Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I will never say a bad word about Swansea City. Love how everyone like me took it for granted that Wigan would win and then they didn't :D.

Result on Sunday, sack Pardew and then we're all good for the future.

If we beat QPR aren't we safe regardless of what else happens?

No but if Villa get beaten off Chelsea we are.

actually depends on Wigan game vs Arsenal, we beat QPR and Wigan fail to beat Arsenal then we are safe no matter what happens final day

We don't even have to care about the Arsenal-Wigan game. If we beat QPR and Villa get beat by Chelsea over the weekend, we are safe as those two cannot both overtake us (they meet on the last matchday).

http://i.imgur.com/z5g1D27.png

Chelsea in the hunt for CL spot. Win vs QPR on Sunday, we can pretend this cursed season never existed.

Edit: Southampton, Norwich, Mackems will be watching Chelsea-Villa with interest as well. By the same reasoning, a Villa loss means Sunderland and Norwich need 2 points (Southampton 1 pt) in the remaining games to be guaranteed safety.

Still a 9. I don't have any faith in us/Pardew, and feel uneasy about Wigans game at Arsenal. Having said that, tonight was delightful and such a relief!

We need better instructions for next year's PROMOTIONOMETER. The way I see it 9 means that we are 90% certain to go down and if Mistle sees it the same way he is either a lunatic or a massive pessimist. Either way, he should still go to see a bookie tomorrow.

Still not overly convinced, I know QPR are shocking but Pardew has drained all the belief out of me! I hope we go out and hump them stupid, a good 6 goal swing in our favour, on paper we look like we could. If we did though and we climbed the table into 12th can you imagine Pardews smug face??

Imagine us finishing 12th and Pardew being "content with a mid-table finish considering the injury situation we've had to deal with".

The revisionist schmuck will never speak of the fact that we were in the relegation zone for a moment with two games to go.

Still not overly convinced, I know QPR are shocking but Pardew has drained all the belief out of me! I hope we go out and hump them stupid, a good 6 goal swing in our favour, on paper we look like we could. If we did though and we climbed the table into 12th can you imagine Pardews smug face??

Do you really care? I'd be doing summersaults too tbf; The higher we end up, the better position we'll be going into next season.

He/Ashley/we all know it's been a shit season and, in all likelihood, decisions about his future at the club will already have been made.

Was a 9 before the Wigan game, going by the logic that they would win. 5 now I think. Even if we lose our remaining two games, Wigan would have to win one game. They wont win vs Arsenal and their game vs Villa is 50/50. Norwich could lose their final two games. Sunderland will get a point I reckon. And anyway, if we lose to QPR, we deserve to go down. Will be another draw and an ugly escape :anguish:

What happens when goal difference is the same?

Goals scored.

Teams are ranked by total points, then goal difference, and then goals scored. At the end of each season, the club with the most points is crowned champion. If points are equal, the goal difference and then goals scored determine the winner. If still equal, teams are deemed to occupy the same position. If there is a tie for the championship, for relegation, or for qualification to other competitions, a play-off match at a neutral venue decides rank.

It's probably just me, but I hope we finish in 17th and not higher.

I don't want Pardew, the fans or the board to think this season has gone any better than what it actually has been.

Point against QPR with Wigan to lose their remaining games and I'll be content.

Guest palnese

It's probably just me, but I hope we finish in 17th and not higher.I don't want Pardew, the fans or the board to think this season has gone any better than what it actually has been.

Madness.

It's probably just me, but I hope we finish in 17th and not higher.I don't want Pardew, the fans or the board to think this season has gone any better than what it actually has been.

Madness.

Nah, I sort of agree. If it somehow means Pardew goes. It probably doesn't. :yao:

Guest icemanblue

I hope we finish as high as we possibly can. No one will think we've had a good season, we've all been here since August. It's been a shocker and nobody will hide from that fact. However, if we finish ~13th, that means more money, less embarassment, less of a blot on our history, and will make it easier to attract any players in the summer.

To want to finish 17th because you don't like the manager is, in my opinion, absolutely bizarre.

I seriously wish I was fed up with this club.  Too many good things happening outside it, but this fucking loyalty thing is a real downer.  And my weak ass connection to this club...I worshipped Keegan as a kid, so chose Newcastle because of that back in the early 90's.  Madness.

What happens when goal difference is the same?

Goals scored.

Teams are ranked by total points, then goal difference, and then goals scored. At the end of each season, the club with the most points is crowned champion. If points are equal, the goal difference and then goals scored determine the winner. If still equal, teams are deemed to occupy the same position. If there is a tie for the championship, for relegation, or for qualification to other competitions, a play-off match at a neutral venue decides rank.

So if Wigan were level on points currently, and GD is the same, we would go down.

We need chelsea to beat spurs tonight, arsean to then do wigan...depending on what we do at qpr...

Us an aresenal may only need a point each in our last game