Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Win at QPR next week and there is no way on earth you're going down.

It is a must win match, and if you're going to have a fixture which fits that category, then away at QPR is not a bad one to have by any stretch.

Yeah agree with this. We'd go to 41 points, 11th currently has 40, not everyone between 11th and 18th will better that.

Guest icemanblue

Win at QPR next week and there is no way on earth you're going down.

It is a must win match, and if you're going to have a fixture which fits that category, then away at QPR is not a bad one to have by any stretch.

Yeah agree with this. We'd go to 41 points, 11th currently has 40, not everyone between 11th and 18th will better that.

This is where I'm at. Might not happen, but, fuck me, I hope it does.

Norwich are in even worse form than us and have 2 more difficult games coming up. WBA played alright today and won 3-0 last week, I think they'll win and then it's Many City. A point could be enough for us, a win would guarantee it for me, there's just so many teams caught up in it.

Guest bimpy474

Wigan will take their games as they come with a positive attitude, because their manager isn't a defeatist negative fucking idiot, who will tell them that all the teams they play are superior and they will be so so tired.

Guest bimpy474

We could actually lose the next 2 games and stay up. I can see it happening tbh.

It fecking better because the first part is the only thing i'm nearly certain of.

We could actually lose the next 2 games and stay up. I can see it happening tbh.

Yup. I think it won't be enough but could well be. A comfortae beating by Man City for Norwich could put them below on gd.

Guest bimpy474

Yup. I think it won't be enough but could well be. A comfortae beating by Man City for Norwich could put them below on gd.

Problem with this is, us and Norwich will have to lose both for it to happen. What if Arsenal smash us to bits.

Man City didn't look as if they could comfortably beat anybody today.

Yet you put money on us going down. Not that confident then.

Same with 2009, at those odds I couldn't not. Be nice to have something to soften the blow if the club let's us all down again.

Went to watch Sheffield Wednesday v Boro just so i could avoid watching the premier league today, the stress isn't healthy for me and i couldn't face sitting watching us play shocking football on  a dodgy stream again. Thought i may as well get used to watching Championship football :( 

Strangely enough, I did this exact same thing and went to the same game. We're all Wednesday aren't we?!

Problem with this is, us and Norwich will have to lose both for it to happen. What if Arsenal smash us to bits.

I can see us both losing both. If Arsenal smash us to bits more than city do Norwich then We're down. If vice versa, they are.

Guest bimpy474

I can see us both losing both. If Arsenal smash us to bits more than city do Norwich then We're down. If vice versa, they are.

I'm more worried about Norwich getting a result against W.B.A, we just need to beat Q.P.R, just have to.

Went to watch Sheffield Wednesday v Boro just so i could avoid watching the premier league today, the stress isn't healthy for me and i couldn't face sitting watching us play shocking football on  a dodgy stream again. Thought i may as well get used to watching Championship football :( 

Strangely enough, I did this exact same thing and went to the same game. We're all Wednesday aren't we?!

I'm more concerned about Monday and Tuesday.

I'm more worried about Norwich getting a result against W.B.A, we just need to beat Q.P.R, just have to.

:jones:

I know it's footy supporter's pessimism/reverse jinxing, but I'm still surprised at how many people seem to think that you'll probably go down. The odds are still in your favour, just.

If you beat QPR, you could go eleventh. There are just too many crazy things that would need to happen for you to go down. Win and you're safe, I reckon.

Norwich are suddenly in great peril, but Wigan still need to get the points on the board. Even that one point today gave you an appreciably better chance of staying up.

When I have my negative hat on I just can't see us beating qpr.  We've won 1 in 17 away games this year.  We don't look like scoring and all luck is firmly against us. We could not even beat a west ham team with nothing to play for with two of their players wearing toon kegs. 

With the positive hat on qpr have worst home record, nothing to play for.  If anything it's in their interest to lose.  Do they really want to drag us into the championship when they are going for promotion next year? 

When we went down last time, I probably didnt appreciate the potential severity fully and took solace from the fact that we could have a "fresh start" which we did and it worked. However, this time around it would be absolutely disastrous. We have one of our best squads in years (OK not as good as we might think given this season) and a financial infrastructure allowing us to go forward- in the premier league. Go down and we lose all our internationals, and I dont think we'll be as attractive to new players second time round. Questionable how up for it the fans will be as well.

As much as the Villa fans taunting of us when we went down still grates me I have huge respect for what Lambert has managed to do under pressure recently. And as much as I can't stand McManacunt, Martinez and that old twatt of a chairman you have to hand it to them the way they keep going. Both those sides play decent football and keep going trying to win matches which is about as far away from us as you'll see.

Norwich looked awful yesterday from the highlights I've just watched. Seems like we have to better their results to stay up barring some results we wouldn't expect like Swansea getting something at Wigan and Sunderland not getting anything v Stoke.

Whatever happens, we'll probably all age about 20 years over the next couple of weeks.

The QPR game will be our biggest game in decades, imo, because if we go down, I don't think we'll come back up this time round  :undecided:

We'll also have to keep our eyes on the Arsenal/Wigan & Norwich/West Brom games, because they will be big factors in whether or not we stay up.

Did the BBC Predictor thing yesterday, and Norwich went down, on goal difference.

Tight.