have been of little importance to the top div apart from KK's first spell as manager and Sir Bobby's 5 years. You have to say that its hard to argue against that and this is a direct result of Ashley's ownership...he has made the club exactly what he wanted it to be, a vehicle for his own promotion aims and followed by an accepting and apathetic following.

Swansea's win at Everton shows just how difficult it will be to escape the drop now. It looks as if the club have little intention(or idea)of obtaining a proven striker so its hard to see how they can finish above even clubs like Norwich and Swansea who are both showing the right spirit ; although Norwich lost on Saturday, they were 3-1 up at one point and have made a good signing in Naismith - I am willing to bet that we will lose heavily at Liverpool even though we might give a spirited performance because we cannot score the goals we should.

If we don't sign a striker, I shall stay with 9....

Swansea's win yesterday has had a massive impact on relegation, we can't keep clean sheets so we need to score at least 2 goals every game to get 3 points. We need a goalscorer, like, 2 weeks ago !!!

Starting to get that gut feeling that we just aren't going to turn this around. I think we'll go down scrapping unlike last time

but I just can't see us out performing Norwich given the fixtures, which is really quite pathetic.

I know it's easy to get caught up with the hype or the pessimism of the forum depending on the result at the weekend but I think we're knackered now. Obviously we could survive and have the games to do it but I don't think we will. If any of the bottom three survives I'd be staggered.

Need a manager who will go and attack teams, everytime we sit off it ends up as a defeat.

aye this weekend was a f***ing shocker like, pardew-esque levels of shitness after turning in about the best performance of the season the week before :lol:

Typical English manager, the lets "give nowt away" brigade but end up losing anyway.  How about getting at the other team and focusing on their weak points. Whatever he is doing is clear not working but keeps on doing it anyway.  That's the sign of a fool or a mad man.

I think this weekend was the first time he made a massive mistake TBH, and it wasn't easy to choose what to do. In hindsight going with Aarons in that new formation wasn't great, but I'm not sure shifting Mbemba to fullback would've been much better.

I wouldn't say McClaren always does the same thing.

I think this weekend was the first time he made a massive mistake TBH, and it wasn't easy to choose what to do. In hindsight going with Aarons in that new formation wasn't great, but I'm not sure shifting Mbemba to fullback would've been much better.

Does the same thing as he always reverts back to being cautious in his approach.

Does the same thing as he always reverts back to being cautious in his approach.

aye, i'm sorry like but a side with shelvey, wijnaldum, sissoko, perez/aarons and mitrovic should at the very least be an effective attacking force like regardless of how many people are sure mitrovic will never score enough goals

Swansea's win at Everton shows just how difficult it will be to escape the drop now. It looks as if the club have little intention(or idea)of obtaining a proven striker so its hard to see how they can finish above even clubs like Norwich and Swansea who are both showing the right spirit ; although Norwich lost on Saturday, they were 3-1 up at one point and have made a good signing in Naismith - I am willing to bet that we will lose heavily at Liverpool even though we might give a spirited performance because we cannot score the goals we should.

If we don't sign a striker, I shall stay with 9....

We beat Liverpool at home.

we're only 4 points adrift of swansea and bournemouth like but the time to act is now to get some fucker who can put the ball in the net and/or fire mcclaren and get someone decent in instead ( :yao: )

Swansea and Bournemouth are playing well. If we were four points ahead of them there would be more chance of them catching us than there is of us catching them.

For the masochists among you try this

http://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-premier-league/

I did it a few weeks back and tried to be objective on Swansea results and had us relegated on 34 points, maybe I was too pessimistic :)  For Swansea our final 7 games could be a killer unless we gain enough points before hand.

I'm wondering if 37 points will be enough this year.

Great link.  Doing that predictor shows that it's too close to call.  I have the Mackems staying up on 31 pts, Us going down on 31 pts, Norwich 30 pts, Villa 18pts.  That's with us beating Villa and the Mackems beating us 3-0.  I think I had us beating Bournmouth too.  Basically, the Derby is a relegation play off.  Bottle it again, and we may well be going down.

14 West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 38 8 14 16 30:46 -16 38

15 Watford FC Watford FC 38 9 9 20 33:52 -19 36

16 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 38 8 11 19 37:62 -25 35

17 Sunderland AFC Sunderland AFC 38 7 10 21 36:64 -28 31

18 Newcastle United Newcastle United 38 7 10 21 33:68 -35 31

19 Norwich City Norwich City 38 7 9 22 34:64 -30 30

20 Aston Villa Aston Villa 38 3 9 26 25:63 -38 18

Whichever of us or Sunderland survives this season will be there or thereabouts scrapping around the relegation zone next season imo. It's kinda pointless staying up just for that. Grim shit.

I'm a 4. We play 7 games against bottom third sides; 4 at home. 13 points from these games alone and we are perfroming like 'the average' premiership side against a bottom third side (1.79pts per game). I am not saying we are nailed-on to do this, just that we only need to do averagely well in our remaining games and we'll be fine. Unfortunately, that is every other bugger's 'averagely well', not ours!

I'm a 4. We play 7 games against bottom third sides; 4 at home. 13 points from these games alone and we are perfroming like 'the average' premiership side against a bottom third side (1.79pts per game). I am not saying we are nailed-on to do this, just that we only need to do averagely well in our remaining games and we'll be fine. Unfortunately, that is every other bugger's 'averagely well', not ours!

We cant beat the teams in and around us.

Yep, thus far done shit against bottom third 0.67 ppg. Even worse aginst middle third & relatively well against top third. I'm assuming, make that hoping, that the bottom third form will change with 4 home games, and three away. With such low numbers, one win makes a big difference (0.67 becomes 0.96ppg; two wins makes it a 1.19ppg average against bottom third).

I can't understand anyone saying that they are as low as a 4 tbh. Not having a go, I just can't get my head around it.

We've barely been out of the bottom 3-4 all season. We're bang out of form, we won't change our manager and they seem to be of the opinion that they can gamble their way of the mess by buying a few players.

I've barely been below an 8 all season.