Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Damn just looked at the match report for the QPR game against Arsenal last Saturday on the BBC, looks like QPR actually played pretty well there and were unlucky not to get something, had more shots than Arsenal, a bit more worried now :(

Arsenal didn't even try. Their LB had a rough time though.

Damn just looked at the match report for the QPR game against Arsenal last Saturday on the BBC, looks like QPR actually played pretty well there and were unlucky not to get something, had more shots than Arsenal, a bit more worried now :(

Arsenal didn't even try. Their LB had a rough time though.

Townsend is fast. That's about it as far as QPRs threat from anywhere goes.

You're still worried though right?

Course I'm worried, but I was pretty confident we would get at least one point (which might in the end be enough), reading the match report made be doubt that. Still think though we will be in serious shit if we don't win, assuming Wigan dispatch Swansea tonight.

I wonder if your optimism is stemming from wanting to be proven right about this whole Pardew thing, or you're genuinely this positive in real life, as then we should be friends :)

I wonder if your optimism is stemming from wanting to be proven right about this whole Pardew thing, or you're genuinely this positive in real life, as then we should be friends :)

You might have misunderstood me, I'm shitting myself.

We all got to be positive and if we do get relegated. Life goes on and well continue to support and be a fan of this club as we always have.

Obviously, but fuck being relegated.

Relegation this time seems like a much, much worse prospect to me. I think we kind of needed it last time and then we got lucky with Hughton doing such a great job and rebuilding. That isn't going to happen twice. Shitting it now.

Relegation this time seems like a much, much worse prospect to me. I think we kind of needed it last time and then we got lucky with Hughton doing such a great job. That isn't going to happen twice. Shitting it now.

For sure, this time would be much worse. Just got to lay waste to QPR and it won't happen.

You might have misunderstood me, I'm shitting myself.

As is everyone, i myself its all i think about i just want this season to be over so i can start relaxing again and enjoying myself at least for a few months :lol:

Relegation this time seems like a much, much worse prospect to me. I think we kind of needed it last time and then we got lucky with Hughton doing such a great job. That isn't going to happen twice. Shitting it now.

I fully agree with this.

If (and it's a massive one) we stay up I don't think we'll be knocking about again at the bottom for a reasonable amount of time going forward, if we go down I think we're likely to get stuck down there due to the number of players that will want/need to leave unlike last time when fortunately not that many people wanted them.

I woke up at 3am this morning, just couldn't get back to sleep thanks to Newcastle, thinking about all the possible permutations over the next couple of games.

After the Chelsea game this seemed inconceivable, last time there was a real feeling of something to blame or an understandable cause for us going down, and that allowed the club to come back with a purpose. This time it's like we've sleepwalked through most of the season and woken up on the edge of a cliff, and so far it seems like the drowsiness hasn't lifted and we're going to head on over, while most of the other clubs are running away full pelt.

I fully agree with this.

If (and it's a massive one) we stay up I don't think we'll be knocking about again at the bottom for a reasonable amount of time going forward, if we go down I think we're likely to get stuck down there due to the number of players that will want/need to leave unlike last time when fortunately not that many people wanted them.

It is a completely different situation and I agree the the relegation was kind of a cleansing process for the club. This time though there are not a lot (maybe just Ryan Taylor and perhaps Jonas) of poor players and ridiculous contracts, that relegation allows you the opportunity to get rid of. We are also in a healthy financial position and relegation won't cripple us. We have most of our players locked up on long term deals. There will be no need for a fire sale and the ownership having been through this once before will be pretty confident that we will just be in the lower tier for one year and reluctant to sell any players at cut price deals.

Don't think that there will be any need for a fire sale this time around, but can't see many of our international players wanting to hang around in the lower leagues even just for a season in the run up to a World Cup.

Yup, that's what I was getting at. Due to the (now not so) clever recruitment we'll be able to turn a profit on all of them anyway you'd have thought despite the worst happening.

Keeping disenfranchised players at the club isn't going to benefit anyone as we've seen previously.

Don't think that there will be any need for a fire sale this time around, but can't see many of our international players wanting to hang around in the lower leagues even just for a season in the run up to a World Cup.

Yup, that's what I was getting at. Due to the (now not so) clever recruitment we'll be able to turn a profit on all of them anyway you'd have thought despite the worst happening.

Keeping disenfranchised players at the club isn't going to benefit anyone as we've seen previously.

I'm not sure I agree with this completely. Things can turn around pretty quickly in football - people might be champing at the bit to leave if we go down, but a season dominating the Championship and an instant promotion might actually be alright of them.

No doubt some players will want to leave, but keeping some might not be a disaster as long as we come straight back up. In general it's too easy for players to ditch a relegated club.

After the Chelsea game this seemed inconceivable, last time there was a real feeling of something to blame or an understandable cause for us going down, and that allowed the club to come back with a purpose. This time it's like we've sleepwalked through most of the season and woken up on the edge of a cliff, and so far it seems like the drowsiness hasn't lifted and we're going to head on over, while most of the other clubs are running away full pelt.

Perfect analogy. Exactly how I feel and partly why I'm seething at the whole situation which, imo, was all too obvious for those watching the team week-in, week-out, to see. It was all so avoidable if Pardew had woken the fuck up / had been ditched a lot sooner.

Terrified we're on our way.

We're in freefall, just can't see us staying up right now. QPR will play with no pressure and will play well imo, and with our toothless frontline, we'll struggle even against them I reckon.

Arsenal is a guranteed loss I think, unless Pardew gives the teamtalk of his life. Wigan are also just too up for it, my fingers are crossed but I don't see us squeezing out of this nightmare, hope to god I'm wrong :(

I see a common contradiction in this miserable, depressing but unfortunately necessary thread. Any team who have nothing at stake are "on their holidays" when they're playing one of our rivals at the bottom, but when they're playing us they are "playing with no pressure".

Can't believe we've reached a point of fearing an already relegated club, rock bottom, with 2 points from their last 6 games according to the form table.

Perfect analogy. Exactly how I feel and partly why I'm seething at the whole situation which, imo, was all too obvious for those watching the team week-in, week-out, to see. It was all so avoidable if Pardew had woken the fuck up / had been ditched a lot sooner.

Terrified we're on our way.

As an outsider, your drive into the relegation fight has been a gigantic surprise.

If you look at the other clubs down there - us with a team full of kids, we were always going to struggle this year, Norwich with no proven goalscorer and a weak squad, Sunderland having been taken back to the 1980s by MON and then handed over to a league one fascist nutjob, Southampton the newly promoted side, Wigan the perennial strugglers - all of those clubs you can say it is no massive surprise to see them in the relegation battle, but you lot?

A look at where you finished last year, and the sort of season you had, then another look at your squad, and it is utterly inexplicable.

Actually, it isn't inexplicable, there's really only one possible reason for that - the manager. I bet you if you did a straw poll of the rest of the country, though, they'd all think Pardew was doing a decent job.

That's largely how we felt last year when told we weren't giving McLeish a chance, or that he too was doing a decent job.